Mexico Mexico - Rebecca Coriam, 24, Disney Cruise Employee, Coast of Mexico, 22 March 2011

Family and friends gather at vigil for Rebecca

DISTRAUGHT relatives of a missing woman from Chester came together for another vigil.

[snip]

More than a 100 of her closest friends and family, including parents Mike and Ann, gathered at Chester Racecourse to release yellow balloons adorned with handwritten messages to guide her home. The search for sport-mad Rebecca, known as Bex or Becky, ended last week but her family remain hopeful that she is alive.

More: http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/101187/family-and-friends-gather-at-vigil-for-rebecca.aspx

'I feel like Rebecca is alive' say parents

The parents of a Chester woman who went missing from a Disney cruise ship she was working on say they 'feel like Rebecca is alive.'

More: http://www.heart.co.uk/wrexham/news/local/feel-rebecca-alive-say-parents/

Awww, I so want that to be true, but unless she left the ship when it docked and is still wandering around at one of the ports of call, then I just don't see how it's possible. She's been missing for more than a month now.

This is a sad story but keep in mind cruise ships are like floating cities. What if she was left at port and the boat left? What if she is still on it? What about the sea that's a lot of ocean but I am sure a US search plane tracing the route would have found her by now. The family feels like she's alive and I think that speaks volumes it's important to stay positive this could have a happy ending

What the cruise line is doing to the family is criminal. I would sue them dry (for principle, not to bring their daughter back). G-d bless the family and Rebecca.

What the cruise line is doing to the family is criminal. I would sue them dry (for principle, not to bring their daughter back). G-d bless the family and Rebecca.

I'm sure the parents would rather have their daughter back than they would a sum of money. Not sure the cruise line is acting in a criminal manner either. JMO.

Anytime there is an investigation, LE has a right not to release sensitive info.

Family's hope: Missing cruise girl’s credit card used... so is she still alive?
More than a month after a British cruise-line worker disappeared at sea, renewed activity on her bank account has given her family hope that she may still be alive.
---
But last week her mother Anne received an email from her daughter’s bank reporting ‘financial activity’ on Rebecca’s account in the weeks since.

Rebecca’s father Mike said: ‘This could be a very significant development. The fact that her credit card’s been used could only mean someone has stolen it or she’s still alive.'
more at Daily Mail link above

One possibility is that the credit card is set to pay things automatically. If they have yet to find the credit cards and her id etc. it's unlikely she "jumped"

One possibility is that the credit card is set to pay things automatically. If they have yet to find the credit cards and her id etc. it's unlikely she "jumped"

Doesn't sound like it was an automatic payment from the wording in the article, however.

"Speaking at the family home in Chester, Mr Coriam said he was keeping the exact details of activity on the account confidential to avoid hampering police enquiries."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-s-credit-card-used--alive.html#ixzz1L8Ggimzr

I agree it's unlikely she would have taken her wallet & ID if she deliberately went overboard. However, if she isn't alive and these items are missing, who has them? MOO

What is the schedule of the people working on the cruise ship?

I would think it would be possible to determine if it could have been one of them. Based on where and when the card was used. If it was used in a location that they couldn't have been in at a time they couldn't have been there.

Then at that point you have to start verifying where everybody was at the time the card was used... unfortunately I don't see them doing that much work in this case.

What is the schedule of the people working on the cruise ship?

I would think it would be possible to determine if it could have been one of them. Based on where and when the card was used. If it was used in a location that they couldn't have been in at a time they couldn't have been there.

Then at that point you have to start verifying where everybody was at the time the card was used... unfortunately I don't see them doing that much work in this case.

If someone else other than Rebecca used the credit card, it appears to be a brazen act considering she's been missing for over a month. Obviously, however, the card remained active with the hope that it would be used which could lead to some answers regarding her disappearance. I just can't figure out if she is alive how she got off the ship unless she had found a very good place to hide until it docked, but then again, why? :waitasec: MOO

Another missing person from a cruise

KFINEWS KFI NEWS
Coast Guard searching waters off San Diego and Mexico for 65-year-old woman reported missing from cruise ship Celebrity Millennium.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=13528676

A cruise line said Wednesday a passenger was seen jumping overboard as the ship headed toward San Diego. Closed-circuit video aboard the Celebrity Millennium shows the woman climbed over a railing Monday night and let go, Celebrity Cruises said.

The ship staff learned she was missing when she failed to disembark in San Diego on Tuesday morning and couldn't be found onboard. The company said the ship's GPS satellite marked the location where the guest went overboard. The Coast Guard was searching the area.

The woman, whose name was not released, was seen alone on the video, said Cynthia Martinez, a spokeswoman for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which owns Celebrity. The woman was traveling with her older brother.

Martinez didn't know where the passenger jumped but said coordinates were provided to the Coast Guard. The ship had docked in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Sunday and made its next and final stop in San Diego. The voyage began April 18 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and went through the Panama Canal.

Very strange about the credit card and very sad about the woman who jumped overboard. I can't imagine taking a cruise with this intent, wonder if something happened or if she was depressed and it just caught up with her while on board. Very sad, in any event.

I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped. My friend was a spa staff on Royal Caribbean. They are overworked, underpaid and have little to do on their off time other than drink and hook up with other crew members.

Westerners take these jobs to run away from things at home or relationships. Then they find themselves on this floating prison working 12 hours a day.

It would seem obvious that if Rebecca was still on board the ship, she would have been noticed by now; whether by a need for food and necessities or if she is deceased, by what happens to a body.....

But did she stay on board and then get off the ship the next day?
If so, why not call her parents and say, I am okay, but will stay here for awhile.

And it seems she is Catholic?...if so, would she really kill herself?

If the friend she called seemed 'fragile' when the parents go to talk with her,
have they been in touch since? Has the friend called them? Or ?
Is this someone she met on board ship or knew beforehand?

Did she go to the friend's cabin after the phone call?
I am sure security cameras show almost every aspect of the cruise ship.

I agree that someone knows what happened to Rebecca.

If only there was a way to make the cruise line industry and police departments much more accountable to the person missing and their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suza_l
Back