MI - Aimee Sword for raping son she gave up for adoption, Waterford Twp, 2010

The women was reported to the Police by CPS. They "got" wind of the relationship in the fall after the summer.

Sorry, but blaming the victim is not appropriate. By the way, after the judge reviewed the "evidence", 2 of the charges were not applicable.

They did not find each other, she went searching for him.

I do not believe self serving stories of blaming the victim. She has no emotional affinity or connection to the child and wanted to prove "she loved" him by seducing and raping him.

Sick.....I for one believe the cops and CPS.........

i dont know how this case turned out yet but there is something wrong with this whole scenario. seriously? she tracked down her long lost, troubled son, just to rape him?

its ludicrous.

you all feel free to crucify me if im wrong

im getting that witchunt menatlity feeling again.

when things dont make sense they usually arent true right?

why would she track him down to rape him?

the guy has issues that far predate his bio-mom showing up in his life. but we are suddenly to just take his word cause he claims 'sex abuse' instead of threatning his adoptive parents.......

also if he had issues with his adoptive parents and now makes charges against his bio-mom it wouldnt be hard to conclude that his anger and problems stem from his feelings of abandoment.

Just as I was going to go back a reread all the coverage on this one. I too was concerned this might be a rush to judgment. But when I got to milkymama's link I see that Sword pled guilty. I am just speechless.

If I were accused of such a thing and had not done it, NOTHING could ever make me to decide to plead guilty. NOTHING. Therefore, I must accept and believe that she has done this unspeakable thing.

I just don't understand what the hell the payoff was for this woman. Who does this? What is the thought process going on there?

I agree with you tlcox! Wow - I also was believing some of the noise about the boy having some emotional problems, etc. and maybe not telling the whole truth?

I hope her sentence is a very long one! July 20th appears to be the sentencing date from the article above.

Salem

After I read the article that Spangle linked earlier I decided to just wait this one out on the fence. It just feels much better to not believe that a mother could be capable of this. Now with the article from milkymama, I just can't find any appropriate words.
According to the article it happened more than once. This woman has no place in society.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/07/waterford_township_woman_gets.html

12 July 2010

Aimee Louise Sword, the 36-year-old Waterford Township woman accused of tracking down the long-lost son she gave up for adoption and having sex with him, is heading to prison.

The Detroit News reports Sword apologized and expressed remorse today moments before Oakland County Circuit Judge Daniel P. O'Brien sentenced her to up to nine years in prison.

more at link

PONTIAC, Mich. - A Detroit-area woman who pleaded guilty to having sex with the biological son she gave up for adoption and later tracked down on the Internet has been sentenced nine years to 30 years in prison.
Thirty-six-year-old Aimee L. Sword of Waterford Township apologized at her sentencing Monday in Oakland County Circuit Court. She had pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in a deal with prosecutors.

BBM - More at link:
http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/por...sroom_portal_page_us_article&_article=2926005

ETA from link: (This version CORRECTS APNewsNow. Corrects prison sentence to 9 years to 30 years instead of up to 9 years. Note nature of allegations.)

Belinda,

I just wanted to post how much I appreciate the time and effort you take to bring us up to date on these older cases.

Thank you very much.

I don't get how our justice system works. 9-30 years for raping your own child.. okay that sounds almost like a reasonable amount of time, but then compare it to the 10-13 years for murdering their own children... How is that right?? Murder is murder but in my opinion it's even worse when they murder their own babies and children. Ugh.. So in the justice system murder and rape get the same small sentences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back