GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

If he was covering for someone else, it's a huge price to pay. To me he seems like the type that would rat somebody else out to save his own butt, not even sure he would do it for a family member. It would be so easy for him to strike up a deal for himself if he had information on this case. He has past convictions, while 2 of those is for failure to pay child support, they were felony convictions. He's not gonna just get a hand slap on these drug charges, if he had information on someone else that might then turn this into a hand slap. If there is something more that he has been doing, I still think some kind of deal would help that out to. They obviously do not have enough to charge anybody for the murder, so deals would seem likely.

I do think it's possible that he freaked out with the sketch and motorcycle bit, as that sketch is a dead ringer(IMO). Be hard to prove if you can't cover the time frame with credible witnesses to your whereabouts. He's not an angel, ties to Armada, possibly often in Armada and possibly knows April.

So with this one I'm down to
1. He did it
2. He knows who did it and helped them cover it up, which brings stronger charges against him
3. He is one unlucky guy, in the wrong place at the wrong time and had nothing to do with it, but can't prove it

Say the killer was in a bad mood and takes his motorbike out to blow off steam. He runs across a cute gal in the woods. He says some things.. April blows him off then texts her boyfriend. The killer then attacks April. He wasn't looking for a victim he just found one.

Early in the investigation, someone reported having seen a vehicle - not a scooter or ATV - driving on the trail. This hasn't been mentioned for quite a while. Has it been discounted or proven to not been accurate, or was the vehicle what made April think that someone tried to kidnap her? IIRC, the woman who reported having seen a vehicle on the trail was interviewed by one of the local media outlets. I usually watch Channel 4 (WDIV), so that's probably where I saw it.

the dirty white or grey van? LE said they had located the vehicle and no longer needed to talk to that driver. That vehicle if I remember rightly was being sought as it was seen "near" the trail. I don't remember any other vehicles being looked for.

^ That could be it, but I thought the woman who reported the van to LE said that she had seen it on the trail which doesn't permit motor vehicles.

I think if the killer had a van he would have taken her. It makes sense that he was on a motorbike and assaulted her there.

I think if the killer had a van he would have taken her. It makes sense that he was on a motorbike and assaulted her there.

Unless she put up such a fight that he couldn't get her into the van and ended up killing her there. Van makes sense for an abduction.

On a motorbike it makes no sense that his intention was to abduct her, not in broad day light. What bothers me is she sent that text to her boyfriend, something about she thinks she is about to be abducted. Now if he was on a motorbike, maybe following her or passed her and turned around, abduction would not be what I would text. Be more like "I think I'm about to be attacked".

Now talk is he was around town a lot and that he new April. Maybe he had hit on her before, maybe he drove past her and said something. Maybe he just stopped and started talking to her and she got creeped out and tried to run. Maybe he saw her and decided he was going to sexually attack her, trail was not that busy, woods right there he could drag her in. Maybe she put up such a fight and he ended up killing her. Only ways I can make the motorbike make sense in this, but still bothered by her text.

I know when I was a teen, we had this guy that lived on my street that was close to 30. He hit on all the teen girls in the neighborhood, tried to lure us into his house all the time. My best friend lived right next to him, had to pass his house every time I went to hers, and there he would be saying stuff. Many times when I was passing his house alone, I ran when he said things. But I would not have texted anybody that I think I'm about to be abducted, I would have said creeper guy is about to attack me. My teen years were way back, we didn't have cell phones, and I don't recall anything about registered sex offenders, but this guy we called him the perv.

I wouldn't give to much thought to the text message. I really think the killer sent the text to the boyfriend. If that's true, then the killer DEFINATLY knew her. Or how else would he know who her boyfriend was in her phone. There are so many things that just don't add up. One thing is if he always rode the bike on the trail and April always walked her dog on the trail. He could have planned the whole thing. He could have known the house with the pool was vacant and parked his bike there and waited in the woods till he saw her and then tried to rape her. When he heard people walking he stopped and ran back to his bike and took off, not before first throwing her backpack and dog leash under the pool cover. Then stopping near the lake to text the message to her boyfriend. But then why not toss the phone in the lake??? It's almost like he dropped the phone by accident. I hope LE has a good idea on how this all happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amid all the confusing information lately, my take is that nothing was found in the pool (per the homeowner), a hairbrush was found in nearby brush or bushes and the backpack and leash were found on the south side of the trail near where The body was found.

I read/heard once that April's phone called the VanCallis house several hours before her walk.
I don't know who would have made that call.

It is beginning to look like more than one person was involved in the incident(s).

This is my opinion only and is NOT to be moved or copied anywhere else.

Yeah there was mention of a white or silver van but I can't remember which color. I believe the owner/s were contacted and cleared, hopefully someone can come along with links.

IIRC the van was not on the trail, but seen nearby. There was a "still" capture of the van from a surveillance cam nearby.

Amid all the confusing information lately, my take is that nothing was found in the pool (per the homeowner), a hairbrush was found in nearby brush or bushes and the backpack and leash were found on the south side of the trail near where The body was found.

I read/heard once that April's phone called the VanCallis house several hours before her walk.
I don't know who would have made that call.

It is beginning to look like more than one person was involved in the incident(s).

This is my opinion only and is NOT to be moved or copied anywhere else.

how was this missed originally?

i mean in the original search....when her body was found. it seems they should have recovered these items immediately.

When I was looking for the photo of the van that was seen near the crime scene, I noticed in several early media reports that LE "believed that they knew who did this and that the killer knew it". Did LE speak too soon and later determine that they didn't really "have their man"? :waitasec:

i mean in the original search....when her body was found. it seems they should have recovered these items immediately.

I though so also. I believe they used tracking dogs. I would have thought the dogs would have led them to these items if they were at that location.

About 50 uniformed and reserve Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies were joined by FBI agents and others combing through brush on the Macomb Orchard Trail near Depot and Fulton streets in Armada. Others walked along nearby side streets.

They finished the three-hour search at about 5 p.m. It did not appear that much, if anything, was found.

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2014/09/20/armada_times/doc5419982b26d07470952313.txt

and now we go back to the trail near Depot and Fulton. This is the area where I originally thought April's body had been found. Then reports seemed to place her body being found further up the trail somewhere between Liberty Lane and Omo Rd. So why were LE back over by Fulton and Depot?

I wonder just how much misreporting has been taking place and for how long on this case? I am now unsure again about where April was found and it matters a great deal in my speculations on how the killer accomplished this murder, made his escape and where evidence was later found. :sigh: Really wish we could be sure of our "facts" in this case but they seem to vary greatly from news source to news source.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=42.838614,-82.882345&spn=0.002687,0.004061

I wonder what it is they are looking for. I haven't heard the dog bowl was found. Did April have jewelry that is missing or keys?

With the different locations of reported evidence found maybe there were two perps.

MOO

I wonder what it is they are looking for. I haven't heard the dog bowl was found. Did April have jewelry that is missing or keys?

With the different locations of reported evidence found maybe there were two perps.

MOO
I think there are 2 perps, too. I wonder if the new searches are based on info given LE by the perp in jail. It would make sense if he had a lesser role in the crime that he would want to work out a plea deal. I really hope that's what is happening, and hope there will be justice for April soon. :moo:

I think there are 2 perps, too. I wonder if the new searches are based on info given LE by the perp in jail. It would make sense if he had a lesser role in the crime that he would want to work out a plea deal. I really hope that's what is happening, and hope there will be justice for April soon. :moo:

I am beginning to think the two perps were not in collusion. Maybe someone approached April to KN her, but the motorbike came along and scared him off. Then after the motorbike took off, April texted and then the KNer who was hiding in the woods came back and hit her with a rock and attempted to rape, then put his boot on her neck and then ran off when he heard another person in the area. So the two persons ran off in different directions leaving evidence in different areas. I think one went towards town and the other towards Omo Rd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back