GUILTY MD - Christine Sheddy, 26, Pocomoke City, 14 November 2007

Christine Sheddy has been missing since November 12th 2007 in Maryland.

I am trying to get more attention to this case and will post more but wanted to start the thread to see if anyone else has been following this case at all.

It is a small town in Maryland and not much was done by law enforcement and or the people involved. A very intriguing case to say the least.

Christine was trying to finally break free from her life and her abusive relationship. A story that has been told before but this one still has the victim missing.

I would also like to see some discussions on this case. Lots being posted on the Pocomoke Tattler Blog site about this case recently and some of it rather revealing. Pocomoke Tattler is local news and goings on in the Pocomoke area.

To Lynn, Steve, Jen and the boys - today marks another anniversary without Christine. You have endured so much that no one should have to endure. You are a point of light - a shining example to those who have lost a loved one - vanished without a trace. You have fought the good fight, against incredible odds, and prevailed. Those that have stood by you over the past two years remain steadfast in our commitment to you - Christine will be brought home to you. In spite of those few who, beyond all human comprehension, have sought to defame, detract, and discredit your efforts to find Christine, know this - it has not discouraged you but strengthened your resolve - and ours. To them, we show Christian care, concern, and compassion. No one should understimate for a second, the love and bond between a Mother and her child.
For you:
Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am in a thousand winds that blow, I am the softly falling snow. I am the gentle showers of rain, I am the fields of ripening grain. I am in the morning hush, I am in the graceful rush Of beautiful birds in circling flight, I am the starshine of the night. I am in the flowers that bloom, I am in a quiet room. I am in the birds that sing, I am in each lovely thing. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there. I do not die.

News coming in that Mitchell also mishandled evidence in the Sheddy case.

http://www.pocomoketattler.com/
"A 7-year old Pocomoke girl was raped repeatedly and Pocomoke Police Department was told to arrest the person responsible no less than 6 times over 6 months and Detective Scott Mitchell under direct orders refused to make the rape arrest. Evidence was destroyed, tampered with, while other people in Pocomoke “enjoyed” having sex with this child. "

SNOW HILL – Local law enforcement agencies are investigating human remains that were discovered buried in a parcel of land near the Snow Hill municipal parking lot.

Worcester County State’s Attorney Joel Todd said “it would be inappropriate to comment” on whether the body was that of missing woman Christine Sheddy. Sheddy disappeared from a Pocomoke-area farm house in November 2007.

Officials from the Maryland State Police, Worcester County Sheriff’s Office, Worcester County Bureau of investigation and Worcester County State’s Attorney’s Office were led to the site as part of a larger investigation, Todd said.

The remains, which were found with a pair of shoes and some jeans, will be sent to the state Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore.

Todd said he did not know how long the body had been there, and declined to comment any further for the sake of the investigation.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100219/NEWS01/100219047

Written by Kye Parsons
Authorities ID Human Remains Found in Snow Hill

Posted: Feb 26, 2010 12:38 PM

SNOW HILL, Md.- The State Medical Examiner's office on Friday confirmed that the human remains found in Snow Hill on Feb. 19 are that of Christine Sheddy, a Delaware woman who had been reported as missing since 2007.

Sheddy disappeared on Nov. 14, 2007 after being last seen in a house in Pocomoke. Since that time, the case has been handled as a "missing person" case by the Worcester County Sheriff's Office and the Worcester County Bureau of Investigation. Assisting in the investigation is the Maryland State Police and the Office of the State's Attorney for Worcester County.

According to State's Attorney Joel Todd, no cause of death has been determined yet. Todd said police are treating this case as a suspicious death.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12051340

May justice prevail.

RIP, Christine. :rose:

According to the Pocomoke Tattler:

!!!!!Breaking News!!!!! It’s Official Remains Found in Snow Hill ARE Christine Sheddy

Joel J. Todd
State’s Attorney

Office of the State’s Attorney for Worcester County
The William G. Kerbin, Jr. Building
106 Franklin Street
Snow Hill, Maryland 21863
Michael W. Farlow Paul Haskell
Deputy State’s Attorney Deputy State’s Attorney
Circuit Court Division District Court Division

February 26, 2010

To: Local Media
Re: Identification of Human Remains

On February 26, 2010, the Office of the Medical Examiner for Maryland advised the Worcester County Bureau of Investigation that the human remains located in Snow Hill on February 19 were the remains of Christine Marie Sheddy.

Sheddy has been missing since November 14, 2007. Since that time, the case has been handled as a “missing person” case by the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office and the Worcester County Bureau of Investigation. Assisting in the investigation is the Maryland State Police and the Office of the State’s Attorney for Worcester County.

No cause of death has yet been determined. All involved law enforcement agencies are treating this as a suspicious death.

Because this is a pending investigation, no further details will be disclosed at this time.

RIP Christine. Condolences to family and friends.

RIP Christine - Any news as to the POI's? Last I read, one moved out of the area, and one was being watched...

RIP Christine - Any news as to the POI's? Last I read, one moved out of the area, and one was being watched...

They arrested Justin Hadel, who was in Texas, but the link between him and the murder are unclear at the moment. He was staying there at the same time she was.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...-missing-two-years-found-in-maryland/19375757

This case is just maddening. It's such a great example of how ineffective and lazy law enforcement can be when they choose to (she lived in Delaware so you have to file there, Delaware says she didn't disappear there and sends her back) and how hard a mother has to push to get answers about her own child. Cases like this make me want to bang my head against the wall. It shouldn't have taken this long to get answers if people had been better about actually doing their job in the first place. I'm tired of reading cases like this.

This is such a sad case....I don't think it got much attention

the "mayor" of the town was also the lead detective and he didn't feel that Christine was "worthy " of much trouble or "bother" to him from what he blatantly has stated

such a loss....RIP Christine...I hope the state takes this over and gets justice for this tragedy

I am so glad that Christines remains have been found and I guess now JUSTICE can begin on this tragic ending of a life. This case is DEFINATELY a case of domestic violence and the TYPICAL hush hush of a single mother trying to raise her children and being abused by the men she trusted the most. It is just so sad these cases are not bright to the forefront. I have a hard time knowing that this case was not even on the news other than local and it is a VERY interesting case. I would love to see this case on 60 minutes, 48 hours etc etc.
I sure wish someone would take an interest in these cases of women just thrown away as they don't know any better...

On February 20, 2010, following the discovery of the remains of Christine Sheddy in Snow Hill, charges were issued against Justin Michael Hadel, age 19, of College Station Texas for 1st Degree Murder, 2nd Degree Murder, 1st Degree Assault, and 2nd Degree Assault.

http://pocomoketattler.com/?p=175

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lynn Dodenhoff announces today that a public funeral service has been
scheduled in honor of her daughter Christine Sheddy. Below is a copy
of Christine's obituary and service notification.

Christine Marie Sheddy

Christine was born in Dover, Delaware on December 22, 1980 and was brought home to be with the Lord on November 13, 2007. Christine enjoyed helping with the family business. She loved music, relaxing with her friends and spending time on the computer. Christine was a free spirit, with a desire to help anyone in need. As a kind and caring soul, her family and friends meant the world to her, just as she has for them.

Christine leaves behind three beautiful children: a daughter Haylie Lynch, and two sons, Isaac and Ezekiel Hall, Clair Sheddy her father, Lynn and Steven Dodenhoff her mother and step father. Also left behind include her sister and brother-in-law,Jennifer and Paul Knapp , her brother Jeremy Hunt, Maternal Grandparents Richard and Margaret Keesser, Paternal Grandmother Ingeborg A. Sheddy. Christine also leaves behind many aunts, uncles,cousins, nieces and nephews both in England and the United States. Christine is preceded in death by her brother Michael Keesser, George and Lillian Abel of England, along with her paternal grandfather James R. Sheddy.

Services for Christine will be held at the Milford First Baptist Church on Old Shawnee Road, Milford, Delaware on Saturday March 20, 2010.
Visitation will be from noon until 2:00 p.m. Burial will be at Barratt’s Chapel in Frederica, Delaware.

In lieu of flowers, to help offset costs for the services, the family is requesting donations be made to the Christine Sheddy Memorial Fund through The First National Bank of Wyoming, 7 Commerce Street, Harrington, DE 19952

Please direct media questions to Mandy Albritton 713/299-4980 or Sean Henady 765/714-2333 from the 3View Search Services Foundation.

Bumping this for everyone to see.

My heart and spirit will be with Christine's family Saturday.

Tricia

It is my understanding that Christine's mom checks in WS once in awhile.

Please leave any messages here for her.

Thank you.

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member