Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

I have just dug a little deeper into Jenny's friend's weibo. Apparently I should have done this in the beginning when I saw her comment. I'm so bad at this. I should have been more diligent.

Translation: @jennycqd My new roommate just went to Mexico for vacation, he said he had a blast. I thought of you again. Are you okay? I went to see your dad when I went back to China, it was only a short visit. They went to look for you but didn't find you. When I have the chance, I will help you find the people you are looking for, I will take a look at them on your behalf. Maybe I will return home next year. Maybe the year after next. But this is a crowded world, I don't really have faith. I hope it is all well with you, no matter where you are, please be happy.

This post was made on September 4th.

attachment.php

I think this answers all our questions as to whether Jenny has returned home. The bolded part of the paragraph sounds like Jenny was actually looking for some people in Mexico? What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_8101.jpg
    IMG_8101.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 138
I have just dug a little deeper into Jenny's friend's weibo. Apparently I should have done this in the beginning when I saw her comment. I'm so bad at this. I should have been more diligent.

Translation: @jennycqd My new roommate just went to Mexico for vacation, he said he had a blast. I thought of you again. Are you okay? I went to see your dad when I went back to China, it was only a short visit. They went to look for you but didn't find you. When I have the chance, I will help you find the people you are looking for, I will take a look at them on your behalf. Maybe I will return home next year. Maybe the year after next. But this is a crowded world, I don't really have faith. I hope it is all well with you, no matter where you are, please be happy.

attachment.php

I think this answers all our questions as to whether Jenny has returned home. The bolded part of the paragraph sounds like Jenny was actually looking for some people in Mexico? What do you think?
When I have the chance, I will help you find the people you are looking for, I will take a look at them on your behalf.

We need to find out who she was looking for. Maybe we can help her. Maybe Jenny found them, and that's what this entire mystery has been all about. I also find it interesting that she states Jenny's parents did not locate her. To me, that means they were NOT satisfied with the report from Mexican LE. jmo

I know Jenny's brother is also on Weibo. Maybe we should discuss contact with him as well? As a side note, please be careful. I personally do not know if there is danger involved in searching for Jenny through Chinese contacts.

I am convinced by this, that Jenny has not been seen or heard from by her family since being reported disappeared. Thanks for translating these Weibo posts, southlanecherry. I think most of us here figured the chances of Jenny being back with her family in China were small, but it is something that we wondered about.

I suspect that "the people" Jenny was looking for, which the friend has mentioned, don't have anything to do with Jenny's disappearance, but they could and it would be good to know what this was about.

I believe what JR has uncovered, via his Private Investigator, is accurate. To me, the fact that the truck that Jenny was reported to have gotten into was "sold" and never checked forensically for evidence of Jenny having been in it, speaks volumes.

Please do be careful, southlanecherry. I think you have answered our question, so no need to do more in that direction. Thanks again.

Wow, thank you southlanecherry for reaching out to Jenny's friend on weibo and for sharing that post of hers. The mystery deepens. I hope she responds to you.

I am convinced by this, that Jenny has not been seen or heard from by her family since being reported disappeared. Thanks for translating these Weibo posts, southlanecherry. I think most of us here figured the chances of Jenny being back with her family in China were small, but it is something that we wondered about.

I suspect that "the people" Jenny was looking for, which the friend has mentioned, don't have anything to do with Jenny's disappearance.

I believe what JR has uncovered, via his Private Investigator, is accurate. To me, the fact that the truck that Jenny was reported to have gotten into was "sold" and never checked forensically for evidence of Jenny having been in it, speaks volumes.

Please do be careful, southlanecherry. I think you have answered our question, so no need to do more in that direction. Thanks again.

I think you are right, webant. Your point about the truck being sold is spot on. I think whatever “people” Jenny was looking for are peripheral to this mystery, although I’m curious about what is meant.

I feel awful for her parents and brother. They are powerless.

And I feel awful for JR too. I just read through his early HFJ posts, and here’s something to think about...if JR had not come across whiny, angry and vague on HFJ and in the media we would be supportive and believe him more easily. He pretty much shot himself in the foot in PR terms from the beginning. And we always look at the husband with doubt anyway. He is a husband with lots of legal baggage, so that certainly added to my feelings about him. He pushed a lot of buttons with us. If he had been mature, not defensive and more forthcoming it could have been different. We all know how corrupt Mexican LE is, so the constantly changing posts about the case were likely his reality. I don’t have to like the guy, but I think he’s done his best to find Jenny.

His latest post, postponing the distribution of posters around the Federal District until things return to normal, out of sensitivity to the victims of the earthquake, is very good. Ironically, if she’s out there, she may be found because of the earthquake. Members recommend that he register on a “people finder” website, which he has done.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/888564114651967/

JR said today "Getting close." I suspect that was before the earthquake stuck Puebla and Mexico City this morning. I think this is probably the vicinity where the witness says she saw Jenny in February. There's no way to put up posters now, I'm afraid. Prayers for Mexico!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/886707378170974/

You must be psychic, Lilibet! It does seem like, from that latest post of his that he is talking about the Mexico City area (Federal Districts?)

How eerily coincidental that first the Juchitan (Jenny's last whereabouts) area gets devastated by an earthquake, and now the central MX area JR thinks she may be suffers an extreme earthquake, as well.

You must be psychic, Lilibet! It does seem like, from that latest post of his that he is talking about the Mexico City area (Federal Districts?)

How eerily coincidental that first the Juchitan (Jenny's last whereabouts) area gets devastated by an earthquake, and now the central MX area JR thinks she may be suffers an extreme earthquake, as well.

Ha! Not psychic. I just remember that he met with the witness near Mexico City and asked Jenny’s friends in Mexico City and Puebla to message him last week, so I figured the witness claimed to have seen her in the area. Yes, the earthquakes are certainly an eery coincidence. If it’s not LE and Corona standing in JR’s way, it’s the earth itself!

I cannot believe that after all this time, there is still NEW information popping up. Talk about whiplash.

Since day 1 that I got involved with this thread I have hoped Jenny ran off, although I really didn't think so. Now we learn from an unlikely source that she was looking for someone possibly. And possibly, it was someone she met online - or something. She is an adult and can do what she wants. If she found a guy and ran off with him, yay for her. But it would be nice to just know that she is alive. After that, it's none of our business.

Perhaps she does not believe she will be able to break it off with JR if he finds out she is alive. But that doesn't explain why she hasn't contacted anyone in her life (family nor friends).

I want to have hope. I want to think that she has no idea anyone is looking for her. I want our miss Jenny Chen to be happy and having the time of her life.

I cannot believe that after all this time, there is still NEW information popping up. Talk about whiplash.

Since day 1 that I got involved with this thread I have hoped Jenny ran off, although I really didn't think so. Now we learn from an unlikely source that she was looking for someone possibly. And possibly, it was someone she met online - or something. She is an adult and can do what she wants. If she found a guy and ran off with him, yay for her. But it would be nice to just know that she is alive. After that, it's none of our business.

Perhaps she does not believe she will be able to break it off with JR if he finds out she is alive. But that doesn't explain why she hasn't contacted anyone in her life (family nor friends).

I want to have hope. I want to think that she has no idea anyone is looking for her. I want our miss Jenny Chen to be happy and having the time of her life.

I would love if Jenny was in Mexico doing her thing. I just don't think it's realistic at this point. I've been casually following along lately and it's great to have a Chinese citizen/speaker here!! But I can't say I have any faith she is still alive. Previously my only hope was that she fled back to china without telling JR, which I wouldn't blame her for at all, but sadly I no longer think that's a possibility after the very helpful new info/translations.

I want to have hope too gig. That she is living the life selling tamales and shacking up with a new lover, enjoying every second of the day. Sadly my heart tells me that's far from the truth.

JR will continue to be JR. For him, this isn't even about Jenny anymore IMO. I don't think it ever really was about Jenny.

JR, if you're reading this, cut the crap with attacking corona. If they even know who you are, they couldn't care less about your campaign to "bring them down". A whole 10 people boycotting corona isn't going to get justice for Jenny. You need to take another approach, or maybe move on.

I'll never give up hope for Jenny, but I am losing faith. If that makes sense.

Websleuths needs your help. Won't you make a small donation?

No reply from Jenny's friend. She updated her weibo after I messaged her so she must have seen my message and chosen to ignore it. I am sure she has been harassed enough in the past by random people on there expressing their dislike of Jenny.

Can you let me know where you found out that Jenny's brother also had Weibo account? I am wondering because if he had an account, it would have been made public when Jenny went missing last year, but I can't find it.

When I have the chance, I will help you find the people you are looking for, I will take a look at them on your behalf.

We need to find out who she was looking for. Maybe we can help her. Maybe Jenny found them, and that's what this entire mystery has been all about. I also find it interesting that she states Jenny's parents did not locate her. To me, that means they were NOT satisfied with the report from Mexican LE. jmo

I know Jenny's brother is also on Weibo. Maybe we should discuss contact with him as well? As a side note, please be careful. I personally do not know if there is danger involved in searching for Jenny through Chinese contacts.

No reply from Jenny's friend. She updated her weibo after I messaged her so she must have seen my message and chosen to ignore it. I am sure she has been harassed enough in the past by random people on there expressing their dislike of Jenny.
That's unfortunate. I feel bad for the friend.
Can you let me know where you found out that Jenny's brother also had Weibo account? I am wondering because if he had an account, it would have been made public when Jenny went missing last year, but I can't find it.
When I can find time, I'll dig around in past threads to find his name and where I saw his posts.

Thank you for your efforts, southlanecherry. We appreciate you!

How about this page I had found. It seems to be from the friend she had messaged just before she disappeared. Is there her contact information there where you might reach out to her?
http://www.sohu.com/a/71341376_411529

That's unfortunate. I feel bad for the friend.

When I can find time, I'll dig around in past threads to find his name and where I saw his posts.

Jenny’s brother’s name is Qun Qun Yu according to this link. You have to scroll down to where it talks about Jenny. I didn’t find any posts by him on thread #1 and I haven’t started on #2 or 3 yet. The link below was on thread #1 and will be on the Media/Social Media Thread I’m preparing to launch when time and energy allow. Almost there. :)

https://happykidtriumph.tumblr.com/post/144324795193/original-title-hungary-weatherman

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12652802#post12652802

Maybe the friend is speaking more metaphorically? That Jenny was seeking the people of Mexico, not a specific person or persons, and someday she too will go to "find them" by visiting? Although, then she jumps to returning home which feels odd.

I'm totally down with TOS, but frustrating in this case since we're up against a language barrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, initially I got the same feeling too, that she was only speaking in some metaphorical and poetic way about people of Mexico. I tried my best to translate everything literally and objectively, without adding extra words or my own meanings to the translation. But at the end she mentioned that she felt hopeless about finding someone among such crowded world, so that makes it sound like it was a specific person Jenny was looking for.

Maybe the friend is speaking more metaphorically? That Jenny was seeking the people of Mexico, not a specific person or persons, and someday she too will go to "find them" by visiting? Although, then she jumps to returning home which feels odd.

I'm totally down with TOS, but frustrating in this case since we're up against a language barrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Lilibet! This article on Tumblr is a translation of some other language no? It is so incoherent and difficult to read lol. I don't understand why Jenny's brother's name would have different last name from her.

Jenny’s brother’s name is Qun Qun Yu according to this link. You have to scroll down to where it talks about Jenny. I didn’t find any posts by him on thread #1 and I haven’t started on #2 or 3 yet. The link below was on thread #1 and will be on the Media/Social Media Thread I’m preparing to launch when time and energy allow. Almost there. :)

https://happykidtriumph.tumblr.com/post/144324795193/original-title-hungary-weatherman

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12652802#post12652802

Yes, she did leave a contact for anyone with information. I have added her on my wechat. We will see what follows.

Thank you for your efforts, southlanecherry. We appreciate you!

How about this page I had found. It seems to be from the friend she had messaged just before she disappeared. Is there her contact information there where you might reach out to her?
http://www.sohu.com/a/71341376_411529

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh
Back