Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #3

Sometimes really bad things happen to good people.

JMO

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...a-great-day-fishing-and-found-a-human-corpse/

Here’s what Jones and his two fishing buddies saw after one of them remarked that a pile of trash on the bank might be a skull and ribcage:

We got closer and saw a pelvis, two leg bones, arm bones, and within 15 seconds it was obvious what we were looking at. It was sort of surreal for a moment. It was 3 feet from the water, so I trolled over, staying in the boat, and looked closer. Then it hit home that yes, it was the remains of a human. Its feet were tied together, and it had rags of mud-caked clothes draped about it. There was no flesh, so it had been there for a while.

Still praying, for the family's sake, this is David.

I think Tiffany Hartley is pretty sure it's not David Hartley either.

I feel bad for the Hartley's but what in the world are those fishermen doing over there on the Mexican side??? That's pretty risky isn't it?

http://www.greeleytribune.com/ARTICLE/20120103/NEWS/701039971/1001/RSS

Tiffany Hartley awaits word if body found in lake is that of her missing husband
LaSalle woman is awaiting word if the remains are that of her missing husband

Skeletal remains of a body were found Saturday by a man fishing on the lake, and now Hartley waits for a report on the description from Mexican law officials.

That report could come in as soon as today. Hartley isn’t expecting much, just a description of teeth, the height, maybe the clothes and not the identity, though she also said she’s only guessing. If the description matches David’s, she’ll decide what to do next.

Hartley is grateful that Mexican officials responded faster than normal to the report of the body to collect it. The discovery and the response give Hartley hope, something that could be in short supply at times during her fight to bring his body home.

“We’re hopeful, but if it’s not, it’s somebody else’s family member,” Hartley said. “That’s someone else waiting and hoping.”

Regardless, the discovery, and the fact that the lake is down almost 25 feet, leaving the possibility open that others may be found, gives her hope that if this body isn’t David’s, maybe the next one will be.

“We’ve always been hopeful and strong in our faith,” Hartley said. “We don’t know when he’ll come home, and if this is the day or another time, we’ll continue to stand in our faith one day that he will be brought home.”

I feel bad for the Hartley's but what in the world are those fishermen doing over there on the Mexican side??? That's pretty risky isn't it?

People who live in the area become over-confident. Nothing happens for a period of time, so they think it's safe. Just like David was warned by his family and he said he'd take care of Tiffany and himself. They THINK it won't happen to them.

I know people who live in a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood of Metamores. They don't venture outside their neighborhood, but they still have to take their kids to school, go to work, but they believe the precautions they take are sufficient. But every time things pick-up again, attacks and murders, they take their family over the border to their big home in Brownsville. IF it were me, I wouldn't go to Metamores at all. I love Mexico, but it's just too dangerous at this time.

JMHO
fran

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30135876/detail.html

No ID Yet On Skeleton Found In Lake On Mexico Border

Tiffany Hartley received a report from Mexican officials about the remains Wednesday, but she is not releasing what the report says until she can get more details.

She says she needs more information before saying whether it is her husband.

If the report says it's him she needs to make sure it corroborates at least one of the versions of the story she has told. :innocent:

If the report says it's him she needs to make sure it corroborates at least one of the versions of the story she has told. :innocent:

The report is inconclusive.

No way it could say its him without DNA.

And, may I point out, the fisherman said the skull had a bullet hole in the back. Perfectly matches her story.

The report is inconclusive.

No way it could say its him without DNA.

And, may I point out, the fisherman said the skull had a bullet hole in the back. Perfectly matches her story.

Isn't that execution style?
Isn't that typical of how they kill people?
I would think most of the bodies coming out of there, would likely have a bullet hole in the back of the head. :twocents:

Yes it is.

But Mrs. Hartley's "story" was questioned. I was pointing out that if this is in fact David, it matches what she said.

Isn't that execution style?
Isn't that typical of how they kill people?
I would think most of the bodies coming out of there, would likely have a bullet hole in the back of the head. :twocents:

True. However, one of the many inconsistencies in Hartley's stories and claims about her husband's alleged attack has been whether or not he was shot in the back of the head. She has claimed that he was face down in the water and she turned him over and saw he was shot in the head. She has also stated that he was shot in the head "as far as I know." Her whole story has been fantastical and odd. Not to mention her demeanor during her press blitz. It's also convenient that at the time border violence was a hot topic in the press. No matter, I'm sure LE is keeping tabs on Mrs. Hartley's whereabouts, bank accounts .....

True. However, one of the many inconsistencies in Hartley's stories and claims about her husband's alleged attack has been whether or not he was shot in the back of the head. She has claimed that he was face down in the water and she turned him over and saw he was shot in the head. She has also stated that he was shot in the head "as far as I know." Her whole story has been fantastical and odd. Not to mention her demeanor during her press blitz. It's also convenient that at the time border violence was a hot topic in the press. No matter, I'm sure LE is keeping tabs on Mrs. Hartley's whereabouts, bank accounts .....

She has NEVER been named a person of interest. She has NEVER been named a suspect.
She is a victim.

Do you have links to show that LE is tracking her?
Do you have any links to show that she was EVER suspected by LE?

Besides the Mexican gov who of course wanted to pin it on her from the beginning. I'm sure they don't like the fact that an American was killed while jetskiing on their side of the lake.

Where are you getting your information?
I'm curious.

Article from yesterday:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20436346,00.html

Mexican officials have questioned Tiffany's story and said that without a body, they can't acknowledge that David was murdered. "We actually don't know if this person is dead," says Ruben Dario Rios Lopez, spokesman for the Tamaulipas State Attorney General's office. But Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr., sheriff of Zapata County in Texas, says there's ample evidence: including a Texas man who dialed 911 after seeing Tiffany being chased by a boat. "I have no reason to do this to my husband," says Tiffany. "I think they [the Mexican police] were just trying to see if they could get us to go away, because it's ridiculous that they wouldn't believe me."

Others who knew the couple, including David's own mother, are shocked at any suggestion that Tiffany might have murdered her husband. The couple met at Thompson Valley High School in Loveland, Colo., and married in 2002 after David flew them to Vail and proposed in a horse-drawn carriage. "He just loved her to death, and she loved him back the exact same way," recalls David's cousin Melanie Hood, 31. The couple became closer after a 2005 trip to Kenya to build an orphanage, said Tiffany's dad, Bob Young. "Neither lived in fear. They were adventurous," he says.

More From This ArticleThe Case
Sept. 30, 2:20 p.m.

Tiffany Hartley calls 911, saying her husband was shot in the head by men in three boats on Falcon Lake.

Oct. 8

Family supporters rally for justice outside the Mexican consulate in Denver.

Oct. 12

The severed head of Mexican police commander Rolando Flores Villegas is dumped near a Mexican Army post.

Oct. 14

Mexican officials suspend their search for Hartley's body.

Oct. 15

During an eight-hour interview, Tiffany gives "valuable information" that will help their investigation, Mexican officials say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back