Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry Malkmus and Chasing Moxie; i have corrected the link and placed it here as well!! :( :eek::blushing::blushing:

http://www.groundreport.com/World/The-Amanda-Knox-Case-New-Questions-Emerge-Surround/2941100

It seems Nina Burleigh's book has enlightened Mr. Bishop regarding Guede:

If I were the relative of a victim of someone who the police played catch-and-release with, when they should have incarcerated him, possibly preventing the tragedy in the first place, I'd take legal action against them.

If I were the relative of a victim of someone who the police played catch-and-release with, when they should have incarcerated him, possibly preventing the tragedy in the first place, I'd take legal action against them.
I would, too. Had Milan jailed Guede, Meredith would be alive today....

:wagon:
I am a new poster here. What is the consensus at Websleuths? Are there some that are still arguing for guilt?

:Welcome1::welcome3::welcome2:

Hey, Rose! I have seen you on the randi foundation board, and I have looked at some of the docs you have on the case. Thanks for coming over here.

I think we do have some people who are adamant about guilt, some who are still on the fence, and many who believe in innocence. It's about the same mix as on the Randi foundation board. Your logic on the case is well welcomed here, so I hope you come back.

What do you mean by this? I don't quite understand.
IMO Hellman is showing the Supreme Court he has had a critical review of the case and that he has been fair and balanced by giving both sides the right to speak for themselves. Some people see a major change by the way Hellman is dealing with the case so far. I think it has more to do with Hellman looking forward.

IMO Hellman is showing the Supreme Court he has had a critical review of the case and that he has been fair and balanced by giving both sides the right to speak for themselves. Some people see a major change by the way Hellman is dealing with the case so far. I think it has more to do with Hellman looking forward.
Well, that is one way to interpret things. But it may not be for that reason, unless you have proof that he is doing as he is for that express reason. I recall during the Casey Anthony trial, people would get upset when Judge Perry would be lenient with the defense, and people kept saying, "Don't worry, His Honor is simply making sure there will be no grounds for a defense appeal." In the end, the jury ruled not guilty and that is the end of that. We do not know Hellman's motivation. We do not know the prosecution will need or want to appeal.

Had Knox stayed at home in Seattle, had Sollecito stayed behind his computer that night, if if if...
NO, I said if Guede had been detained, then MK , IMO, would be alive. Even with Amanda and Raff right next door. :innocent:

On PMF however, there seems to be a real investment in their guilt, and if the convictions are overturned, I am sure they will not accept it as we do not accept the convictions now. But what that says about them psychologically, remains obscure, and a mystery to me...[/B][/COLOR]
And yet another PMF attack. Yawn....

And yet another PMF attack. Yawn....
Yawn right back acha, pal. It is the truth, it cannot be denied. They never refrain from giving their judgmental opinions. Yawn, yawn, yawn....

Yawn right back acha, pal. It is the truth, it cannot be denied. They never refrain from giving their judgmental opinions. Yawn, yawn, yawn....
"Presumption is very, very naughty."

"Presumption is very, very naughty."
:waitasec: ;) But I am flattered to see you quote me, and if I am in any way presuming, I apologise. But for now I stand by what I said about many on PMF : They are unnaturally invested in the guilt of Knox and Sollecito. Just as some (not here, but on other forums) seem unnaturally invested in their innocence. Then it is projection, and no longer an objective interest in the truth, and justice.

I would, too. Had Milan jailed Guede, Meredith would be alive today....

You know, I believe this statement, regardless of AK and RS's guilt or innocence. Because, IF it were a "group mentality" that led the three of them to do it, then it would have been much less likely to happen without RG. Afterall, it's her DNA in his vagina -- maybe. I have to say maybe because I don't trust PS.

You know, I believe this statement, regardless of AK and RS's guilt or innocence. Because, IF it were a "group mentality" that led the three of them to do it, then it would have been much less likely to happen without RG. Afterall, it's her DNA in his vagina -- maybe. I have to say maybe because I don't trust PS.
yes, even the group attack would not have happened without rudy. but you mean HIS dna in HERS, right?:floorlaugh:

LOL! Unless RG went with Aviello for that sex change! :floorlaugh:

I'm gonna leave that unedited, just for continuity's sake....

I think BF put the new information about RG into brilliant context. Though I'm still not sure about that fire story, I think BF highlights one of the main reasons that Perjugia seems so crime ridden in the first place. He also helps you to see the kind of environment RG operated in, one in which he could fear no reprisal.

Sadly, I wonder how many more criminals take advantage of the many cracks in the syste. You gotta wonder what's up when the postal police can manage a house call over stolen cell phones, but the carbinelli (sp) get lost on the way to a murder scene. And mind you, they were going to a house that seems to have a lot of historical significance in the area. How could they run police beats in that drug-ridden area, but NOT know where the cottage was? Just for it's peculiar location as the only house on that sloping side of the road, they should have remembered it.

While I was on another board, this photo came to my attention:

http://www.friendsofamanda.org/miscellaneous/luminol/146.jpg

I didn't make the picture come up in the post because the picture is huge. But open it in another window and make the following observations with me:

1. See luminal glowing on the rulers.
2. See Luminal glowing on the tech's booties.
3. See the smears of luminol on the floor between where the tech is standing.
4. Zoom in on the print and go toward the "L" shaped ruler. On the left in the space between the rulers, note the heavy gobs of blue dilluted liquid. It's not even dry yet.

same picture or at least same area:

http://www.friendsofamanda.org/miscellaneous/luminol/147.jpg

1. Note how the ruler is glowing in the dark. Zoom in if you need to.
2. Note that if you zoom in, to the left of the ruler, the floor crack is entirely filled with luminol.

Now, if we believe these foot prints are in blood, then we must ALSO believe that the ruler was dipped in blood, do we not?

We must also believe that the tech's booties are dipped in blood.

Now, now, wait a minute. Wait a minute, for anyone who might say that the tech's might have gotten blood on the bottom of their booties or their gloves TRANSFERRED blood onto the ruler, then that opens up the door for "contamination of the evidence."

So either this test was performed incorrectly and luminol was over applied, giving them false positives, getting luminol WITHOUT BLOOD to glow on the ruler and the booties, or they contaminated the evidence by dragging blood into the hallway and not changing gloves before touching things.

Either way, shoddy, shoddy, shoddy.

Just studying these two pictures, I contend that there was no clean up in the hallway, no blood reaction in this luminol, and the footprints were there as a consquence of everyday walking, and from the size of them, the prints may belong to MK herself.

To believe that there's blood in these prints means to believe there is blood on the tech's booties and there is blood all over that ruler.

Pictures speak a thousand words, but if the words are somehow misleading, I'd appreciate anyone who believes it's blood to just explain how the tech got that much blood spatter on his booties and how he managed to smear all that invisible blood between where he's standing.

So no one can help me understand how luminol got to glowing on the ruler and on the booties or the tech?

Because of these pictures alone, the footprints ought to be thrown out.

So no one can help me understand how luminol got to glowing on the ruler and on the booties or the tech?

Because of these pictures alone, the footprints ought to be thrown out.

I've only seen a few luminol pictures over the years, I generally chose not to view them. I have to say though that I've never seen any that look as gloopy/globby/puddely for lack of better words (if these are even real words). Yes, I do see the luminol spatters on the techs boots and the ruler which screams to me contamination of the crime scene.

There also appears to be something lumpy a few inches lower than the straight ruler, and I can't make out what it is. It sorta looks like a brown cigarette butt, or small cat/dog poop, I dunno, just guessing here. Any thoughts?

When Hellman started this trial, he granted the defense an independent review of three major pieces of evidence because he deemed there was reasonable doubt. Those pieces have not stood up to scrutiny, so it appears there is still reasonable doubt. Not sure how this is preparing the case for the SC, and Hellman's opinion of the evidence seems to be very different from Massei's. What do you think he thought of the prosecution handing him an illegible photocopy of the negative controls at the 11th hour?

When Hellman started this trial, he granted the defense an independent review of three major pieces of evidence because he deemed there was reasonable doubt. Those pieces have not stood up to scrutiny, so it appears there is still reasonable doubt. Not sure how this is preparing the case for the SC, and Hellman's opinion of the evidence seems to be very different from Massei's. What do you think he thought of the prosecution handing him an illegible photocopy of the negative controls at the 11th hour?
I don't think that is why he granted the independent review. Nowhere has he ever stated that. IMO Hellman wants to look thorough and he is. We are in the middle of scrutiny and as far as I can tell those pieces have stood up just fine. Since we are in the middle of it, lets just wait and see. We can do the 'I told you so' stuff later.

Hellman heard enough about the impossibility of lab contamination. The whole copy of negative controls thing wasn't necessary in his view so he just wanted to move forward. Now he wants to look at the possibility of contamination before the knife got to the lab which I believe is up for the next hearing. I can't blame him for wanting to move forward. This case has taken long enough by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018