Criminal Murder Case Docket Updated!

Events & Orders of the Court
01/14/2010---Correspondence---RECD FROM JD

Trial Date Expected In Casey Anthony Case
Status Hearing Slated For Thursday
POSTED: 10:54 am EST January 18, 2010
UPDATED: 11:10 am EST January 18, 2010
<snipped>
A date may be set by the end of the week for the murder trial of Casey Anthony.

Prosecutors and Anthony's defense team will go before Judge Stan Strickland on Thursday for a status hearing.

First Criminal Trial Slated To Begin
Casey Anthony will face her first criminal trial on Jan. 25 on 13 felony fraud counts.

Images of the spending spree were captured on surveillance cameras at area Target stores and local banks.

Anthony's friend, Amy Huizenga, said her checking account was drained of about $700 without her permission.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/22264076/detail.html

UPDATED: Casey Anthony&#8217;s Check Fraud Trial Delayed
Monday, January 18, 2010 2:15:29 PM
<snipped>
Casey Anthony&#8217;s check fraud trial was supposed to start Jan. 25.

There are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue.

Sources also told News 13 certain depositions still haven't been taken.

Those same sources said a court hearing connected to Anthony's murder case scheduled for this week also will not take place.

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/18/casey_anthonys_check_fraud_case_delayed.html

Casey Anthony: Check-fraud trial delayed, Central Florida News 13 reports
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, Orlando &#8212; posted by halboedeker on January, 18 2010 1:42 PM
<snipped>
Jan. 25 was the date that Casey Anthony&#8217;s check-fraud trial was supposed to start.

Yet Central Florida News 13 on its Web site says it has learned &#8220;the trial isn&#8217;t going to happen&#8221; and headlines the the trial has been delayed. The station didn&#8217;t cite sources for the information.

On the air, Central Florida News 13 anchor Adam Longo said the station had learned the check-fraud trial has been delayed because certain motions, such as a change of venue, haven&#8217;t been heard. Anthony faces charges of stealing checks from a friend.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-delayed-central-florida-news-13-reports.html

UPDATED: Casey Anthony fraud case: Trial next week likely will be delayed
3:25 p.m. EST, January 18, 2010
<snipped>
Casey Anthony's fraud case set for trial next week will likely be delayed. There's a slew of motions that haven't been addressed by the court.

Casey Anthony's fraud case set for trial next week will likely be delayed.

There's a slew of motions that haven't been addressed by the court, such as whether the defense can get a change of venue due to the media coverage. And, the defense has not interviewed the victim, Amy Huizenga, under oath yet.

Prosecutors and Anthony's defense team will appear at a pre-trial hearing Thursday to address some of these issues.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has not officially delayed the trial, which is scheduled to begin on Monday.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-hearing-delayed-20100118,0,4803524.story

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing Delayed
Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010
Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010
<snipped>
This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony&#8217;s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.

In this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case goes to trial.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

Casey Anthony: What&#8217;s happening next? Good question
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, Orlando Sentinel, WESH, WFTV &#8212; posted by halboedeker on January, 18 2010 5:33 PM
<snipped>
WFTV-Channel 9 reported that a status hearing in her murder trial had been delayed to Monday. That is the day her check-fraud trial is supposed to start.

We should learn more tomorrow. The court and the State Attorney&#8217;s Office are closed today for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...uestion.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium

Casey Anthony: Check-fraud trial won&#8217;t start Monday
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV &#8212; posted by halboedeker on January, 19 2010 12:16 PM
<snipped>
&#8220;The State vs. Casey Anthony check fraud trial originally scheduled to begin on Monday, January 25th will not go as planned. However, a status hearing on the check fraud case will be held on the 25th at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

&#8220;It is also likely that at least two motions in the murder case will be heard the afternoon of the 25th. Once a docket is set, I will send you information on which motions will be heard.&#8221;

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...hony-check-fraud-trial-wont-start-monday.html

UPDATED: Source: Plea Deal Likely In Anthony Fraud Case
Neither Side Will Confirm Deal Has Been Made
POSTED: 10:54 am EST January 18, 2010
UPDATED: 6:09 pm EST January 19, 2010
<snipped>
Some sources close to the investigation said they suspect a plea deal has been struck in Casey Anthony's check fraud case.

A source close to the investigation said they expect Anthony to take responsibility for at least one of the 13 felony fraud counts against her. That will clear the way for both sides to concentrate on much work still to be done before her first-degree murder trial.

The defense team has not asked for more time on the fraud trial, and court administrators confirm the trial will not go on as scheduled on Monday.

Sources said that is a clear sign that a plea deal has been struck.

In a hearing scheduled for Monday, Anthony is expected to change her plea in the check fraud case. A couple of motions from the murder trial are also expected to be heard.

Officially, neither side will confirm that there is a plea deal in the fraud case. And one source said, "Nothing is etched in stone until the judge accepts it."

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/22264076/detail.html

Check Fraud Trial Postponed In Casey Case
Posted: 12:27 pm EST January 19, 2010
Updated: 12:41 pm EST January 19, 2010
<snipped>
The check fraud trial for Casey Anthony is officially not happening Monday as scheduled. The defense had asked for a change of venue for the check fraud trial and it's likely that issue will be heard Monday during a status hearing scheduled for 1:30pm.

According to the Court, it is also likely that at least two motions in the murder case will be heard on January 25. A status hearing on the murder trial is also scheduled to be heard.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22273308/detail.html

Anthony Check Fraud Trial Delayed
POSTED: Tuesday, January 19, 2010
UPDATED: 1:14 pm EST January 19, 2010
<snipped>
The trial was scheduled to begin Monday, Jan. 25, but the Orange County Courthouse said the trial will not go on as planned. A hearing in the case will still be held the same day at 1:30 p.m.

The court said it is likely that two hearings in the murder case against Anthony will also be heard the same afternoon by Judge Stan Strickland.

The specific motions that will be heard have not been named.

Article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22273437/detail.html

Casey Anthony&#8217;s check fraud trial postponed
Updated: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 3:30 PM EST
<snipped>
Casey Anthony will not go on trial next week for check fraud charges as was planned.

The State vs. Casey Anthony check fraud trial was originally scheduled to begin on Monday but instead a hearing status on the case will be heard before Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

In addition to the status hearing on check fraud trial, the State Attorney&#8217;s Office says two motions filed in the murder case will be heard in court Monday.

Article:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/011910-anthony-check-fraud-postponed

UPDATED: EXCLUSIVE: Casey To Be Offered Deal In Fraud Case
Posted: 4:47 pm EST January 19, 2010
Updated: 10:25 am EST January 20, 2010
<snipped>
A plea deal in the check fraud case certainly could explain why the defense has not yet deposed the alleged victim, Amy Huizenga, and it explains why the judge is not demanding that the trial start first thing Monday morning. He was adamant about the case going on January 25, no matter what, and even mentioned a plea as a possibility in court during one of the last hearings.

&#8220;Would you be surprised if all of the terms were not hammered out before that?&#8221; WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked legal analyst Bill Sheaffer (full interview).

&#8220;Absolutely. The defense in this case is not going to enter a plea to these charges without knowing what the situation is regarding adjudication of guilt,&#8221; he said. &#8220;There is some strong indication to me, from my experience, that a plea to these charges, if in fact there's an adjudication, may be an indication that the murder case may not go to trial."

Sheaffer says that's because the judge's ruling on whether to adjudicate or convict Casey of a crime, or withhold adjudication, would directly affect the defense's decision as to whether Casey would take the stand in her murder trial. If she were to have a conviction on her record, prosecutors could ask her about it and it would immediately affect her credibility in the eyes of the jurors.

&#8220;If this deal does not include a &#8216;withhold of adjudication,&#8217; a decision has to have been made that we're not gonna put her on the witness stand,&#8221; Sheaffer said. &#8220;It is very early to start cutting yourself off as to how you're going to defend the murder case.&#8221;

Sheaffer says, if the defense has already decided Casey won't testify at her murder trial before it's even been scheduled, it could mean there's a possibility of a plea in the murder case, too.

A hearing in Casey&#8217;s check fraud case is expected to be held Monday afternoon. That's where Casey will likely plead. Two motions in the murder case are also expected to be heard during that hearing on January 25. The murder trial is supposed to start this year, but no date has been set yet.

*Much more info at link!

VIDEO REPORT: Plea Deal Expected In Casey Anthony Check Fraud Case
http://www.wftv.com/video/22276543/index.html

BILL SHEAFFER: Legal Expert On Expected Casey Plea Deal
WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer talks about the expected plea deal in the Casey Anthony check fraud case.
http://www.wftv.com/video/22281962/index.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22275948/detail.html

Casey Anthony will accept plea deal in check-fraud case, WFTV reports
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV &#8212; posted by halboedeker on January, 19 2010 5:21 PM
<snipped>
Casey Anthony will accept some responsibility for cleaning out a friend&#8217;s bank account, WFTV-Channel 9&#8217;s Kathi Belich reported this evening.

And what might that mean at the murder trial? &#8220;If this deal does not include a withholding of adjudication, a decision has to have been made that we&#8217;re not going to put her on the witness stand,&#8221; Sheaffer added.

What were the two sides telling Belich? Defense attorney Andrea Lyon said there would be no comment about why the defense team hadn&#8217;t deposed Huizenga. The State Attorney&#8217;s Office said that any discussions about the case would happen in court.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ea-deal-in-check-fraud-case-wftv-reports.html

*Thanks Muzikman! I missed this when you started the thread for discussion!

*Underlined=Sub-Headlines

DR. LILLIAN GLASS BODY LANGUAGE BOMBSHELL!!Casey Anthony Attorney Andrea Lyons Shows Fear Casey Will Be Sentenced to Death and May Believe&#8220; Casey Killed Her Kid.&#8221;
Saturday, January 9th, 2010 at 7:13 am
<snipped>
Watching Casey Anthony&#8217;s attorney, Andrea Lyons&#8217; body language and listening to her vocal tones, gives further credence &#8220;the body doesn&#8217;t lie and neither does the voice!&#8221;

Both her body language and her vocal tones are quite telling, as you will clearly see in this blog entry.I am going to show something about Andrea Lyon&#8217;s body language during her Today Show interview which may prove harmful to the defense.

USING HER 15 MINUTES OF FAME TO PLUG HER BOOK

ANDREA REVEALS HER FEAR OF LOSING THE CASE DURING MEREDITH&#8217;S INTITIAL QUESTION

ANDREA PLAYING THE &#8221; WE CAN&#8217;T GET A FAIR TRIAL &#8221; VICTIM CARD

ANDREA&#8217;S FRIGHTENED TO DEATH CASEY WILL BE PUT TO DEATH

Whenever you see a person&#8217;s chest heaving as they speak, where their shoulders raise, know that this is a sign that someone is really nervous and really scared.

After looking at her body language, Andrea looked very scared about the case. I believe there is no doubt in her mind that she may feel that she may have already lost the case before it is tried.

SALEM WITCH TRIALS???

ANDREA SHOWS FEAR

HERE IS THE BOMBSHELL!!!!!!!NOW THE TRUTH IS REVEALED!!!!!!!!!!

SIGNALS OF DECEPTION

DAMAGING TO THE DEFENSE!

ARE YOU COMPLETELY SURE?

ANOTHER RED FLAG!

CONFIDENT BODY LANGUAGE AND VOCAL TONE WHEN PROMOTING HER BOOKWhen she speaks of her book, Andrea is fluid, and articulate. Her throat muscles are open when she speaks, creating a rich and resonant tone. She has excellent eye contact with Meredith and her body language was relaxed.

It is in stark contrast to what we have seen in the first part of the interview when she discussed Casey Anthony. Her head is direct and she looks directly at Meredith, unlike she did earlier in the broadcast.

BOTTOM LINE!
The bottom line in my opinion is that Andrea is scared she will lose a case for the very first time in her professional career. She is also afraid that her client may die with a lethal injection pumped through her system. And finally, even though she is doing her best to defend Casey and saying all the right words and phrases, her body, her face, and her voice show the truth !

Article:
http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...ay-believe-that-&#8220;-casey-killed-her-kid/

*Underlined=Sub-Headlines

George Anthony&#8217;s Body Language, Voice, and Speech During His FOX Interview Says He&#8217;s Mr. Nice Guy Who&#8217;s a Blamer in Denial
Friday, January 8th, 2010 at 6:59 am
<snipped>
After George Anthony&#8217;s 25 minute video where he reached out to Fox 35 in Orlando to describe what his life was like over the past year living under a microscope, I came away with a lot of observations based on his body language, his voice tone and the content of what he actually said.

My first thought was, Why is George coming out now? Why is he doing this interview now, instead of doing it earlier or later? It is in my belief he did this now, in order to garner some public sympathy and to put a more human spin on his daughter Casey, as she goes through her first criminal trial in a few weeks. Perhaps his presence would sway some potential juror to not look at Casey as a Monster, but rather as a loving father&#8217;s daughter, which would make Casey seem like a more sympathetic character.

GEORGE AS THE VICTIM

GUILTING

THE BLAME GAME

GEORGE&#8217;S PART IN THE CASEY EQUATION

BLAMING THOSE WHO DON&#8217;T KNOW THE FACTS

BLAMING THE MEDIA

DOING SOMETHING FOR CASEY
When George said that he got his ears pierced for Casey, because she told him that his earlobes would look good pierced two years ago, I could see how much control Casey had over him.

What does a late conservative looking,50&#8217;s something man need with pierced ears? If he really wanted to do something for Casey and truly believed in her innocence, he would have done something for her like show up at the jail and tell her he loved her and leave.

He could kiss the glass partition or the TV Screen to show his love and leave. But he has been absent way too long.

So what if he is scrutinized! He needs to go there and show her his pierced ears and tell her that he supports her. He needs to show her the Caylee tattoo, which he spoke about so lovingly.

He says in the tape that he wants to go there more than anything. My response is GO! Show up! That would be doing something for her.

But what George really could have done for Casey was to give her a dose of Tough Love when she was out of control. Then she wouldn&#8217;t be behind bars today for possibly murdering his granddaughter.

WANTING TO APPEAR AS MR. NICE GUY

DEEP DOWN DOES GEORGE THINK HE HAS CELEBRITY STATUS?

9 OUT OF TEN PEOPLE SAYING NICE THINGS IS GREAT!

GEORGE IN DENIAL

Here where we really see George in denial. He says, &#8216; If things come about&#8221; for his daughter&#8221; people won&#8217;t think of&#8221; him.

Something tells me that the only thing that can come about for his daughter is life in prison or being sentenced to death.

George was clearly in denial when he heard the attorney speak graphically about what could have happened to Caylee at the hands of Casey. He said that he felt like asking him to stop because he &#8220; DIDN&#8217;T THINK IT WAS THE PROPER TIME OR PLACE.&#8221; Of course it was the proper time and proper place. It was in the courtroom for goodness sakes, not in someone&#8217;s living room.

LOVING AND TOUCHING TALK ABOUT CAYLEE

GEORGE FINDS A PURPOSE IN LIFE

LOVE AND LOYALTY

George is no doubt talking about Cindy&#8217;s brother not helping, as he discusses family loyalty and says that family should always be there no matter what.

He makes it a point to say to those who asks why he doesn&#8217;t abandon Casey or turn his back on her &#8220; THAT&#8217;S MY DAUGHTER I LOVE HER AND ALWAYS WILL.&#8221; I wonder if he will feel the same way as the trial progresses and he discovers that the daughter he loves forever may have smothered his granddaughter with duct tape.

It is clear that he is in denial at this point. I am not faulting him for it as he needs to do whatever he can do to get by. So if he is in denial at this point in time and it make his life easier, I say that&#8217;s fine.

But something just doesn&#8217;t sit right with me. I think that George is conflicted. On one hand, he does love the daughter he lived with before Caylee was killed. But I am not so sure he loves the daughter after Cayleee was killed.

The fact that he writes Casey and she doesn&#8217;t respond, speaks volumes to me. Forget about scrutiny. She can write about more superficial things like what she ate and how she is, and how she loves her parents. He can do the same. He doesn&#8217;t have to go into detail about the case.

So what if there are people scrutinizing and analyzing. His love for his daughter and expressing it should come before all of that. That is, unless he is really not feeling it for Casey, which I believe may be the case.

Actions speak louder than words as we all know. There is no action here! To me, that speaks a lot of words.

George is not a dumb man. He has been in law enforcement early in his life and you can&#8217;t be dumb being in law enforcement.Therefore, he knows exactly what is going on, but he is conflicted.

I think that not visiting Casey in jail it an excuse. Deep down he probably doesn&#8217;t want to even look at her knowing what she probably did to the love of his life- Caylee Marie Anthony.

george-anthony-tattoo1.png

Article:
http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...ys-he’s-mr-nice-guy-who’s-a-blamer-in-denial/

Murder Case Docket Updated!

Events & Orders of the Court
01/19/2010---Objection---Defendants Objection to Orange County's Opposition by letter to proposed Amended order on Defendants Motion for Protective Order

01/26/2010---Hearing ---(1:30 PM)---(Judicial Officer Adams, John H, SR)---motion to modify courts order
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Financial Information
01/20/2010---Transaction Assessment---6.00

01/20/2010---Counter Payment---Receipt # CR-2010-04150---Kathy Belich---(6.00)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Court Case Docket-This is what it still shows as of today!

Case Anthony Criminal Felony----Court Docket Updated!

01/21/2010---10:00 AM---(Murder Case)---Hearing---STATE OF FLORIDA VS. CASEY MARIE ANTHONY

01/25/2010---10:00 AM---(Check Farud)---Trial---STATE OF FLORIDA VS. CASEY MARIE ANTHONY---

01/26/2010---1:30 PM---(Murder Case)---Hearing---STATE OF FLORIDA VS. CASEY MARIE ANTHONY---Adams, John H, SR Room 6-D On The 6th Floor

Casey Anthony: What are terms of reported plea deal?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV &#8212; posted by halboedeker on January, 20 2010 11:12 AM
<snipped>
WFTV-Channel 9 yesterday reported that Casey Anthony has taken a plea deal in her check-fraud case. But today, the ABC affiliate noted that it didn&#8217;t know the terms of the deal.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ony-what-are-terms-of-reported-plea-deal.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels