MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting your information from regarding Freddie being in a bad car accident and having spinal surgery? That info is not reflected in that case number you indicated.

That is what it looked like to me and what I was told...but I deleted for now because the link went bad.

Wow, that really is terrible, those poor kids, no wonder they just follow the path of the drug dealers, there would be hardly any other option.

Sure there is. Go to school, get an education, and make something of their lives.

They may be disadvantaged and have no one at home who sets a good example, but we can't just assume their future is doomed because their home life sucks. I don't know what the public school system is like there, but I would hope there is some sort of safety net or intervention program in place for at-risk kids. And as an educator, I would hope their teachers serve as role models for them. I would hope their teachers help them realize they have options, and have the potential to be successful if they work hard enough.

We can't just give up on kids and accept that they're headed for a life of crime simply because they grow up in poor neighborhoods and are raised by people with crappy parenting skills. We just can't.

SStarr33, I brought your post over from other thread, thanks for video:

Is anyone buying what these gangs are trying to sell that they are promoting non-violence or not working against LE? Did I miss the memo that criminal enterprises who exploit women and people through drug trafficking, prostitution, weapons trafficking and human trafficking, not to mention violent crimes like murder, arson, etc basically SOLELY for the EXPLOITATION of people for money, have turned a new leaf? Did I miss that memo or may be these gangs are full of BOLOGNA...and I wonder if there is a gang connection that orchestrated this recent violence. Feds need to figure out who's started the mayhem because I bet it's not the law-abiding community.

Jmo/

Its surreal to me to know gang leaders are actually given recognition as if they are some kind of public servant... when in truth they have done so much irreparable harm and devastation to so many neighborhoods.

If they know who the gang leaders are then why aren't they in jail? All of this seems crazy to me. That would be like us meeting with ISIS on a problem we have here when they are part of the problem. So much of this makes no sense.

IMO

Its surreal to me to know gang leaders are actually given recognition as if they are some kind of public servant... when in truth they have done so much irreparable harm and devastation to so many neighborhoods.

If they know who the gang leaders are then why aren't they in jail? All of this seems crazy to me. That would be like us meeting with ISIS on a problem we have here when they are part of the problem. So much of this makes no sense.

IMO

I agree. It is like a third world country. I can't believe that this can occur in the USA.

I do not buy that the gangs are there to promote peace. IMO, they do not want the police and cameras there because they can't make their money. Dope boys can't be on the corners selling and people aren't going to go in the neighborhood to get it...they are losing money. Now they are showing the people of the neighborhood, Hey we helped keep the peace and your businesses safe so continue to turn your head while we murder and destroy that same community.

The vicious cycle continues, gangs and LE get along when LE looks the other way, but the community and people suffer because of drug addiction, sexual exploitation, young teens getting killed for stupid things like because they aren't in a gang but date a girl who dated a gang banger etc. Then you may have a small percent of overly-aggressive cops who kill an innocent and guess who suffers, the community because they lose trust in LE, but then it feels like no one is protecting the law-abiding community. Most LE are there to protect communities and there for the right reasons, and communities need to work with them to develop that trust. Just to add- I saw a young teen, he was about 15yrs old get shot down in the middle of the day a long time ago in a regular family neighborhood at the time (rumored gang drive by because kid sold weed/or/over girl, the victim was not in a gang, gang just didn't like him). Childhood neighborhood that has since gone downhill. But I still remember hearing his mother wailing and it was the saddest thing I have ever heard. Gangs will not solve any community's problem, Jmo/

SStarr33, I brought your post over from other thread, thanks for video:

Is anyone buying what these gangs are trying to sell that they are promoting non-violence or not working against LE? Did I miss the memo that criminal enterprises who exploit women and people through drug trafficking, prostitution, weapons trafficking and human trafficking, not to mention violent crimes like murder, arson, etc basically SOLELY for the EXPLOITATION of people for money, have turned a new leaf? Did I miss that memo or may be these gangs are full of BOLOGNA...and I wonder if there is a gang connection that orchestrated this recent violence. Feds need to figure out who's started the mayhem because I bet it's not the law-abiding community.

Jmo/

They are only going to "help" black people.

Per the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/u...-in-a-weary-and-unsettled-baltimore.html?_r=0

“We’re frustrated,” he continued, “and that’s why we’re out there in the streets.”

Then he described how he and some Bloods had stood in front of black-owned stores to protect them from looting or vandalism. He said they had made sure no black children, or reporters, were hit by rioters. They pointed them toward Chinese- and Arab-owned stores. Charles said Mr. Gray had brought gangs together.

Sorry. I thought I put that in the original post

I don't think you can link CTH. can you? I saw an MSM link about this previously but it seems to have disappeared. So maybe it is faulty?
No, CTH cannot be linked.

I am failing to see why it is so darn difficult for some of the powers that be to call the rioters criminal and yes that word we are not supposed to use here. What else can you call idiots who cut firehoses and throw bricks at the firemen? Misguided? Ok then WHO are there dang GUIDES then? Are they so drug addled they think the firemen somehow killed Freddie Gray?

Well, Obama did. He called them both criminals AND the word we're not supposed to say here....in the same sentence!

There are plenty of other options.

Of course there are other options. But these kids dont know what they dont know. They truly believe there are no other options. The Dopeman is who everyone respects in those neighbourhoods. Nobody gets out of the ghetto on their own. They need help. They need a catalyst.

Wow. Finally got around to watching that mother lay a beating on her son. So wrong, yet so right at the same time. It was a paradoxical beatdown. lol

That incident is on youtube and the folks doing the throwing of crap started with the rioters. They went into the sports crowd and started picking fights with both the security and the sportsfans...but hey, I guess you see what you want and you pick the video that supports your side. The ri er protestors were at equal guilt as the supposedly drunken patrons..

Puhlease. I'm a diehard Cub fan. I've been to enough MLB home and away ball games to know how drunk fans act. The article was rounded and described how both sides were responsible. I kind of doubt the protesters just happened to be carrying bottles of the same kind which were being served at the bars outside Camden Yards to specifically throw them at fans.

See it on a side if you wish. The truth is the truth, responsibility lies where it does with both the drunken fans AND protesters. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It really is media malpractice that they did not report on this.

It really is malpractice on the part of the MSM. Not only did they ignore the violent unprovoked attacks on sports fans at Camden yard that took place on the weekend (when supposedly the protesters were "mostly peaceful" according to the MSM) they also repeated the lie that sportfans were to blame. Last night I was watching Don Lemon and he said white sports fans had provoked attacks by using the "N" word.

Oh, and I didn't find anything about a car accident. But there was something about a structured settlement - but that seems to have been dismissed (I could be reading that wrong though)

JMHO

Puhlease. I'm a diehard Cub fan. I've been to enough MLB home and away ball games to know how drunk fans act. The article was rounded and described how both sides were responsible. I kind of doubt the protesters just happened to be carrying bottles of the same kind which were being served at the bars outside Camden Yards to specifically throw them at fans.

See it on a side if you wish. The truth is the truth, responsibility lies where it does with both the drunken fans AND protesters. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm sure there's enough blame to go around but when looking at the video, the "agitators" got their "ammunition" from areas outside the bars, i.e., trash cans, items abandoned on tables on outside eating areas, and what appeared to be tents set up with coolers where patrons could possibly purchase beer.

Of course there are other options. But these kids dont know what they dont know. They truly believe there are no other options. The Dopeman is who everyone respects in those neighbourhoods. Nobody gets out of the ghetto on their own. They need help. They need a catalyst.

OF COURSE THEY NEED HELP. And google 'Non-profits+Baltimore' and you will see plenty of programs for needy kids. Educational, health, sports, arts, counseling etc etc.

My point though is that the demonstrations are not made up primarily of impoverished uneducated kids. The front lines are chock full of college educated activists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?