GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

My US Weekly (the one with Justin Timberlake on the front) has an adorable pic of her and the two kids when they were younger. They are so cute. Makes me mad the suspect's fam has them.

Family of producer’s slain wife to retrieve body
By Associated Press
Monday, April 19, 2010 - Added 41m ago

LOS ANGELES — The family of a producer’s wife who was found slain in Mexico will soon retrieve her body and get an update on the investigation, the woman’s sisters said today.

Carla and Jeane Burgos said in an interview that their mother will accompany them and give a deposition in the murder investigation that has focused on their brother-in-law, Bruce Beresford-Redman.

more here

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celebrity/view.bg?articleid=1248464

Another small trickle of information:

The attorney general is handling the death as a homicide with intent, not manslaughter. He says it’s homicide because of “the viciousness (of the crime) and hiding the body.” Alor also says since the crime was committed in Mexico, the trial should take place there. According to Alor, homicide carries a 30 year prison sentence.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...percent-sure-they-have-right-suspect-survivor

I was watching HLN today, the Joy Behar show, and Jeannine Pirro mentioned in Mexico it is "guilty until proven innocent" and they don't arrest until they are sure they are going to convict. They said it is so wonderful we have the constitution here in the US to protect us. I almost barfed. He is going to get off easy down there!

And please don't blame the victim, what a loser. Hope those kids get away from his family ASAP. They are toxic IMO.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Read The Intimate, Explosive Emails Between Survivor Murder Suspect, Mistress & Wife

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...losive-emails-between-survivor-murder-suspect

Excerptiing:

"I told you that I would not leave my family. That was true and honest I was not misleading you," Bruce wrote in an email to Joy. "Then that changed and I told you that I didn't feel I would be happy without you and that I was going to leave my family so that we could be together."

The emails are dated through mid-March, less than a month before the death of Monica. It becomes shockingly clear that Bruce is conflicted about his relationships with Joy and Monica.

"Clearly I am a piece of s**t. What I did to Monica was lousy and as you know it required me to lie to her for months," Bruce wrote in the emails obtained by RadarOnline.com. "In fact her hatred for you (which was wholly unjustified for years) has had me lying to her wherever you were concerned for years.

"She [Monica] has denied me access to my children (and continues to do so), she has shut me out of my home, she has liquidated all my money and going even further than I thought she would she has alleged at my daughter's school that I am abusive and unfit and should not be allowed to pick up my daughter."

Monica began corresponding with Joy, leaving Bruce feeling betrayed by both of them, his emails reveal.

"Monica is texting you again with questions and details -- AND YOU ARE ON HER SIDE," Bruce wrote as he attached an email he found from Joy to his wife, Monica. Throughout his email to Joy he describes her as his "little wing", himself "buckethead", and what they shared together as "Ride or Die."

In an e-mail from Monica to Joy, Monica says that Bruce "is a liar" and "is so manipulative" that she "wants to expose him, so he can feel stupid." Monica also makes reference to the fact that she'd recorded conversations of Bruce's from inside his car. "This is my embarrassing husband, and even more for being the father of my kids," Monica concluded.

At one point, Joy e-mails an apology to Monica and explains she was operating out of what she thought was pure love.

But Joy eventually decided to step back from it all telling Monica, "I would prefer that you stop. I am no longer involved in your situation and would like to be left alone. Best of luck."

Finally, in an email sent to both Joy and Monica, Bruce seemed to backtrack his love for Joy stating that their relationship was a mistake and he wants to try to salvage his marriage.

"Our relationship was a mistake and is over. I am committing myself to being a husband and father and am making a number of changes in my life. I am going to write to many women who I am inappropriate with and tell them that I am making changes too," Bruce wrote, noting that he had been unfaithful with more than just one woman. "I am going to get therapy for being a liar."

Edited out subtitles

Thanks, Patticake, for linking that. I was just reading those this morning.

Now I wonder if he murdered her not even so much because he did want to be with Joy but because of what he perceived her to be "putting him through" with the kids. He alleges he couldn't pick up his daughter at school because Monica told the school he was "abusive." Maybe his motive was wanting to avoid a custody battle.

And that whole "ride or die" thing....very MTV/hip hop lifestyle.

Seemed a bit foolish to me for a man of his age to be spouting off about but I do understand the underlying belief of being willing to do anything for the other person.

NOT making any excuses for murdering his wife tho-please understand that.

I'm wondering how the emails surfaced. Whether the girlfriend brought them to the attention of Monica's family or some other way.

Normally in cases like this, LE would have access to the suspect's computer and such. But, this being a murder in a foreign country, I doubt that they would have access to his computer ... or hers. Nor would her family have access to the LA house unless Monica gave keys to her family.

So many unanswered questions.

Editing to add:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/survivor-...death-admitted-affair-mails/story?id=10444464

The emails were found on her computer in the LA home by her family.

Wow. He was going to go to therapy. Let me guess, sex addict therapy. ROLLEYES. Just put him in jail already.

I'm wondering how the emails surfaced. Whether the girlfriend brought them to the attention of Monica's family or some other way.

Normally in cases like this, LE would have access to the suspect's computer and such. But, this being a murder in a foreign country, I doubt that they would have access to his computer ... or hers. Nor would her family have access to the LA house unless Monica gave keys to her family.

So many unanswered questions.

Editing to add:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/survivor-...death-admitted-affair-mails/story?id=10444464

The emails were found on her computer in the LA home by her family.

perhaps the girlfriend sold the emails to radaronline?

Apparently the victim's "close friend" sold the emails to Radaronline:

Dead Woman's Close Friend Sold Emails, Website Says, CNN 4-23-10

...A lawyer for the dead woman's family said the e-mails did not come from them and she pleaded with "the person who has obtained them to stop leaking information to the media that may be critical to the pursuit of justice."
"We have been aware of their existence for some time now and have shared them with the proper authorities," attorney Alison Triessl said. "Given their sensitive nature, we asked the authorities that they be preserved and kept confidential, as we believe they are relevant to this ongoing investigation." ...

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Survivor Suspect Is A "Pathological Liar", Says Doc

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...cer-murder-suspect-pathological-liar-says-doc

[Excerpting. More at link]

“No question he’s a liar and his ego has grown much bigger than he’s able to handle. More than anything else, he’s a pathological liar who’s been caught in his own lies and now he’s left without any kind of cover for himself. He’s left psychologically naked.

“He’s very depressed about his own life and not being able to manipulate women. If his cover is blown, he may be capable of snapping. Once his cover is blown, he is of course capable, in my opinion, of snapping. He has no psychological protection. The person he counted on to protect him, Joy, dropped out of his love triangle.

“I think what everybody is experiencing in these emails are empty words and these people don’t know what love is.

“He says he’s going to get therapy for being a liar. There is no therapy for being a liar! You go to therapy for the whole person, we find out what’s behind the actions.

“His emails are very telling of how simplistic his mind works. This is why I say he’s not a sociopath. He knows he hurt the mistress and his wife. A sociopath has no conscious. He’s feeling bad enough for his children to want to maintain the marriage. The stories and lies that he told to everybody caught up with him. He was clearly leading a double life and it all caught up with him.

“He’s definitely a narcissist. It was all about him,” says Dr. Carle. “He refused to believe that the wife would have the last laugh. It’s a real blow to a narcissist to hear that.

“He called the cheating a game’...to him it was a game. He was playing with everyone’s emotions and could care less. There are some sociopathic traits in him, but I wouldn’t label him a sociopath. He’s sorry he got caught. He’s selfish. It’s a hard call to make because he claims he loves his children. He is extremely narcissistic," says the expert.

Now, Bruce Beresford-Redman's parents are filing for permanent custody, no doubt to keep Monica's relatives from having the children.

Disgusting!

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/23/survi...-redman-monica-guardianship-custody-mistress/

The former "Survivor" producer -- Bruce Beresford-Redman -- suspected of killing his wife may now lose custody of his kids, because his parents have now made their move to get permanent guardianship ... TMZ has learned.

David and Juanita Beresford-Redman -- who now have temporary guardianship -- filed legal docs in L.A. County Superior Court asking to make them permanent guardians of the two children. They say Bruce wants it that way.

Wait, I wonder what the Mother wants for her two kids?? Oh, I forgot, SHE'S DEAD. And your son KILLED her. Ugh. Disgusting is right.

MOO.

Wait, I wonder what the Mother wants for her two kids?? Oh, I forgot, SHE'S DEAD. And your son KILLED her. Ugh. Disgusting is right.

MOO.

So where are her parents? Are they requesting custody? Why would the in-laws be requesting "permanent" custody unless they know he's guilty?

So where are her parents? Are they requesting custody? Why would the in-laws be requesting "permanent" custody unless they know he's guilty?

I believe I heard that Monica's mom is in Brazil but that her sisters live in the US.

Sounds like Bruce's parents want to make sure HE can have the kids again once this is over. I'm concerned he will only get a slap on the wrist, if that.

On my last trip to Cancun, I stayed at this all inclusive resort for a week for a wedding. I think the news media's description of the resort being "posh" is overstated. I did think it was a very very nice resort, but posh? I dunno?

The resort is HUGE! There are over 2500 rooms (I swear it stretched a mile down the beach, but I'm pretty sure I'm overestimating!). There are 3 separate "hotels" to check in at with rooms in them and then separate blocks of rooms out in the open. Lots of walking paths to take from the room blocks to the different pools, restaurants, gazebos, etc. The staff members drive around on multi-passenger golf carts and if they see you walking, they'll stop and offer you a ride to your destination.

If I remember correctly, 14 different restaurants on site, 8 pools, multiple bars, a night club, golf course, free us of sports equipment, etc.

Also, she wouldn't have HAD to take a taxi into town to go shopping. When staying at a Palace resort, you can use all the Palace facilities. There are 4 Palace hotels in the Cancun area. We took a hotel charter bus (free) into town to the furthest in Palace hotel (I think it was the Beach Palace) and then took the city bus into the shopping areas. A taxi ride from Moon Palace would have been very expensive, as it is outside of town.

Also, some of this resort is part of a time share, as 1 of the people who traveled with us traded his usual time share in another city for this resort.

Each guest was required to wear a wristband at all times (great tan lines!). Some of the people going didn't want to stay at the resort, as it was expensive. If they only came into the resort for the wedding, it would have cost them $200 each for a day pass.

If anyone has any additional questions on the property, let me know!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back