ME ME - Kimberly Moreau, 17, Jay, 11 May 1986

Such a beautiful girl.
I dislike that they declared her legally dead though.
It's pretty much equivalent to giving up on Kim.

Hi Amber, it's just a legal process. Some states have statutes that require a legally dead status.

Legally dead is just death in absentia.

It's not giving up hope on the loved one, it's just an unfortunate choice some family's have to make when their loved one is gone for so many years and it's obvious they did not leave of their free will...etc.

If you look above Kimberly's father still searches for her. In the article dated 2008 her father had already posted over 10,000 missing poster for her. I would venture to say he still actively looks for her.

So to clarify, death in absentia is a legal term that is necessary in many states when a death certificate is needed, when a missing loved one has an estate that must be managed, or life insurance benefits could be funneled into the search for that missing person.

It sounds harsh. But it's not. :)

Yes, I just hope authorities haven't given up the search for her. I knew her family was still looking.

Does anyone know the first name of the girl that was with Kimberly on the day she disappeared? I am just curious.

Does ANYONE remember the first name of the girl that was with Kimberly Moreau the day she disappeared? The girl was a friend of hers and she is now deceased. Her first name, if anyone remembers. Thank you.....

Hello, we are a group that has formed to help in the search for Kim. Who was the 25 year old man, that she go in the car with? Who was her girlfriend? Were they partying at Meadowview in Canton?? Did anyone see her leave the party??? We have some names that may or may not have any relevence "Weston", "Bill", "Crockett". A camp located by a stream, that possibly had a green screen door at the time.

Richard, Would it be possible to have an interview with you???

Hello, we are a group that has formed to help in the search for Kim. Who was the 25 year old man, that she go in the car with? Who was her girlfriend? Were they partying at Meadowview in Canton?? Did anyone see her leave the party??? We have some names that may or may not have any relevence "Weston", "Bill", "Crockett". A camp located by a stream, that possibly had a green screen door at the time.

Busted please e-mail me mikedsvt@gmail.com....

More details to be had from us! Bizarrely some match already what you have said! There is a road name which has been confirmed in association with this event.

Jay, Maine is very close to the Naval Air Station, Brunswick, ME as I recall.

More or less, it's about an hour away.

I question the mention in the case summary that the car might have been a Chevrolet Monte Carlo OR a Pontiac Trans-Am. A Chevrolet Camaro Iroc-Z would have been more like a Trans-Am than would a Monte Carlo.

I agree, I don't see how anyone could confuse a Monte Carlo with a Firebird (Trans-Am) or a Camaro, it's a completely different body style.

More or less, it's about an hour away.

I agree, I don't see how anyone could confuse a Monte Carlo with a Firebird (Trans-Am) or a Camaro, it's a completely different body style.

I wouldn't confuse them, either, but someone who isn't into cars might not notice the differences. They'd just see a sporty white car. Or maybe the witness couldn't see the entire car, or was too far away to see clearly.

I wouldn't confuse them, either, but someone who isn't into cars might not notice the differences. They'd just see a sporty white car. Or maybe the witness couldn't see the entire car, or was too far away to see clearly.

If you are referring to differences between the Firebird/Trans-Am and the Camaro then I agree they are pretty subtle, it's basically the same car.

If you are referring to differences between the Firebird/Trans-Am and the Camaro then I agree they are pretty subtle, it's basically the same car.

I agree. Back about 1992, when I first heard of this case, the only information about a car was that it was believed to be a Pontiac TransAm/Firebird.

At that time (1992), I thought that there might be a connection with Kimberly's disappearance and an individual who was then living in Maryland, but who had been living in Maine in 1986 at the time Kimberly went missing. He drove a Chevrolet Camaro IrocZ. I believe that he subsequently moved back up to Maine, and that he had family there.

I had passed this information on to LE in Maine, but never heard if they were able to make any connections.

Has anyone ever posted about the article below? Found it while digging around for another case. Apologies if it is repeat info. The victim would have been 40 in 2009 (year this article was written), and it states the offenders age as 43. Could this be "Mike Staples"?

The Salt Lake Tribune
Published June 10, 2009 6:03 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2009, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A registered sex offender is accused of fondling a child at a community pool in Holladay.

Prosecutors on Wednesday charged Michael Ted Staples, 43, with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child -- felonies punishable by up to life in prison. Court documents claim on May 22, Staples fondled a 9-year-old girl at the Holladay Lions Fitness and Recreation Center.

A warrant has been issued for Staples' arrest but he was not in the Salt Lake County jail as of Wednesday evening. Staples was convicted in 1999 of three misdemeanor counts of lewdness with a child and remains on the state's sex offender registry.

Nate Carlisle

Attachments

• 101100_michaeltedstaples.jpg
    101100_michaeltedstaples.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 70
The suspect CT has a FB page. There is also a page for BE but I think its his son looks to young (the last person to see Kim in the article and possibly the one with the car).

Edit-errie, he commented on one of his posts on his fb sometime ago that he made a tour of Jay/Livermore Falls a few days before and was suprised at how it had changed .It seems that he was responding to some guy who responded to one of CT's posts where he his friend said he was "whinning" about the weather. Wonder what he was doing in Jay?

Has anyone ever posted about the article below? Found it while digging around for another case. Apologies if it is repeat info. The victim would have been 40 in 2009 (year this article was written), and it states the offenders age as 43. Could this be "Mike Staples"?

The Salt Lake Tribune
Published June 10, 2009 6:03 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2009, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A registered sex offender is accused of fondling a child at a community pool in Holladay.

Prosecutors on Wednesday charged Michael Ted Staples, 43, with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child -- felonies punishable by up to life in prison. Court documents claim on May 22, Staples fondled a 9-year-old girl at the Holladay Lions Fitness and Recreation Center.

A warrant has been issued for Staples' arrest but he was not in the Salt Lake County jail as of Wednesday evening. Staples was convicted in 1999 of three misdemeanor counts of lewdness with a child and remains on the state's sex offender registry.

Nate Carlisle

Not him, he's only 42 and still in Livermore area according to intellus and his fb page.

Hi ya'll,
I was asked to take a look at this case by another member. I was busy drawing up search grids using:
Sumner (to the West)
Leeds (to the East)
Jay (to the North)
and Poland (to the South)
when it caught my eye that Elan is in Poland Spring.

My mind jumped immediately to thoughts of Martha Moxley and the Michael Skakel/Kranick connection... who allegedly had a falling out in '86 for 'personal reasons.'

Has anyone looked into this? TIA for any info anyone has on this...

Also perplexed a bit by this:
http://www.sunjournal.com/node/583486

...and after looking up State vs Tidswell (1986) and (1990) am even more perplexed. So he is 52 now, is that correct?

<Tidswell has always been a suspect," said Barry Romano, a friend of the Moreau family. "He's kind of a control freak. I have a teacher friend who knew him back in junior high school and he'd say things like f--- you right to this guy's face. Back then you could put your hands on a kid, so he picked him up right by the hair and dragged him off. The parents would just say, 'Yeah, he's been doing that a lot lately.' I think the parents were scared of him."

During the 1980s, Tidswell, now 45, owned an arcade in Livermore Falls next to the police station. High school students flocked to him.>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back