Mexico Mexico - Answers for Ally

The Soccer World cup was in Mexico in 1986 basically for the month of June. Monterrey was one of the cities it looks like. The adoption was in July. (when was the birth? and accident?)

Mexico, 31 May - 29 June 1986 (Guadalajara, Irapuato, Leon, Mexico City, Monterrey, Nezahualcoyotl, Puebla, Querretaro, Toluca) The last game in Monterrey was the 21st of June. I haven't found any other major events or news for Monterrey in the time period yet.

My take is her mother died during childbirth from the accident, the doctor who delivered her, had his sister adopt Ally? Or did I completely miss it. If her mother was in a Mexican citizen (no id etc would lead me to believe this is the case) and did not reside in the US in 1986 or anytime before that, this will be a very difficult search. I can go through the Texas info tomorrow and see if anything remotely fits tomorrow.

I read it partially the same way(the birth, no id, adoption), but she also says "I honestly believe there is someone out there wondering where she is" (referring to mom). I think she is not only looking for her identity and her mom's, but any birth family she may have.

Sounds like a difficult case, but might not hurt to check out TX missing persons reports some. Would sure like to know why she thinks mom was possibly kidnapped and then escaped.

This woman was 7 months pregnant when she went missing but it says she didn't go missing until 1990. Are the dates reported as last seen pretty much correct or could they be off for some reason?

This probably isn't her but thought I'd post just in case.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 12/6/2004
M9101009.jpg

Name: Maria Gomez
Case Number: M9101009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: San Antonio (Bexar County)
Last Seen on: 10/7/1990
Height: 5' 5 "
Weight: 150 lbs.
Age Missing: 33
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Red
Date of Birth: 4/7/1957
Race: White/Hispanic
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Gomez was seven months pregnant when she was reported missing. She has a scar on her knee and one on her heel. Ms. Gomez's vehicle was located abandoned.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M12/6/20043:01:06PM'

Just for clarity, I took it and broke it down this way:

Hi! I found this site yesterday and it opened my mind and gave me hope.
My name is Ally, I'm 22.
I was adopted in mexico july 1986.
My biological mom had an accident (hit and run) and had no ids IDs.
From what the doctor that was there when she gave birth (he is my adoptives mom brother)

• she looked a lot like me, young, between 18 and 26,
  • first child.
  • Dark hair, brown eyes, brunett, medium tone.
    • The one time I tried to find something, was in the monterrey, mexico newspapers online. But found nothing.
    • I actually live in New York, and when I go back to monterrey, I'm going to look for her “deceased without I'd ID” form. (i.e. form issued for UID)
    • Finding this site, gave me hope that she was living somewhere in texas and someone brought her to Mexico and that she got to escape before the fatal accident.
    • I honestly believe there is someone out there wondering where she is.
    • I have been trying to create an account, but can't. Ill try again when I get home from work.
    • I wanted to: ask for your help to find as many missing reports possible. I would appreciate it if you could post this.
Breaking it down this way, I think what she is saying is that she believes that her mother was kidnapped and taken to Mexico, and died in the accident trying to escape. She is wanting to us to try to help her identify her mother to help reunite her with her family (she will see if she can get info from a “deceased without ID form” to assist us.

We would need a lot more info from her, i.e. why she believes mom was kidnapped, how long she might have been in Mexico, any clues she was given by adoptive parents, etc., etc., etc

Anyone else reading it the same way?

This woman was 7 months pregnant when she went missing but it says she didn't go missing until 1990. Are the dates reported as last seen pretty much correct or could they be off for some reason?

This probably isn't her but thought I'd post just in case.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 12/6/2004

Name: Maria Gomez
Case Number: M9101009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: San Antonio (Bexar County)
Last Seen on: 10/7/1990
Height: 5' 5 "
Weight: 150 lbs.
Age Missing: 33
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Red
Date of Birth: 4/7/1957
Race: White/Hispanic
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Gomez was seven months pregnant when she was reported missing. She has a scar on her knee and one on her heel. Ms. Gomez's vehicle was located abandoned.

It's a good possibility.

Just for clarity, I took it and broke it down this way:

Hi! I found this site yesterday and it opened my mind and gave me hope.
My name is Ally, I'm 22.
I was adopted in mexico july 1986.
My biological mom had an accident (hit and run) and had no ids IDs.
From what the doctor that was there when she gave birth (he is my adoptives mom brother)

• she looked a lot like me, young, between 18 and 26,
  • first child.
  • Dark hair, brown eyes, brunett, medium tone.
    • The one time I tried to find something, was in the monterrey, mexico newspapers online. But found nothing.
    • I actually live in New York, and when I go back to monterrey, I'm going to look for her “deceased without I'd ID” form. (i.e. form issued for UID)
    • Finding this site, gave me hope that she was living somewhere in texas and someone brought her to Mexico and that she got to escape before the fatal accident.
    • I honestly believe there is someone out there wondering where she is.
    • I have been trying to create an account, but can't. Ill try again when I get home from work.
    • I wanted to: ask for your help to find as many missing reports possible. I would appreciate it if you could post this.
Breaking it down this way, I think what she is saying is that she believes that her mother was kidnapped and taken to Mexico, and died in the accident trying to escape. She is wanting to us to try to help her identify her mother to help reunite her with her family (she will see if she can get info from a “deceased without ID form” to assist us.

We would need a lot more info from her, i.e. why she believes mom was kidnapped, how long she might have been in Mexico, any clues she was given by adoptive parents, etc., etc., etc

Anyone else reading it the same way?

Quite possible, Barb. We need to know if she is to believe to have been Hispanic at all and if the adoptive family had reason to believe she was from the US rather than Mexico.

You guys are beyond amazing me. WOW.

Look how much you have done in just a little time.

This leaves me speechless. In a good way :blowkiss:

You guys are beyond amazing me. WOW.

Look how much you have done in just a little time.

This leaves me speechless. In a good way :blowkiss:

It's intriguing for sure! But the bottom line is, when Christine tells us to get busy - we MOVE! :blowkiss:

I was just looking for sites related to this earlier.
http://www.desaparecidos.org/main.html
I think this site may be a different one but there are links on the right to different countries and appear to have lists of missing people.
ETA- the Mexico portion doesn't ahve much info on people, but there are names listed.

I was just looking for sites related to this earlier.
http://www.desaparecidos.org/main.html
I think this site may be a different one but there are links on the right to different countries and appear to have lists of missing people.
ETA- the Mexico portion doesn't ahve much info on people, but there are names listed.

Great find! Sure would be easier if they had an ENGLISH version too!

I found the latinoamericanosdesaparacidos site on ggogle cache, it isn't loading for me completely but it does look that at least the main page is in English. It says- click on the flag of the country to see missing people- something along those lines.

Google will translate it for you - http://translate.google.com/transla...arch?q=desaparecidos.org&hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_en

If you put desaparecidos.org in the Google search box, when it comes up, there should be a link to "Translate this page". It's not always really accuarate, but I've found it to be sufficient for me to get around in most sites.

I'm gonna have to ck out for a bit and get some sleep. Will be back in the morning tho !!

You all are awesome !!! :blowkiss:

When you click on Mexico, on that next page in the upper left corner it says something like (can't remember exact words) click here for English.

Cool - didn't even see that . Oh well, we both learned something. Keep the other "translate" trick in the back of your mind, in case there are other sites we need to look at that don't have this feature, which is MUCH better !!

Nite all !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back