Mega Millions Controversy

there are alot of bad luck associated with winning the lottery i think this woman is going to suffer that same misfortune for being so greedy and sharing with her co workers as she should have... there is alot of money and they all would be wealthy if she split it....shame on her for being so greedy!!

How many lawsuits have there been for people buying their lottery tickets in a pool? Buy your own darn tickets, people!
:floorlaugh:

The woman who claims to have the winning ticket really sounds like a truly "unusual person". She keeps changing her story. First, she had the winning ticket, then she said she hadn't checked her numbers yet, she hasn't produced the ticket but most likely has it and is wondering how to cash it in without having the money frozen in an account pending the outcome of a lawsuit.

I think she probably has the ticket and is holding it out of spite. I'm sure she will no longer work at the McDonalds where she was employed with other members of that lottery pool. She'd better find another job soon because even if she has that winning ticket, she won't be cashing it in anytime soon.

Stores that sell lotto tickets have surveillance cams that can help clear up who bought the ticket and when the tickets were bought and in what order. I just watched a great show (dateline, 20/20, something like that) that exposed all of the lotto frauds. Seems that STORE CLERKS (and their family members) who sell lotto tickets are the most winning group of any profession out there.

That's because they have a very common scam where someone brings in a ticket for the clerk to scan to see if it is a winner. The clerk scans it, sees it is a winner, lies to the customer and says it didnt win ( or switches it with a lesser winning ticket) and then pockets the ticket and claims it on his own.

But the lotto people have caught on and now ask big winners where they bought their tickets. The tv expose was great because it was a sting set up by the lotto corporations. They printed out fake winning tickets to a game that was never sold to the public and went undercover to ask clerks to scan the bait tickets (which were big winners) and they caught the clerks lying and then later trying to collect the money on the ticket saying that they "found it".

It was pretty interesting and great to see these thieves getting caught red handed.

Here's more;

Westport woman says Mega Millions jackpot belongs to her
No ticket produced; officials say no winner yet

A woman who lives in Baltimore's Westport neighborhood believes she is one of three winners of the world-record Mega Millions jackpot.

Merlande Wilson is an immigrant from Haiti, and a mother of seven children. She says she and her co-workers went in on a group of tickets, which she bought.

But she says the winning ticket was purchased specifically for her, separately, by another co-worker...

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/re...ckpot-belongs-to-her?hpt=us_bn5#ixzz1r6qJEab7

Here's a more recent article; http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/re...millions-lottery-winner-holds-news-conference

I think Swampmama may have hit the nail on the head here.

Five Albuquerque Station Eight firefighters who won a $10,000 share of the Mega Millions jackpot last week have decided to donate an unspecified part of their winnings to fellow fireman Vince Cordova, who is suffering from a life-threatening tumor.

"We decided to get tickets ten minutes before the sales closed," said Capt. Jed Hyland told local news affiliate KOB. "I ran in shouting that we hit 5 of the 6 numbers."

(snip)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...winnings-ailing-fellow-fireman-183135668.html

Kudos to these firefighters!!!

And there you have it....that is the kind of karma I would rather put back into the universe. ;)

She has made a claim she hid that ticket in the McDonalds. I suspect that restaurant is going to be turned upside down by people looking for it. And I am not sure it actually exists.

I've watched her attorney's statement three times now and can't help wondering if she truly understood what he was saying? :floorlaugh: Or maybe he was the only one who would represent her on a contingency basis? In any case, he didn't even sound like he was buying his own client's story!

Lottery commission is going to make an announcement soon. I'd bet lawyers are lining up. She says she doesn't have the ticket Ha...how'd she know she won?

Gotta claim that ticket to win honey, how you gonna do that? On second thought, I was driving through Maryland too and bought a ticket but I hid it in Ft. Detrick Army base. I know I won though...

:lol:

This woman is a whackadoodle!!!!

Part of me hopes that the real winner from this state is paying her to do all of this in order to make sure the media doesn't catch on to him/her. I really do not want to believe there is THIS unusual of a person out there living among us. :bang:

My son says he wants to fly out there and start searching that MCDonalds himself. I wonder how many other people are thinking the same thing. It must be chaos in that place. lol

The coworkers have said that she didn't return to the McDonald's after she bought the tickets and hasn't been there since so it is highly unlikely that the ticket is there. It is just more of her backpedaling and trying to confuse the situation.
Maybe she wants to claim that the ticket was lost or stolen but that wont help her either. The lottery commission should have video footage of who bought the ticket, as well as the sequence the tickets were bought in.

True, they might have her on video buying it. But my understand from the quick presser with the lottery official today was that nothing matters but the ticket itself. They NEED to have the original ticket in hand to get the cash.

I think she might just be delusional.

As for the chances that the person with the real ticket just threw it away because they thought the winners had all come forward? That doesn't make sense to me at all. I knew they all came forward, but I still took our little batch of quick-pix to the corner market to see if we won something. We won 22 bucks, big deal. But why throw away a ticket without at least checking it first?

How many lawsuits have there been for people buying their lottery tickets in a pool? Buy your own darn tickets, people!

Yes, but many of the wins have been via a pool because it increases your chances. If done right, it can be a good idea (although we all have a much better chance of getting hit by lightning!)

I agree with katydid? or whoever said this woman may be delusional. She may be crazy and the real lotto winner from Maryland is seeing lawyers and quietly getting their ducks in a row to claim the ticket.

Either that or she is trying to pretend she doesn't have the ticket so her co-workers will leave her alone - which is not going to happen.

I have played the lotto only a few times in my life. I would play it more often if more of the money we spend really, actually went to the schools as it is supposed to do.

Since MD lets winners claim anonymously, whats to say she doesn't just drop out of sight for a while then claim anonymously. If all the group tickets are photocopied as she said then it is just the others word that he gave her the money to buy more. I don't know who I believe here. Maybe she bought some extra and of course was beyond overjoyed to win. And I can see that any coworker is going to be pissed at this and try to claim any ticket she had was a group one. I don't know. I wish her and them all the best and I hope the truth is revealed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57410358/mega-millions-winners-still-a-mystery/

One week after a record-breaking $656 million jackpot, no one has come forth to claim the prize - unless you count the woman who says she won, but has not offered any proof.
LOL

Yes, NOW she says she LOSSTTT the ticket. She has a ticket worth over a hundred million bucks and she misplaces it. Sure thing. LOL I would have it stapled to the inside of my bra until I made it to the Lottery Office.

I've watched her attorney's statement three times now and can't help wondering if she truly understood what he was saying? :floorlaugh: Or maybe he was the only one who would represent her on a contingency basis? In any case, he didn't even sound like he was buying his own client's story!

I'm wondering if she's going to have someone else turn in the ticket and say she was mistaken, she didn't have the winner after all and this way she wouldn't have to share.

I'm wondering if she's going to have someone else turn in the ticket and say she was mistaken, she didn't have the winner after all and this way she wouldn't have to share.

I wondered the same thing. But she better choose that 'friend' carefully. Once she gives them that ticket and lets them go cash it in ---then what? :what:

They can just say ' whatever..." LOL

I avoid all controversy and hurt feelings by ONLY buying losing tickets

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?