Mexico Mexico - Las Muertas de Juárez *UNSOLVED*

Yes Deb, I imagine we are looking at a human trafficking situation disguised as a legitimate enterprise.

This may be a reason for the lack of action-big appetite for this activity on both sides of the border.

Maybe the woman killed are simply the ones who say no?

That could be too believe. The ones who say no or otherwise stand up for themselves would be expendable & the very graphic mutilation would send a clear message to everyone else.

This may be a reason for the lack of action-big appetite for this activity on both sides of the border.

Maybe the woman killed are simply the ones who say no?

It is a quick read with a whole lot of good information and opinion. i think that if this thread makes it to a forum or sub forum, there are a few ways to break up the subject into threads...something to consider.

25% of the victims are unidentified-the elephant in the room is how these women laid so long out in the open so that they skelatonized (sp) without being discovered? One of the fields where 8 bodies were discovered together was a frequent "make out" spot for locals.

Hopefully, if we generate enough interest, we can make it into a sub-forum!

Believe, is that a full length book? There are a few that I'd like to order. I already wrote you personally about Senorita Extraviada, but I'd like to share with the everybody: http://www.lourdesportillo.com/senoritaextraviada/

It's a really well-done and bone-chilling docu about Juarez. It touches on how globalization ties into the phenomenon, which I find fascinating.

Believe, is that a full length book? There are a few that I'd like to order. I already wrote you personally about Senorita Extraviada, but I'd like to share with the everybody: http://www.lourdesportillo.com/senoritaextraviada/

It's a really well-done and bone-chilling docu about Juarez. It touches on how globalization ties into the phenomenon, which I find fascinating.

Full length, friend...pm me your address and I will send it to you...I don't mind sharing-I LOVEED it...

Considering that the majority of victims were poor young girls who had no real ties to Juarez, I find it amazing that only 25% are unidentified! Regarding the bodies not being discovered, I think that many of the victims were held and tortured for days (weeks?) before they died. Perhaps some bodies were not dumped until they had begun decomposition? Also, would the desert climate speed things up?

Are you suggesting that some people see the bodies and hesitate to report them because of fear/intimidation?

A lot of people probably are looking the other way because they don't want to become part of the body count.

Are you suggesting that some people see the bodies and hesitate to report them because of fear/intimidation?

I believe that some of these murders are part of human sacrifices. There was a case in Juarez a few years back where a drug dealer offering human sacrifices for protection from police and his enemies. :eek:

Yuck Porkchop but at this stage almost anything seems possible.

Do you have any links about the human sacrificing drug dealer?

I believe that some of these murders are part of human sacrifices. There was a case in Juarez a few years back where a drug dealer offering human sacrifices for protection from police and his enemies. :eek:

Welcome to WS Porkchop! There is some speculation with the sources that Ted Botha used in the book that people are deterred from dump locations until the bodies are unrecognizable. What struck me was the fact that Amnesty and other human rights groups put the number in excess of 400 women being murdered, but the Mexican govt says more like 100+.

Yes! Adolfo de Jesus Constanzo. I intended to bring him up at some point, but I wasn't sure where he would fit in this very loosley structured thread.

I saw this documentary a couple of years ago and it is astounding how little attention these murders receive. There was also a website that focused on the murders of young women in several border towns (geez it's h*&l getting old) years ago ... I think it was affiliated somehow with a militiamen site ... need to look for it.

Yes! Adolfo de Jesus Constanzo. I intended to bring him up at some point, but I wasn't sure where he would fit in this very loosley structured thread.

It is important to remember there is a distinction between the "sorcerer" who offered human sacrifice and the murders of these women. When this case was first whispered about there was speculation that the murders were being committed by one or several US born serial killer(s) who found easy hunting across south of the border. I don't think there has been much found in terms of forensic evidence as the bodies were so decomposed prior to discovery ... I really have to see if I can find these older stories!

Thank you for joining in, Greywing! Yes, there is a Mexican American serial killer who has been accused of involvement. I will hunt down his name too. I'd like to start a list of the suspects.

http://zreportage.com/JUAREZ/JUAREZ_Results1.shtml
By 1998, an estimated 187 women had been murdered in Juarez over five years, many mutilated and sexually assaulted, with breasts hacked off, objects thrust up body cavities and deep slashes across chest and face — that is, when decomposition allowed such grisly details to be observed. Juarez criminologist Oscar Maynes, recognized the pattern of serial killing, but he was rebuffed. Many victims were poor, darker-skinned women with Indian features, potentially making the crimes about race and class.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back