ME - Debra Audet, 47, strangled in her Lewiston home, 16 March 2008

Clarifying: When I said Darwin at work, I meant in the case of the mother. For her to abuse her son like that, and then have an affair with his wife. Sometimes chlorine in the gene pool isn't a bad thing. She certainly didn't give her son a chance, did she? Given that he actually thought the police would believe she choked herself to death! :mad: :furious: :mad: I feel sorry for him too, but he chose to kill her instead of trying to find help to get away from her.

Clarifying: When I said Darwin at work, I meant in the case of the mother. For her to abuse her son like that, and then have an affair with his wife. Sometimes chlorine in the gene pool isn't a bad thing. She certainly didn't give her son a chance, did she? Given that he actually thought the police would believe she choked herself to death! :mad: :furious: :mad: I feel sorry for him too, but he chose to kill her instead of trying to find help to get away from her.
he did have other choices. he was a grown man with a income so he could have left and cut her out of his life forever. logicly that would have been the right thing to do. emotionally he may not have been able to cut his ties to this woman. people often say you should just leave a abuser and in the case of battered women i agree. with a child that is abused it is diffrent. you can not leave before they beat you down so much you feel worthless without their validation. the sex may have started at 8 or 9 but the abuse started before then. this young man would have been raised in a home with a twisted set of values from day 1. how does a child raised in a home of rape and beatings learn life has a value?

I saw something like this on Jerry Springer one time....:waitasec:

After reading all of this I just can say is if this is all true We have a male Sibil (sp?) on our hands and he should receive total mercy.
Depends upon what said "mercy" entails. I strongly feel that setting him free would be not only a poor decision but dangerous as well. Considering that he killed someone (even though that someone was his abuser), in conjunction with the history of chronic sexual and physical abuse, he presents a very high risk picture as it pertains to public safety. Furthermore, research indicates that men who are sexually abused by their mothers are at increased risk for sexual aggression and violence. Sadly, I am admittedly unsure that he can be "fixed" at this point. For example, his initial lie to LE along with his chronological age, imho, makes a strong case for stunted development (most adults and even teens would not consider such a tale even remotely believable much less attempt to put such forth).

In all, and imho, this is a troubling case all the way around. Esp in a society that focuses on retribution as opposed to public safety. The best I think we, as a society, can do is to consider this case a lesson wrt the plight of sexually abused boys, and instead of making discompassionate remarks, vulgar jokes, and/or sensationalizing their horrid abuse, recognize and try to get help for the victims before they move to the next stage. Bc once they cross the line (what I refer to as the point of no return) and become the victimizer, it is, imho, too late.

Depends upon what said "mercy" entails. I strongly feel that setting him free would be not only a poor decision but dangerous as well. Considering that he killed someone (even though that someone was his abuser), in conjunction with the history of chronic sexual and physical abuse, he presents a very high risk picture as it pertains to public safety. Furthermore, research indicates that men who are sexually abused by their mothers are at increased risk for sexual aggression and violence. Sadly, I am admittedly unsure that he can be "fixed" at this point. For example, his initial lie to LE along with his chronological age, imho, makes a strong case for stunted development (most adults and even teens would not consider such a tale even remotely believable much less attempt to put such forth).

In all, and imho, this is a troubling case all the way around. Esp in a society that focuses on retribution as opposed to public safety. The best I think we, as a society, can do is to consider this case a lesson wrt the plight of sexually abused boys, and instead of making discompassionate remarks, vulgar jokes, and/or sensationalizing their horrid abuse, recognize and try to get help for the victims before they move to the next stage. Bc once they cross the line (what I refer to as the point of no return) and become the victimizer, it is, imho, too late.

Excellent Post!! I totally agree with you!!
Look at all the female teachers who sexually abuse young boys ... Almost all of them got light sentences.

Taken at face value, this is a nice looking young man who has an attractive wife.

I agree that Ozzie Osbourne and Dracula would probably like Kayla Audet. As for me, I'm more the hammock type than the coffin type. :)

Considering that he killed someone (even though that someone was his abuser), in conjunction with the history of chronic sexual and physical abuse, he presents a very high risk picture as it pertains to public safety. Furthermore, research indicates that men who are sexually abused by their mothers are at increased risk for sexual aggression and violence. Sadly, I am admittedly unsure that he can be "fixed" at this point. For example, his initial lie to LE along with his chronological age, imho, makes a strong case for stunted development (most adults and even teens would not consider such a tale even remotely believable much less attempt to put such forth).

The general feeling in the state is that Audet will end up at Riverview (state hospital) for psychiatric treatment unless his attorney turns out to be exceptionally incompetent.

Audet to serve 5 years
Sun-Journal Lewiston, Me.
May 16, 2009

AUBURN - A man sentenced Friday to serve five years in prison for strangling his mother was robbed of his childhood, the judge said.

Androscoggin County Superior Court Justice Joyce Wheeler sentenced 24-year-old Matthew Audet of Lewiston to 15 years in prison with all but five suspended.

Wheeler said she had a vision of Audet as a small boy pedaling his bike down the street to try to stop his father from driving drunk.

"It's the only glimpse I have that you were a child once and that is very sad because you deserved to have a childhood," Wheeler said.
Article excerpt (requires subscription for full article): click here

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back