MI - 3-year-old left behind after his own birthday party; parents realize days later

I think most people would make sure to say goodbye before parting ways. But I can also see confusion easily taking over, especially if the dispersing party is chaotic.

At our family get-togethers, "goodbye" is the most chaotic time, and it usually isn't a cut-and-dried "goodbye-I-love-you-kisses-and-hugs," but a lingering, mixing, yakking, edging movement of an entire group toward the door. A lot of times, our kids will decide to go with another family member at the last minute, but the group may hang out for a few minutes after permission...and then sometimes the kids or the adults change their minds, etc., etc..

I'm not trying to stretch for an excuse for this family -- It's just easy for me to envision chaos and confusion leading to a misunderstanding.

While I can see, to an extent, what you're saying, I will have to agree to disagree. :) I just don't see that in this case and have to stretch my brain a little to far to wrap it around that idea.

i can see chaos leading to a 5 minute or so 'omg where's my baby!' and frantic search all over the place for him.......

not 3 days of 'oh well, he/she/they must have them.

I've never gone 3 days without talking to my children and they are 13 and 8. I never went a few hours without talking to them when they were just 3 years old. If they truly made an honest mistake, they are guilty of being lousy parents who clearly don't love their child as much as I love mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back