MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are ramping up quick. Cops began moving into the crowd area and people began following them. With cell phone cameras of course. When they arrived they stood there. You could hear a woman saying medical emergency over and over. Over her voice you could hear a male voice saying loudly "what the f... is going on" over and over. He was drowning out the voice saying medical emergency. Announcer explained that evidently the LE had moved into the crowd to provide support for the EMS.

Respectfully, I think that part of the problem in general is leadership talking out of both sides of their mouth and basically sending mixed messages imo (when protests escalate into crime/riots/looting/arson). It's important to make decisive decisions that curb the criminal behavior immediately. Waffling doesn't do anyone any good, it only enables those that want to cause mayhem the ability to destroy property and it becomes enormously expensive quickly. The message should be let the investigations and judicial process play out for the LE involved in Gray's death because wheels of justice take time, and any rioting/criminal conduct will not be tolerated at all, no leeway. Plus media not giving crips etc. face time or allowing people to make "demands." This waffling gets expensive and dangerous for law-abiding citizens real quick. Jmo/

The wheels of justice turn slowly for Baltimore police officers. But the same rules didn't apply to Freddie Grey.

CNN is not showing this but local TV is showing dancers and marching bands going through the streets. People of all races and ages are coming together peacefully.

WHY are dancers and marching bands doing a parade? I thought they were angry about police brutality? :waitasec:

I am not giving excuses for anyone or placing blame on anyone else. I am just saying that is how life is for them. I am also not saying that these are the same kids out there looting and rioting.

As far as the middle class, college kids yelling things...I don't know what is up with them...

I know you weren't. :wave: Just saying and jumping off your post that there is NO EXCUSE for anyone burning down that senior citizen low income housing center or the local pharmacy, or setting fire to the home of a couple and their infant, because someone had a chitty childhood. JMO

CNN is not showing this but local TV is showing dancers and marching bands going through the streets. People of all races and ages are coming together peacefully.

Can you add a link to the local programming so we can pick it up ourselves? tia

WHY are dancers and marching bands doing a parade? I thought they were angry about police brutality? :waitasec:

They are coming together for peace. Not all people who live in that community wanted the rioting or their city burned down. They want to show the world that all of Baltimore is not like that.

They are still protesting against police brutality but they are also protesting for change.

Can you add a link to the local programming so we can pick it up ourselves? tia

I was watching wbaltv.com but they ended their programming for the voice. If you go their website, you can probably see clips.

That is actually a good thing. Sitting, standing there is boring. Singing, dancing and chanting helps keep the crowd involved. And a bored crowd easily gets resentful. So as long as they are singing and dancing its a good thing.

I don't live in an inner city. I live in a small town. I also know many single parents, parents that work at any job they can find. They try to spend time with the kids when they are off and to make sure someone else is with them when they can't be.

I also know other single parents. They don't work. Not all but some of them also don't watch their e kids. Or fix meals or do for them. That isn't the system's fault that is the parents fault. Both parents not just the single caregiver.

I hear about how the inner city kids are deprived because there are no services for them. None of the towns in my area have community centers or recreational buildings. The park usually consists of a ball field and a basketball hoop. Maybe a set of swings if they are lucky. Some of the local towns do not have a grocery store, only gas stations. There is no pool for summer.

Am I and my family neglected and we didn't know it? Should we riot to call attention to our deprivation? If our children get arrested, hooked on drugs or killed during criminal activity should I blame the system instead of them?

We must be from the same town. 1,200 population, and we don't have those things either lol.

[the link worked for me earlier--now it is dead so I will try and find a good one--deleted until then...]

I am failing to see why it is so darn difficult for some of the powers that be to call the rioters criminal and yes that word we are not supposed to use here. What else can you call idiots who cut firehoses and throw bricks at the firemen? Misguided? Ok then WHO are there dang GUIDES then? Are they so drug addled they think the firemen somehow killed Freddie Gray?

I also live in a small community (2K). We have 4 parks, a creek, 3 churches with youth groups, lots of organized sports. I still see kids throwing rocks off of the railroad bridge for fun.:facepalm:

That incident is on youtube and the folks doing the throwing of crap started with the rioters. They went into the sports crowd and started picking fights with both the security and the sportsfans...but hey, I guess you see what you want and you pick the video that supports your side. The ri er protestors were at equal guilt as the supposedly drunken patrons..

That is debatable these days. But even if it were true, kids don't know about options they never see.

The reason I am not buying that excuse is because I have followed very closely the social media of many of the major players in these nationwide demonstrations. Very few of the marchers are poor impoverished children with no educations. The Ferguson players were all professional activists, being paid by various organizations.

If you look at #BaltimoreUprising, which organized this entire event for the past week, you will see two major Ferguson players. Both of them have advanced college degrees and big time professional jobs.

http://baltimoreuprising.org

SStarr33 post

Here is an interview with the gang members:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HaaRZ8nxd4

Sweet innocent little angels.

SStarr33, I brought your post over from other thread, thanks for video:

Is anyone buying what these gangs are trying to sell that they are promoting non-violence or not working against LE? Did I miss the memo that criminal enterprises who exploit women and people through drug trafficking, prostitution, weapons trafficking and human trafficking, not to mention violent crimes like murder, arson, etc basically SOLELY for the EXPLOITATION of people for money, have turned a new leaf? Did I miss that memo or may be these gangs are full of BOLOGNA...and I wonder if there is a gang connection that orchestrated this recent violence. Feds need to figure out who started the mayhem because I bet it's not the law-abiding community.

Jmo/

SStarr33 brought your post over from other thread, thanks for video:

Is anyone buying what these gangs are trying to sell that they are promoting non-violence? Did I miss the memo that criminal enterprises who exploit women and people through drug trafficking, prostitution, weapons trafficking and human trafficking, not to mention violent crimes like murder, arson, etc basically SOLELY for the EXPLOITATION of people for money have turned a new leaf? Did I miss that memo or may be these gangs are full of BOLOGNA...and I wonder if there is a gang connection that orchestrated this recent violence. Feds need to figure out who's starting this mayhem because I bet it's not law-abiding community.

Jmo/

I do not buy that the gangs are there to promote peace. IMO, they do not want the police and cameras there because they can't make their money. Dope boys can't be on the corners selling and people aren't going to go in the neighborhood to get it...they are losing money. Now they are showing the people of the neighborhood, Hey we helped keep the peace and your businesses safe so continue to turn your head while we murder and destroy that same community.

SStarr33, I brought your post over from other thread, thanks for video:

Is anyone buying what these gangs are trying to sell that they are promoting non-violence or not working against LE? Did I miss the memo that criminal enterprises who exploit women and people through drug trafficking, prostitution, weapons trafficking and human trafficking, not to mention violent crimes like murder, arson, etc basically SOLELY for the EXPLOITATION of people for money, have turned a new leaf? Did I miss that memo or may be these gangs are full of BOLOGNA...and I wonder if there is a gang connection that orchestrated this recent violence. Feds need to figure out who's started the mayhem because I bet it's not the law-abiding community.

Jmo/

not buying it - but all the social media & all the l/e - it's cutting into their profitable business. so, it's in their best interest to get the cameras & focus out of their area.

haha - miss sunshine - it's so obvious - isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member