ME - Debra Audet, 47, strangled in her Lewiston home, 16 March 2008

I really can't even comment on this. My mind won't even go there.

I haven't tended bar since the early 80's, so what is the drink they explained as "tossing back 40s" and the other two drinks "Night Train" and "Mad Dog 20/20"? My drink of choice is a Seabreeze, shows you my age.

40 oz beers are referenced as 40s. Then again maybe they were talking about 40 proof alcohol .:waitasec:

Never heard of a night train.
Mad Dog 20/20 has been around for 40 or so years. Wineo's love it because it's cheap and can be mixed with grapefruit juice. bleccck

with a mother like that i am actually schocked he had not snapped and killed her years ago.

I can't even begin to comprehend this story. I read the article, and am unable to wrap my brain around the details.

As one commenter said at my site, "I think I just threw up a little in my mouth."
Of course they would. It is being characterized it "as if" the young man was having "consensual sex" with his mother:

Tims told investigators that Debra Audet had a sexual relationship with her son. Tims said the relationship may have begun when Matthew was a boy, 8 or 9 years old.
Color me stupid but last I heard, the age of consent applies to boys too. But hey, perhaps when people are finished "throwing up in thier mouths" and prattling on about how "bizarre" this case is, in what appears to be a pathetic attempt to turn it into some purient Stephen King pulp fiction, they'll get around to seeing this woman for what she was. And they might even get around to having a smidgen of compassion for this young man whose life has been pretty much destroyed by his predatory mother who began sexually abusing him when he was 8 or 9 years old. One can only hope.

I'm reading Steve's Blog entry, and I just had to come say this: What a colossal idiot that fellow is! He actually thought people would believe his mother choked herself? Good lord! Darwin at work, I say!

No bail for man accused of strangling his mother
By Christopher Williams [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif],[/FONT] Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Several people attended the morning court hearing, including Alyssa Drake, who said she had known Matthew Audet since he was 11.

[...]

Drake said Audet had told her that his mother molested him and physically abused him. She also witnessed Debra Audet abuse her son in public, Drake said.

"We watched some physical touching with his mom touching him in places she shouldn't be touching him. She used to beat the hell out of him for no reason at all. She'd push him, smack him, and, you know, he would just keep walking."

Drake said she called Maine's Department of Health and Human Services to report the abuse, but they never followed up on her complaint."The state didn't do nothing about it," she said.

Drake also said Audet's mother gave him alcohol and marijuana when he was young.

"She was having him smoke. She would say that it would keep him out of trouble," Drake said.

Debra Audet would call police if her son left and report that he had tried to assault her, Drake said.

Police said Tuesday they had responded to repeated domestic violence calls at the Audet residence dating back to 1995 that resulted in arrests.

[...]

Drake said she could understand why Audet would want to kill his mother after years of abuse.

"Matt's really not a violent person," Drake said. "He snapped."
Full article: click here

I need a bath in Clorax after reading that.

YUCK!!!!

I thought it was malt liquor which is harder stuff?

In Maine we call beer anything that looks and smells like beer regardless of alcohol content, which makes sense considering that nowadays we have a plethora of "strong beer" labels some of which are as strong as wine. Tastes like tadpoles but people drink this to get drunk not to enjoy the taste. I suspect these beverages have been developed by breweries as a profitable way to get rid of the sludge that accumulates at the bottom of brewing vats over time.

Well if what Mr. Tims is saying is true then this guy had every right to be insane and kill his mother. Talk about Ed Gaines. Can't believe he wasn't a serial killer yet. I hope he gets the help he needs. I have a 9 year old son and this just makes me sick to think she was abusing him at that age.

I also have a nine year old and it sickens me to think that someone would do this. And if that wasnt enough then the mother had an affair with his wife. THis is one of the most bizarre stories I have ever heard.

After reading all of this I just can say is if this is all true We have a male Sibil (sp?) on our hands and he should receive total mercy.

Taken at face value, this is a nice looking young man who has an attractive wife. Is there any proof of the incest besides the neighbor's accusations?

I can't figure out why a young girl would ever have a sexual relationship with her MIL! I can't understand why that son would kill his mother.

The mother and son sound like two alcoholics. I wonder if the mother gave the son alcohol at a young age and then abused him. :(

Sad, sad, sad...

I never thought I would sit here feeling sorry for a killer, but here I sit. This story is just about the most twisted, perverted description of the depths that humanity can sink to that I have ever read! :sick:

Taken at face value, this is a nice looking young man who has an attractive wife. Is there any proof of the incest besides the neighbor's accusations?

I can't figure out why a young girl would ever have a sexual relationship with her MIL! I can't understand why that son would kill his mother.

The mother and son sound like two alcoholics. I wonder if the mother gave the son alcohol at a young age and then abused him. :(

Sad, sad, sad...
The dynamics of maternal incest against a male child are sad, but simple. Woman starts molesting child at an early age while ridiculing his "man hood" as well as telling him that if anyone finds out they will respond... well, pretty much as many of the posters here, as well as the media, has responded. Thus ensuring he will be too ashamed to tell. Son gets married, goes into the service, and while he's gone, the woman either drugs and rapes the 18 year old wife or the wife participates willingly. Doesn't matter which, as this is gross boundary violations in and of itself. Though, if the latter, these two women have ensured the man will never trust another woman (and will likely harbor intense and potentially violent resentment against women) for the rest of his natural born life. Son comes home, he and mom have a fight and she tells him he is obviously not a man enough bc even his wife went to her (the mom) to be sexually satisfied. And the rest is history.

What is doubly tragic about this case is that, had this involved paternal incest against a female child, not one person would question the efficacy of the reported sexual abuse. Nor would they have characterized the father's sexual abuse of his daughter as a "sexual relationship." And more than likely, when LE made their first domestic violence visit back in 1995 (for the mathematically challenged, that would be when Matthew was only 9 years old), they would have actually done something about it. As for this case, hopefully LE will investigate to determine other possible victims of this woman. After all, at the very least 13 years have passed, which means there is likely to be a victim count.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back