Melissa Huckaby pleads guilty to killing Sandra

mh's apology in court. Weird. She's also sentenced. This case is closed but it still skeeves me out so much.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6583909n"]Sandra Cantu's Killer Gets Life Sentence - CBS News Video[/ame]

Here's different video. There's one on GMA that's different as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/14/huckaby.sentenced/index.html?eref=rss_us&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_us+%28RSS%3A+U.S.%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

This gives some of the horrible details of how she died:
http://family./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978301515&grpId=3659174697238710

mh is one sick pig.

The weight gain is probably psych meds - lots of them cause you to gain weight and/or increased appetite.

I think the denial of the assault is the simple fact she knows child molesters do not do well in prison. Injuries to the genitals almost never occur by accident except in straddle injuries.

I don't like to say this, but my gut feeling is she was drugged so Huckaby could have her way with her, and she then strangled her while on some kind of sexual high.

Hello WS :)

I need some help in understanding what MH is, I had gotten used to the idea that people who murder must be a sociopath. You know, no feeling, or empathy or remorse, etc.

But, I saw the footage of MH and I am wondering if she fits any of the "definitions" of a sociopath? Is she really sorry at all while she is crying and saying she is sorry? I was shocked that she could "relate" to Sandra's mother: MH said it would be hard for her to forgive someone who hurt her daughter.(paraphrased)

Just wondering what everyone thinks is going on here with MH. I do not need the "details" of what happened to Sandra(bless her family and whatever decision is made regarding the autopsy, I don't know what is right in that matter), but I feel a need to understand MH.

She just does not come across as "cold" as those such as Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony and JVS, ya know?

Sandra Cantu caught my attention from the minute this story broke. Her spirit was so amazing, and it came through in the video and pictures of her: I wanted to say to Sandra, I am so sorry about what happened to you. I am so sorry for her family. Blessings to them.

:twocents:

Just the little bit that that article talks about from the grand jury transcript is fascinating!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100619/ap_on_re_us/us_girl_in_suitcase

Dr. Bennet Omalu, the forensic pathologist who conducted the autopsy, testified that Sandra's killer showed a "calm, calculating mind at work."

The way the body of 8-year-old victim was placed in the suitcase after the killing showed the work was likely premeditated, Omalu said during the July 2009 hearings. He testified that Sandra suffered mightily before she died of suffocation and was undoubtedly sexually assaulted.

"This was not something heat of the moment," Omalu said.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_15330332?source=most_viewed

Bennet Omalu, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy on Sandra, found — based on lacerations to her lower lip — that she was smothered to death.

There was evidence of rubbing alcohol in her body; investigators found a half-empty bottle of rubbing alcohol in the church. Lab tests found traces of Alprazolam, or Xanax, the anti-anxiety drug that Huckaby was prescribed and allegedly fed Plowman and another Tracy girl.

Later, an FBI lab detected Sandra's DNA on a metal rolling pin found in a kitchen drawer at the church.

At her sentencing, Huckaby said she acted alone, and claimed Sandra did not suffer. She said she did not sexually molest the girl.

But Omalu described a painful sexual assault.

He said what struck him was the "meticulous nature" of the crime.

Sandra was redressed neatly, with her black leggings folded tidily at her lower thigh. Her plastic Hannah Montana sandals were placed at the bottom of the suitcase, and her body folded in a "perfect fetal position" inside the case, Omalu testified.

"This was not something heat of the moment. This was a very calm, calculating mind at work."

That pointed to a woman, he said.

"A guy's not going to even dress her, is he?" prosecutor Thomas Testa asked.

"No, no," Omalu replied. (He'd) dump her."

Pages 1-10 of PDF Grand Jury is Testa making sure the Grand Jury seated has been asked the proper questions about their being able to serve (standard questions seen in most Grand Jury beginnings IMHO).

Page 11: Testa outlines the other minor child that was allegedly drugged by Huckaby.

Page 11-12: Testa outlines also DP (adult male) who was also allegedly drugged by Huckaby. (Both of the above were found to have benzodiazepine in their blood).

page 13-24 : outlines Sandra's movements through the Trailer Park and MH's movements on the day SC disappeared. Testa identifies the foreign object used to penetrate Sandra: BE ADVISED, IT MIGHT BE UPSETTING. (pg;22-23) Testa's presentation of circumstantial evidence presented in above pages.

Page 25 - page 34: First witness FK (Tracy Police Department,supervisor of the Crime Scene Investigations Unit and also the Property and Evidence Unit. Good read explains video cameras (2) within Mobile Home Park.

Page 35: Witness KH (Detective Division Tracy Police Department) one of the LE that retrieved black suitcase from pond. Page 40-46 describes what suitcase looked like when found and other particulars about the discovery.

Page 47 - 67: Search of the church same witness. Date of search April 10th. Describes search of Kitchen where item used to penetrate was found. Good descriptions of pond, area of pond.

Page 67 - 85: Witness RC. She saw MH the night SC went missing. She actually gives details of seeing MH while the search for Sandra was going on and media hadn't announced her disappearance as of yet. Puts first sighting of MH at church at 10:20 or 10:30 (approx. times) and second sighting (not directly of MH but of her car still in the church parking lot at midnight) Good eye witness.

Will post more later, my heart is heavy for Sandra.

How dare she say that Sandra didn't suffer! Makes me sick.

Page 93-112 : JZV (FBI, Supervisor and intelligence analyst) Explains how the cell phone of C. Lawless was forensically examined. Very interesting. MH texted her at 10:37 the night Sandra went missing. Lot's of texts actually during the whole 10 day period. (Forensic program used called Cellebrite).

Pages 113 - 133 : Witness DB, (crime scene technician, TPD) Discusses evidence photographed at taken at Church. Also states contents of MH's purse contained (within purse) the drug Alprazolam. MH obviously made notes to herself about crime (piece of paper found in her purse and she wrote down LPadilla's name too.

Page 135 - 201: Witness RB. (unsure of job, processed video tape from 3 cameras. 1. AM-PM camera. 2. Best Western Camera 3. Mobile Home park. He put together a timeline for MH's vehicle movement. (I'm still reading).

Very interesting testimony. Am I reading this correctly? MH had parked her car across from SC's MH. South of the clubhouse (where extra parking can be found) and went to retrieve her car and drive back down Cherry Lane towards her home also see Sandra moving south on Cherry at same time. This happened at 3:42 p.m? Then at at 3:54 you see a still shot from the camera that caught Sandra skipping along. Something catches Sandra's eye (we've all seen it) and she is actually looking at lot 57 (more than likely) at the Lawless home where Huckaby resides. At 4:02 Huckaby's vehicle is caught on tape leaving mobile home park. (my interpretations in blue)

March 27th , 2009 @ 3:42 p.m. Huckaby seen walking towards her car parked in the overflow parking spaces located near the clubhouse (car facing basketball courts). Enters her vehicle on drivers side (testimony inside car less than one minute not timed by witness at that time). Backs out of parking space and proceeds to travel South on Cherry Ln. towards the direction of her home (Lawless MH lot number 57).

Different camera view we see Sandra skipping along same date time: 3:54. She skips past her home toward Lawless home Southbound on Cherry. She is seen for approx. 20 seconds on video and then never seen alive again.

We have all seen the video of Sandra and noticed what the LE notices that Sandra appears to see something past her own home (lot 63) that draws her attention. Her attention is drawn towards where the Lawless home is located at lot 57. Sandra is playmates with MH's daughter. (GJ testimony). It is unknown if she knew any of the other children located within the park on that street. GJ testimony reveals that MH's daughter is the only playmate of Sandra home on that day at the time.

At 4:02 PM (same date) video footage shows MH's vehicle westbound on Orchard exits northbound out of Mobile Home Park turns left and is westbound on to Clover Road (in the direction of the church). Clover Rd is a dead end that has the Church and residents.

(I am confused by the discussion of her movements within that short time frame and how it relates to video coverage obtained, sorry). FWIW, she made odd movements within the mobile home park ,I'm thinking? Not sure. Someone else can decipher.

MH's vehicle is seen by video from the"Best Western footage at about 5:27 p.m., and you see it coming eastbound on Clover Road past the Best Western from a westerly position." She is moving East towards Tracy Blvd, testimony says towards the pond area. Away from the Church area.

At 5:27 and 44 seconds MH vehicle picked up moving in same direction on Clover by AM-PM video camera.

Later on MH is seen again travelling from opposite direction (from Tracy Blvd and general area of ponds, past AM-FM and the Best Western returning to the church. First time seen by those two cameras traveling into the direction of the ponds at 5:27 PM. Seen coming from the direction of ponds towards church at 5:56 PM. Ponds are testified as being between 2 to 3 miles from where she was last picked up on video.

MH is seen entering the Mobile Home park at approx. 7:10 she enters from the direction of the Church and travels towards her home (south) on Cherry. MH parks her car once again across from Sandra's home where the overflow parking is located.

Marine Eye Witness gave statements to LE that he saw a woman matching MH's description and car description at ponds area. He gave times as 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Marine also had his own receipts that helped to further pin down the time frame he gave as seeing her.

End of transcribing MH's movements for part one of eight part PDF file of Grand Jury.

I just finished reading the grand jury testimony of Dr. Omalu. It is extremely difficult reading and it was clear it was a difficult case for him.

For Huckaby to make the statements she made to the family defies belief. It is very difficult not to imagine a number of revenge scenarios-and I now completely and utterly understand why the finaly autopsy results will not be released.

I do not know how you survive knowing how your baby suffered in her last moments...my heart goes out to her family.

I just finished reading the grand jury testimony of Dr. Omalu. It is extremely difficult reading and it was clear it was a difficult case for him.

For Huckaby to make the statements she made to the family defies belief. It is very difficult not to imagine a number of revenge scenarios-and I now completely and utterly understand why the finaly autopsy results will not be released.

I do not know how you survive knowing how your baby suffered in her last moments...my heart goes out to her family.

Me too Believe09. I can't hardly bear to read his testimony. Bless her family and may they never know the finer details. :cry:

Rest in Peace Sandra.

I hope that someday soon we will read that MH is tortured in jail and lives to tell what
HE(( on earth really feels like!!

I cannot even imagine how Sandras Mom can function on a daily basis,I know I couldnt!

How can that animal ask for forgiveness when shes possessed with such evil.

sandra honey I am so, so sorry.

I guess if you could live through it I can manage to learn about it and suffer with you but how I hoped you did not suffer.

why am I always devastated to learn they suffered...shouldnt it be old news to me by now...

I, personally, do not believe that Huckaby should have the luxury of being able to deny to herself or others the nature of this crime and the motivation. She should have had to spit out her motive and acknowledge the nature of her crime in order to obtain the plea deal. Not the details, but the nature.

IMVHO, her daughter would have been a victim at some point of this woman, and in the same manner as Sandra. The term evil applies just as much to Huckaby as it does to any sadistic cold blooded killer I have ever read about.

And just to say one more thing-did anyone else catch the parts of Dr. Omalu's testimony where he talks about carrying Sandra for a moment after he took her out of the suitcase and before he put her on the other gurney? It comes out in two parts...how he talks about easily carrying her around the room...and I bet the sadness and outrage was evident in his voice when he kept "coaching" the prosecutor on how adult perps deny their crimes against children by calling them "accidents."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back