MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MJ and his crews intentions were planned, but what took place after that was not planned.
Meaning: MJ or someone in crew wanting PB in a sexual way was a plan.
MJ and crew being responsible for PB disappearing not planned, but a cover up for what happened after the planned intent?

Bingo!

Excellent points.

Also with regards to the circle of POI's. Which is quite large, 30 IIRC, while the list may be narrowed it is still several. Eventually this group of 6-12 or whatever the current number might be is going to grow tired of every single detail of their life being intruded upon while LE is breathing down their neck investigating.

Eventually people are going to want to get on with the business of life without the invasion of their privacy by keeping secrets hidden. Who wants to subject themself to that endlessly? Someone is gonna get tired of it and talk - and when that time comes EVERYONE who is keeping the secret(s) is going to face the repercussions for doing so.

Unless a group of persons (and all they come in contact with) don't mind being under the spotlight of an investigation (without knowing because LE doesn't show their hand) endlessly the time to release yourself by coming forward with what you know and regain your privacy/end your involvement/make the deal with LE is now.

I wonder what exactly the laws are in Bmore?
Because at this point if anyone knows anything and is with-holding it,
will they still be charged? Because if thats the case no one will sing unless they have to?

Now on the other hand if someone heard something and suspects certain things about the POI's then thats different, they should then just call the hotline and give the info as a tip?

I wonder what exactly the laws are in Bmore?
Because at this point if anyone knows anything and is with-holding it,
will they still be charged? Because if thats the case no one will sing unless they have to?

Now on the other hand if someone heard something and suspects certain things about the POI's then thats different, they should then just call the hotline and give the info as a tip?

I added this upthread or in one of the earlier threads, worth posting again.

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE:

Obstruction of justice is an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers. It may include tampering with or intimidating, hiding evidence or interfering with an arrest
more at link:
http://definitions.uslegal.com/o/obstruction-of-justice/

ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT:

Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18

Each state has their own laws and I don't know exactly what the laws are in MD. I do know any of that circle doing the above to hinder or prevent the offender risks some serious repercussions themself. I do not believe for a second only 1 person knows what happened the day PB went missing. There were far too many people in and out of that apartment for only 1 to know.

JMO

ETA: When it comes to drugs, there is a certain quantity (what it is for what drug I don't know) after which the charges automatically include intent to distribute. So depending how much someone has on them when busted they could be charged with intent. (In addition to possession, under the influence etc... )

This circle of people are playing with fire and it is only a matter of time before someone gets burned and wanting to save their own behind will talk or work with LE to obtain additional info regarding PB's disapperance. For all we know that could be occuring right now. (I don't know that it is, or is not, but was just a theory.)

Drug dealers do in fact worry about who LE is watching - because they don't want to get busted. EVERY action a drug dealer takes is to ensure they are cautious and don't draw attention to themselves. The highest number of POI's was 30- so everyone those 30 associate with risk having extra attention drawn to them simply by way of association. I agree with the rest of your post. (in other words I think we were saying the same thing but phrasing it differently.)

From my understanding of drug dealers: meaning I have had some in my family they are FEARLESS, STUPID (yet clever) from the beginning to the end. Never realizing that they are going to get caught, either by a bullet or by the law. Many however (NEVER GET CAUGHT).
Yet they commence to running their business as if they are sound proof. Never thinking for one minute that it will happen to them.
The sad part is that they know the laws, lawyers, and the system better they we and can manuver in and out of it easily.
Most drug dealers have a record longer than an LP when they are finally sent away for some time. Meaning LE knows about them, the system knows about them, and most of the time something had to have went terribly wrong for them to get real time for the crime.
This is what I have seen to be a reality in my world, not sure about everyone elses?
Just remember the USA consumes 50% of ILLEGAL Drugs in the WORLD.
The consumption has to be made available and possible?
But thats another story and blog so I won't get started.

I added this upthread or in one of the earlier threads, worth posting again.

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE:

Obstruction of justice is an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers. It may include tampering with or intimidating, hiding evidence or interfering with an arrest
more at link:
http://definitions.uslegal.com/o/obstruction-of-justice/

ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT:

Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18

Each state has their own laws and I don't know exactly what the laws are in MD. I do know any of that circle doing the above to hinder or prevent the offender risks some serious repercussions themself. I do not believe for a second only 1 person knows what happened the day PB went missing. There were far too many people in and out of that apartment for only 1 to know.

JMO

ETA: When it comes to drugs, there is a certain quantity (what it is for what drug I don't know) after which the charges automatically include intent to distribute. So depending how much someone has on them when busted they could be charged with intent. (In addition to possession, under the influence etc... )

This circle of people are playing with fire and it is only a matter of time before someone gets burned and wanting to save their own behind will talk or work with LE to obtain additional info regarding PB's disapperance. For all we know that could be occuring right now. (I don't know that it is, or is not, but was just a theory.)

Most of the sentencing that involves drugs are by the users and not the dealers. Dealers are a dime a dozen in the USA and sprout up like weeds.
Making it highly unlikely that they will do time. However it is a known fact that you will do more time if you are a user of drugs, verses dealing them.

So if in fact these POI's are dealers, and know people in LE, then they most likely think they are untouchable? This is sad, but believe me it is REALITY!

Has anyone read that post from the prayers page? Has anyone else heard that a female body was found in the water; along with a male? This is a new post. Can anyone confirm this? I'm back and forth at the comp and not settled in as of yet to research this allegation.

Well if the POI's think that they will be charged for knowingly obstructing justice, then they won't sing until they are forced to. Meaning they are brought in on charges and need to make a deal. Otherwise they won't bother, the no-snitching code applies.

Thats why it is important that LE drives them to do something stupid and let their guards down, and then LE has to be ready to move fast and charge them with something that will stick.

Has anyone read that post from the prayers page? Has anyone else heard that a female body was found in the water; along with a male? This is a new post. Can anyone confirm this? I'm back and forth at the comp and not settled in as of yet to research this allegation.

KB posted a response 24mins ago saying it was not true.
So I am not sure what they are talking about as far as a body?

There was a female aa teen found in a body of water in the philly area, however there is a tentative ID and not phylicia. (will link the girls thread here shortly. )

I don't know about a male... and will check out the prayer page later this evening.

hth

ETA: Thread for the missing teen whose body was believed found in a body of water in Philly. I don't know why the thread says Atlantic city because she was abducted from her cousins apartment somewhere in MD. Sadly, another AA female with little media attention. This girl didn't even get 1/20th of the MSM attention Phylicia's case has received. (and sad she leaves behind young children.)

NJ NJ - Nadirah Ruffin, 19, Atlantic City, 26 March 2011 - Abducted during home invasion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From one of the recent post that KB made on the FB page, she thinks that PB is being held somewhere and is alive.
She stated that God only knows what will happen to her if the creeps think that their time is running short?
UMMMM, I just don't understand this comment?
The Barnes family really have a different twist on this?
I wonder is it because of what they know from LE, or is it just that their faith and prayers lead them to believe that she will be found alive?

From my understanding of drug dealers: meaning I have had some in my family they are FEARLESS, STUPID (yet clever) from the beginning to the end. Never realizing that they are going to get caught, either by a bullet or by the law. Many however (NEVER GET CAUGHT).
Yet they commence to running their business as if they are sound proof. Never thinking for one minute that it will happen to them.
The sad part is that they know the laws, lawyers, and the system better they we and can manuver in and out of it easily.
Most drug dealers have a record longer than an LP when they are finally sent away for some time. Meaning LE knows about them, the system knows about them, and most of the time something had to have went terribly wrong for them to get real time for the crime.
This is what I have seen to be a reality in my world, not sure about everyone elses?
Just remember the USA consumes 50% of ILLEGAL Drugs in the WORLD.
The consumption has to be made available and possible?
But thats another story and blog so I won't get started.

I had a roomie who long before I met him dealt drugs. the more they get away with it the more they feel like 'superman' and are 'confident' they won't get caught. Just how LE pursues them I guess depends on the area. This roomie, had been sober/clean for an extended period of time before he fell off the wagon at which time I had to ask him to move. He did later get busted and did 3 years of prison time. Before he got busted (and before he fell off the wagon) he did give me the long run down on the how to's -what he did to avoid getting busted - how dealers work, etc. etc. So I am familiar with that. Fortunately he has his life back together now that he has been out a few years.

I know it does happen and eventually those who play with fire do pay. (almost) No one gets away with it forever...especially if they do it for a long time. Eventually those in this group may want to not do the time, not spend the money on atty's fee's, have careers, custody issues, significant others etc. etc. and they just are not going to be willing to do the time themself(ves) if they see an opportunity to make a deal. 30 POI's and all of their spheres of influence leaves a great number of opportunities for this case to be solved - in time.

JMO

From one of the recent post that KB made on the FB page, she thinks that PB is being held somewhere and is alive.
She stated that God only knows what will happen to her if the creeps think that their time is running short?
UMMMM, I just don't understand this comment?
The Barnes family really have a different twist on this?
I wonder is it because of what they know from LE, or is it just that their faith and prayers lead them to believe that she will be found alive?

It is not uncommon for many families of the missing to hold onto hope until concrete information proves otherwise. This imo, is KB's way of expressing such hope.

jmo

I had a roomie who long before I met him dealt drugs. the more they get away with it the more they feel like 'superman' and are 'confident' they won't get caught. Just how LE pursues them I guess depends on the area. This roomie, had been sober/clean for an extended period of time before he fell off the wagon at which time I had to ask him to move. He did later get busted and did 3 years of prison time. Before he got busted (and before he fell off the wagon) he did give me the long run down on the how to's -what he did to avoid getting busted - how dealers work, etc. etc. So I am familiar with that. Fortunately he has his life back together now that he has been out a few years.

I know it does happen and eventually those who play with fire do pay. (almost) No one gets away with it forever...especially if they do it for a long time. Eventually those in this group may want to not do the time, not spend the money on atty's fee's, have careers, custody issues, significant others etc. etc. and they just are not going to be willing to do the time themself(ves) if they see an opportunity to make a deal. 30 POI's and all of their spheres of influence leaves a great number of opportunities for this case to be solved - in time.

JMO

Just wondering Cubby, do you think his story would have been different if he were not a user, and only a dealer?
I know that nothing last forever (and yes some kind of way we do pay for our crimes, and sins), but when you think of the CONSTANT mass consumption of drugs in this country one has to know that the majority of the dealers and suppliers are CONSTANT just the same and are high in numbers as well.
Then, the numbers that are in the jails are mostly from the users?
So when I do the math, it tells me that the odds of the dealers, and suppliers(not users and dealers) getting caught and actually doing time is low?

It is not uncommon for many families of the missing to hold onto hope until concrete information proves otherwise. This imo, is KB's way of expressing such hope.

jmo

Yeh, I guess so.
Because every time LE talks about this case they speak of it as a recovery case more than a missing persons one.
I pray that PB is alive and soon found.

Just wondering Cubby, do you think his story would have been different if he were not a user, and only a dealer?
I know that nothing last forever (and yes some kind of way we do pay for our crimes, and sins), but when you think of the CONSTANT mass consumption of drugs in this country one has to know that the majority of the dealers and suppliers are CONSTANT just the same and are high in numbers as well.
Then, the numbers that are in the jails are mostly from the users?
So when I do the math, it tells me that the odds of the dealers, and suppliers(not users and dealers) getting caught and actually doing time is low?

My former roomies story started in childhood - circumstances of his childhood. I don't want to share too much of his personal information. But sometimes people will want to make a quick buck and turn to something illegal, then the money makes it difficult to let it go.... (and that is a general statement).

I don't know if you ever took a citizens police academy class. If your community offers one I highly advise taking them. They are quite insightful. I took one last spring and hope to take some more classes soon. (free, and these are offered through the police, non college credit kind of things but for community education...). Having a great number of LE discuss/lecture how various area's of LE enforcement work from traffic violations to DEA is very interesting imo. Kind of nice to get the factual info as opposed to rumor or misconception...

I will add some of my old roomies stories were quite eye opening and jaw dropping, and I did say I'm glad I didn't know him then because we would have never become friends.

Young people today are really a different type, and cut from totally different cloth.
Meaning they live for today only, never really caring about tomorrow.
They think they are untouchable, and will try anything once.
Never having the cares that older people like myself had at that age.
I cared, and had integrity which lead me to do the right thing, even after I may have done wrong (its called growing pains). I still learned from my mistakes and knew that there would be a price to pay.
Nowadays the right thing for these youngers is a long way from the REAL thing.
With all this being said, LE's job with this case is a long and trying one.
Not impossible!!!!! Its just not an easy one.

My former roomies story started in childhood - circumstances of his childhood. I don't want to share too much of his personal information. But sometimes people will want to make a quick buck and turn to something illegal, then the money makes it difficult to let it go.... (and that is a general statement).

I don't know if you ever took a citizens police academy class. If your community offers one I highly advise taking them. They are quite insightful. I took one last spring and hope to take some more classes soon. (free, and these are offered through the police, non college credit kind of things but for community education...). Having a great number of LE discuss/lecture how various area's of LE enforcement work from traffic violations to DEA is very interesting imo. Kind of nice to get the factual info as opposed to rumor or misconception...

I will add some of my old roomies stories were quite eye opening and jaw dropping, and I did say I'm glad I didn't know him then because we would have never become friends.

I guess I have been on the other side, my facts have been from my personal dealings with the users, dealers, etc.
Never really dealt with LE about these drug matters (especially in a classroom format) yet I know personally some LE and lawyers.
I have been on Jury duty cases involving drugs, however the charges were robbery, only after were we informed of the drugs. Which most of us knew during the trail that it had to be more to it and most likely the more was drugs.

Cubby I have seen lots of unfairness in my community when it comes to this drug crisis, and I have my own thoughts on what can be done verses what continues to be done.
My bottom line after years of research and watching from a personal view is;
We as a country, people, etc. HAVE NOT, and MOST LIKELY will NEVER do what is NECESSARY to rid our streets and communities of this madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500