MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, could LE's statement about the victim knowing (paraphrasing) the assailant be another way to say that the attack looks personal? All along, I've assumed that some piece of physical evidence suggested a connection to the shooter, but is it also possible that the number of shots fired suggests an emotional reaction that led to the impression of "overkill?" Only one blast led to her demise, but multiple shots were taken.

The shooter may not have known her (in the traditional sense), but even a random encounter could lead to an impulsive, violent act, in the moment.

All speculation, and IMO :confused:

They are difficult to find. Here's one case (the murder of Cynthia Langrall) where the victim was shot and killed while jogging by someone she knew.

Man who killed jogger plotted to harm victim's husband
Terrible, sad story with very little follow up since shooter killed himself. Revenge killings do happen, but usually the person who has enraged the attacker is killed, not their spouse.

However, a kinda sorta similar revenge-themed killing/suicide happened a few weeks ago when a wife killed her rival then herself. She wanted to hurt her husband emotionally by taking away his new love, not his life. Then she killed herself, although she arrived in town with a disguise (did she change her mind after the murder?). It seemed unusual because both women were successful, ambitious professionals. The wife texted her husband minutes before from inside the rivals home as she lay in wait (an enclosed, indoor space, not outside). He was waiting for the new love at a restaurant. Planned for weeks. I do wonder whether she was trying to lure husband there to kill him, too, but the timing didn't work out. He arrived on the scene shortly thereafter. ANYWAY, I'm getting off track...
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/24/pennsylvania-murder-suicide-involves-delaware-woman/545135002/

The connection to this case seems tenuous in terms of circumstances. I don't see this case as that type of revenge murder because no motive seems evident. Only if we stretchhhh could we speculate about Florida guy's love life and wonder if he had a girlfriend who took offense, but that seems ridiculous. And how would she know the route? Ally's ex lied to police about certain details--which ones and why? The police didn't elaborate, unfortunately, but if one has no connection to the crime, why lie at such an important time?

Terrible, sad story with very little follow up since shooter killed himself. Revenge killings do happen, but usually the person who has enraged the attacker is killed, not their spouse.

However, a kinda sorta similar revenge-themed killing/suicide happened a few weeks ago when a wife killed her rival then herself. She wanted to hurt her husband emotionally by taking away his new love, not his life. Then she killed herself, although she arrived in town with a disguise (did she change her mind after the murder?). It seemed unusual because both women were successful, ambitious professionals. The wife texted her husband minutes before from inside the rivals home as she lay in wait (an enclosed, indoor space, not outside). He was waiting for the new love at a restaurant. Planned for weeks. I do wonder whether she was trying to lure husband there to kill him, too, but the timing didn't work out. He arrived on the scene shortly thereafter. ANYWAY, I'm getting off track...
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/24/pennsylvania-murder-suicide-involves-delaware-woman/545135002/

The connection to this case seems tenuous in terms of circumstances. I don't see this case as that type of revenge murder because no motive seems evident. Only if we stretchhhh could we speculate about Florida guy's love life and wonder if he had a girlfriend who took offense, but that seems ridiculous. And how would she know the route? Ally's ex lied to police about certain details--which ones and why? The police didn't elaborate, unfortunately, but if one has no connection to the crime, why lie at such an important time?
What did the Ex-bf lie about?

What did the Ex-bf lie about?
No indication what WS lied about, only that LE thinks he did.

From the Crime Watch Daily feature:
Police had grown suspicious of Wes Sutherland from the first time they interviewed him, believing he was lying and withholding information.

"We know that sometimes he's not absolutely truthful, but maybe he's not absolutely truthful with everybody, not just us," said Lt. Shaw.

And speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with Crime Watch Daily, Wes Sutherland admits he did fail one of two police polygraph tests.

"They said that the first one was inconclusive, and then they said that I failed the second one," said Sutherland.

Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road

No indication what WS lied about, only that LE thinks he did.

From the Crime Watch Daily feature:
Police had grown suspicious of Wes Sutherland from the first time they interviewed him, believing he was lying and withholding information.

"We know that sometimes he's not absolutely truthful, but maybe he's not absolutely truthful with everybody, not just us," said Lt. Shaw.

And speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with Crime Watch Daily, Wes Sutherland admits he did fail one of two police polygraph tests.

"They said that the first one was inconclusive, and then they said that I failed the second one," said Sutherland.

Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road
Ok well I wonder what LE think he was not absolutely truthful about?

That article is very interesting. LE admit that failing a polygraph doesn't mean WS killed AB. Also, WS mentions a male co-worker in addition to FB. LE haven't been able to verify the alibi of WS but also admits everyone is a suspect who knew AB.

Last edited:
Ok well I wonder what LE think he was not absolutely truthful about?

That article is very interesting. LE admit that failing a polygraph doesn't mean WS killed AB. Also, WS mentions a male co-worker in addition to FB. LE haven't been able to verify the alibi of WS but also admits everyone is a suspect who knew AB.

Have you watched the videos that accompany the CWD article? There are two segments - worthwhile viewing for anyone interested in the case. Franz and Nikki Brueger are interviewed in one part, Wes Sutherland in the other.

The videos didn't show up in the article for me - it was very basic text that I could read. I may be able to find them on youtube.

I don't find the fact that the father told the mother to get over it and get on with life, surprising at all. I had a child die and my husband, a man not given to showing his feelings, tell me almost the same. Some men seem to have the ability to not think about things that they find emotional.

The shooter may not have known her (in the traditional sense), but even a random encounter could lead to an impulsive, violent act, in the moment.

All speculation, and IMO :confused:

I can imagine a few different scenarios, but one similar to this is the one I believe is most likely. I haven't ruled the others out. It's just that this is the one I give the greatest possibility. Maybe he saw her jogging and made sexually inappropriate comment and flipped him off. After she goes past he stews and gets madder then gets in his car after her.

LE has stated she knew her killer. Unless, she gave someone a name or other clue before she died that LE knows about, I'm leaning toward the murderer being a stranger.

A thought: Maybe, the killer called A.'s name to stop her and maybe the property owner who heard a car door also heard this? One could think because of that, the killer and Ally were known to each other.

A thought: Maybe, the killer called A.'s name to stop her and maybe the property owner who heard a car door also heard this? One could think but that policeman, whomever he is does not look very bright to me.

I can imagine a few different scenarios, but one similar to this is the one I believe is most likely. I haven't ruled the others out. It's just that this is the one I give the greatest possibility. Maybe he saw her jogging and made sexually inappropriate comment and flipped him off. After she goes past he stews and gets madder then gets in his car after her.

LE has stated she knew her killer. Unless, she gave someone a name or other clue before she died that LE knows about, I'm leaning toward the murderer being a stranger.
I am leaning to the other way

Yeah I thought that. He virtually went thru every scenario didn't he? could be road rage, someone she knew, someone random and he was state police not just the local guy, I think. He did not inspire me with confidence.

:moo: :cow:

A thought: Maybe, the killer called A.'s name to stop her and maybe the property owner who heard a car door also heard this? One could think because of that, the killer and Ally were known to each other.

Sorry to hear that. Some people can say things like that and just try to mean well.

I don't find the fact that the father told the mother to get over it and get on with life, surprising at all. I had a child die and my husband, a man not given to showing his feelings, tell me almost the same. Some men seem to have the ability to not think about things that they find emotional.

While my nephew struggled with the educational, emotional, and social aspects of Asperger's from elementary through high school, his father (my sister's ex) would tell him to "pull himself up by his bootstraps" and get on with his life. His father had no idea what having Asperger's meant and didn't want his son to be branded with the anomaly. Maybe the lack of empathy is a military trait: Ex-brother-in-law served in VietNam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21