Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WF.

ST recounts that when police arrived at their home,
the Pughs were more than cooperative
The hubsband iirc, fetching notepad similar to the rn paper, given to them by the Ramseys, and rope from their home.
ST describes how LHP shook uncontrollably, under the misbeleif that JBR had been beheaded.

If she went to pick up the $2000 "loan" on the evening of the 25th., (why wait?) Joni may have found her where she didn't belong.

Of all the named suspects in this case, she is one of the very few who knew where this room was. She recalled seeing the cord, the murder weapon, tied around a package quite clearly, too.

She knew the insides and outsides of the structure and knew the alarm wasn't armed.

She was named by the Rs, not by LE. She was cleared pretty quickly I think. As far as when she would have picked up the loan- she was scheduled to come to the home right after the Rs left for their trip, either the 26th or 27th. Patsy was planning to leave the check for her before she left. There was no reason for her to come, unannounced, to the home on Christmas night, with the family asleep. And quite frankly, it would have been odd for her to have done so. No one, even with a key and even a trusted employee, lets themselves into someone's home unannounced and in secret when the people are home (unless they want to be shot, fired or arrested- or all three). If kidnapping were somehow to have been on LHP's agenda, there would presumably be a better opportunity, with no parents around, for her to do so than Christmas night with the entire family home.

She was named by the Rs, not by LE. She was cleared pretty quickly I think. As far as when she would have picked up the loan- she was scheduled to come to the home right after the Rs left for their trip, either the 26th or 27th. Patsy was planning to leave the check for her before she left. There was no reason for her to come, unannounced, to the home on Christmas night, with the family asleep. And quite frankly, it would have been odd for her to have done so. No one, even with a key and even a trusted employee, lets themselves into someone's home unannounced and in secret when the people are home (unless they want to be shot, fired or arrested- or all three). If kidnapping were somehow to have been on LHP's agenda, there would presumably be a better opportunity, with no parents around, for her to do so than Christmas night with the entire family home.

I find it strangely disquieting that LHP asked for a $2000 loan on Dec. 24 because she had a fight with her sister. That's alot of money. That's a weird time, the day before Christmas. She'd just gotten a $300 gift 2 months earlier. She could slip in and out of the kitchen pretty quickly. I expect she had a pretty good idea whether the Rs would be able to hear her. She had no other sources who could loan her $2000? She knew the Rs were headed out of town in 2 days. She discovered just 1 day before Christmas that she needed that much money? For what? Was her "fight" confirmed? Pat would be returning soon. Was she desperate?

How would you feel calling your employer/ friend? Christmas eve day to ask for a loan of two thousand dollars? Doesn't sit well with me. Doesn't have the ring of truth to it, to me. Frankly, I would struggle to ask my best friend for a 2 grand loan, anytime.

Again, Pat said she would leave it for her on the 26th. LHP knew they planned to leave early that morning. She knew the house, had a key, knew where the money was supposed to be placed, knew where the "room" was, knew what the cord looked like and where it was, knew the layout of the house, knew where she herself put the Swiss army knife, (Kind of inappropriate for her to hide it, I think. It wasn't hers, after all.) And, would you then tell your boss, his mother, that you had confiscated the child's knife when the mother herself decided against taking it away? Whether right or wrong, he is not your child. Plus, taking it away implies to the mom that she didn't agree with her mothering style, at least in this case. She admits finding Pat, just recently, extremely upset because J accused her of being a lousy housekeeper and cook. Also, she referred to Joni as a brat and mentions how Joni told her to get lost a couple times, "I'll get the door, not you." or something like that.

The allegations she put in writing about Pat's personal life in the first chapter of the book that won't get published, or so it seems, are filthy and utterly disgusting. Tells me something ain't right, at all.

Is it too late to polygraph her SD? Is it out of the question?

Wow WF, you've really run with this LHP thing haven't you? I've been trying to get someone (anyone) to take this seriously most of the time I've been on this forum, but I just get fobbed off with the 'she was investigated and cleared' or she wasn't 'smart' enough. There are a couple of things about what you have said that I'd like to comment on.

She'd just gotten a $300 gift 2 months earlier
I think you'll find that this was the previous year not the October of '96.

I find it strangely disquieting that LHP asked for a $2000 loan on Dec. 24 because she had a fight with her sister. That's alot of money. That's a weird time, the day before Christmas.
Now you mention it..... You've got to wonder if she was waiting for PR to give her another "Christmas Bonus" and when it wasn't forthcoming, she out and out asked her for the dough.

She had no other sources who could loan her $2000? She knew the Rs were headed out of town in 2 days. She discovered just 1 day before Christmas that she needed that much money? For what? Was her "fight" confirmed? Pat would be returning soon. Was she desperate?

Maybe she overspent on Christmas presents, expecting another bonus? But you make a good point about the 'reason' being investigated. Do you REALLY think the BPD would have looked into it? Nah, they were too busy working out how to lynch the Rs. Anyway, it'd be simple to word up her sister to back her up after JBR's killing.

How would you feel calling your employer/ friend? Christmas eve day to ask for a loan of two thousand dollars? Doesn't sit well with me. Doesn't have the ring of truth to it, to me. Frankly, I would struggle to ask my best friend for a 2 grand loan, anytime.

You'd probably be surprised how often this happens. Most people call it "an advance on my wages" rather than a loan. What you say is right though, the fact that she had the affront to ask PR for it speaks volumes I think, especially as at $50 per week repayment it would take her the best part of a year to repay it as it was a little under 25% of her weekly wage.

She could slip in and out of the kitchen pretty quickly. I expect she had a pretty good idea whether the Rs would be able to hear her.
Again, Pat said she would leave it for her on the 26th. LHP knew they planned to leave early that morning. She knew the house, had a key, knew where the money was supposed to be placed, knew where the "room" was,
Yes to all the above.

knew what the cord looked like and where it was
No, I'll stop you here. The cord wasn't sourced to the house. The only way LHP would have known about it is if she was the one to buy it and remember, the killer took it with him.

knew where she herself put the Swiss army knife, (Kind of inappropriate for her to hide it, I think. It wasn't hers, after all.) And, would you then tell your boss, his mother, that you had confiscated the child's knife when the mother herself decided against taking it away? Whether right or wrong, he is not your child. Plus, taking it away implies to the mom that she didn't agree with her mothering style, at least in this case.
Again, I'd be surprised if the swiss army knife was actually BR's. His had his name on it and unless I'm mistaken, this is not the one found in the basement. You are right about her confiscating it. She was, afterall, just the cleaning lady, not the nanny as far as I understand, so disciplining the kids would have been WAY outside her provence. Not only that, it was only LHP that saw all the whittling, PR said she had only once seen some bits of whittled wood. What's the bet LHP 'confiscated' it to her own home?

She admits finding Pat, just recently, extremely upset because J accused her of being a lousy housekeeper and cook. Also, she referred to Joni as a brat and mentions how Joni told her to get lost a couple times, "I'll get the door, not you." or something like that.
Yep, all that I agree with. She didn't seem to like them very much really and disagreed with how JBR was raised and the pagents. She thought herself better than them to a degree.

The allegations she put in writing about Pat's personal life in the first chapter of the book that won't get published, or so it seems, are filthy and utterly disgusting. Tells me something ain't right, at all.

Absolutely - and has no ring of truth to it at all, sounds like a fertile and rather sexually explicit imagination. Makes my skin crawl to think she may have been left in charge of those children at any time at all, especially with that creepy husband around.

Is it too late to polygraph her SD? Is it out of the question?

Why are you addressing this question to SD? Is he a Cop?

--Then there's the pineapple. It's a big enough problem for them as it is, but JR just had to dig himself a little deeper. During the 1998 interviews, the first day John Ramsey was interviewed, he said that no one fed JonBenet pineapple under any circumstances, since she wouldn't have eaten it from an intruder anyway. Det. Thomas writes in his book, quote:

"The very next day he retracted that firm statement, saying his lawyer chastised him for making it. Nether he nor Patsy fed her pineapple, he said, but then he asked, 'What if she knew the intruder?' After thinking about it, he said, 'It hit me like a ton of bricks.' JonBenet 'adored' Santa Bill McReynolds, and if he had come into her room, she would have gotten out of bed and gone downstairs with him without a problem. 'She may have had a secretly prearranged meeting.' he said. 'Maybe he fed her pineapple.' The detectives stopped the tape and watched that section repeatedly. Only the day before, Ramsey had said such a thing was impossible. Now he laid it on Santa Bill."

The Power of Words. The autopsy said pineapple was a possibility, didn't it? I don't see how he "laid" it on Santa. He said "if" he had gone into her room...

Clearly, what one interprets as incriminating, another sees as a reasonable explanation.

Wow WF, you've really run with this LHP thing haven't you? I've been trying to get someone (anyone) to take this seriously most of the time I've been on this forum, but I just get fobbed off with the 'she was investigated and cleared' or she wasn't 'smart' enough. There are a couple of things about what you have said that I'd like to comment on.

I think you'll find that this was the previous year not the October of '96.

Now you mention it..... You've got to wonder if she was waiting for PR to give her another "Christmas Bonus" and when it wasn't forthcoming, she out and out asked her for the dough.

Maybe she overspent on Christmas presents, expecting another bonus? But you make a good point about the 'reason' being investigated. Do you REALLY think the BPD would have looked into it? Nah, they were too busy working out how to lynch the Rs. Anyway, it'd be simple to word up her sister to back her up after JBR's killing.

You'd probably be surprised how often this happens. Most people call it "an advance on my wages" rather than a loan. What you say is right though, the fact that she had the affront to ask PR for it speaks volumes I think, especially as at $50 per week repayment it would take her the best part of a year to repay it as it was a little under 25% of her weekly wage.

Yes to all the above.

No, I'll stop you here. The cord wasn't sourced to the house. The only way LHP would have known about it is if she was the one to buy it and remember, the killer took it with him.

Again, I'd be surprised if the swiss army knife was actually BR's. His had his name on it and unless I'm mistaken, this is not the one found in the basement. You are right about her confiscating it. She was, afterall, just the cleaning lady, not the nanny as far as I understand, so disciplining the kids would have been WAY outside her provence. Not only that, it was only LHP that saw all the whittling, PR said she had only once seen some bits of whittled wood. What's the bet LHP 'confiscated' it to her own home?

Yep, all that I agree with. She didn't seem to like them very much really and disagreed with how JBR was raised and the pagents. She thought herself better than them to a degree.

Absolutely - and has no ring of truth to it at all, sounds like a fertile and rather sexually explicit imagination. Makes my skin crawl to think she may have been left in charge of those children at any time at all, especially with that creepy husband around.

Why are you addressing this question to SD? Is he a Cop?

Don't know if he's a cop, but I do know he's an Encyclopedia on this tragedy.

I recall reading something about LHP needing the loan to help with her rent, which would be due most likely on Jan. 1, while the Rs were away. The argument with her sister was recent, and it looks to me like she needed to ask Patsy before the R left on their trip. I am pretty sure the Rs were the wealthiest people LHP knew, and because if that I doubt she had anyone else she could ask for a loan of that size. Not sure what that argument was about and how it impacted her need for a loan, so I will try to find out.
Banks were closed Christmas Day. There was no reason why she needed to go to the house that night, in secret, to get the check. The Rs were going yo be gone by 7 AM, at which time the banks STILL would not be open, so she could have easily gone to the house that morning after the family left.
While many IDI may see LHP as the perfect patsy (no pun intended) to take the blame for this crime, I simply do not see any evidence linking her to the crime. No DNA, no prints, no fibers. LHP asking her employer for a loan, whether it is something you might do or not, does not make her a killer.

OK- it seems LHP's sister was her landlord. I couldn't find what the fight was about or why LHP didn't have enough money for her rent, but I was able to find that LHP was behind a few months on the rent and her sister was threatening to evict her.

--Then there's the pineapple. It's a big enough problem for them as it is, but JR just had to dig himself a little deeper. During the 1998 interviews, the first day John Ramsey was interviewed, he said that no one fed JonBenet pineapple under any circumstances, since she wouldn't have eaten it from an intruder anyway. Det. Thomas writes in his book, quote:

"The very next day he retracted that firm statement, saying his lawyer chastised him for making it. Nether he nor Patsy fed her pineapple, he said, but then he asked, 'What if she knew the intruder?' After thinking about it, he said, 'It hit me like a ton of bricks.' JonBenet 'adored' Santa Bill McReynolds, and if he had come into her room, she would have gotten out of bed and gone downstairs with him without a problem. 'She may have had a secretly prearranged meeting.' he said. 'Maybe he fed her pineapple.' The detectives stopped the tape and watched that section repeatedly. Only the day before, Ramsey had said such a thing was impossible. Now he laid it on Santa Bill."

The Power of Words. The autopsy said pineapple was a possibility, didn't it? I don't see how he "laid" it on Santa. He said "if" he had gone into her room...

Well, by that logic, then nobody had any business savaging me for bringing up UMI. But I digress.

Clearly, what one interprets as incriminating, another sees as a reasonable explanation.

How is it reasonable? The first day he says it's impossible. The next day not only does he say it could happen, but he's got someone in mind who could have done it? Come on, Fang. Anyone can see the problems with that.

Don't know if he's a cop, but I do know he's an Encyclopedia on this tragedy.

Thank you very much. It's nice to know that people appreciate what I bring to the table.

SuperDave

How is it reasonable? The first day he says it's impossible. The next day not only does he say it could happen, but he's got someone in mind who could have done it? Come on, Fang. Anyone can see the problems with that.

He was corrected.

Thank you very much. It's nice to know that people appreciate what I bring to the table.

It's true. u r welcome

You had stored the plastic Christmas trees there, in that "wine cellar." Strange, isn't it? I had worked for you for nearly a year and I didn't even know that room existed until you had me get those trees out of there. An intruder wouldn't have found that place. Not in a million years. Only you, or John, would know it location. Your house was a 22-room rabbit warren and maze that even my husband once got lost in when he was doing some work for you.

The more I think about it, JonBenet could not have been killed by a stranger. I didn't even know THAT ROOM was there. How could a stranger know to go there? How in the world did this happen?

These two statements were made by the same person, LHP.
Does something seem inconsistent to you?

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case
Linda Hoffman Pugh Family

Gave Cops:
3 Rolls Blk Tape
White Lined Note Pad that Came from Ramsey house
3 Felt Tip Pens
2' narrow rope
A rope around a stick

SD, do you know what other items of P's clothing were examined and cross-referenced and compared for "consistent with fibers" with the sweater?

I remember just such a cord wrapped in just such a way around a box in the basement next to where her body was found. LHP

But, you didn't know where that room was, you said.

Why do you suppose you remembered just such a cord? Any idea? Not only that, but you remembered it was wrapped in just such a way, too. Incredibly, you remembered seeing those things like that right next to where her body was found, in a room that no stranger could find?

SD, do you know what other items of P's clothing were examined and cross-referenced and compared for "consistent with fibers" with the sweater?

Not off the top of my head. From what I can gather, there were quite a few. Levin certainly hinted at that.

But, you didn't know where that room was, you said.

Why do you suppose you remembered just such a cord? Any idea? Not only that, but you remembered it was wrapped in just such a way, too. Incredibly, you remembered seeing those things like that right next to where her body was found, in a room that no stranger could find?

Hi WF,

kinda an ambiguous quote. She doesn't specify that the box was in the wine cellar, rather basement.
Also whose to say that someone else in her family was the source of this detail about the cardboard box tied with rope?

Have you read LHP's interview:
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02151999peterboylesshow-pb.htm

Hi WF,

kinda an ambiguous quote. She doesn't specify that the box was in the wine cellar, rather basement.
Also whose to say that someone else in her family was the source of this detail about the cardboard box tied with rope?

Have you read LHP's interview:
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02151999peterboylesshow-pb.htm

yes, right next to where the body was found. not sure which quote, though. it appears to be her first-hand comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member