GUILTY MI - Baby Boy Mitin, newborn, Meridian Township, Dec 2014

IMO, this woman should have never been out on bond. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but a person charged with killing a child should have to wait it out in a jail cell.

If this woman has, indeed, killed two infants, the Courts better make da*n sure she doesn't do it ever again. Lock her up, throw away the key. No male visitors without supervision. :moo:

I cam never wrap my head around newborn murders. Seriously. You can drop your baby off at a hospital, fire station, etc and just walk away. Why? Why literally, just throw your baby away to die in the trash?

WDIV news at 5:00PM: Strong possibility that the baby found at the recycling plant in Roseville is that of Ms. Mitin. DNA tests being expedited by MI crime lab. Results should be available tomorrow. Pickup site near Lansing that delivers trash/recycling to the Roseville plant. Mitin in jail.

Cops checking if dead newborn is missing child

Tom Greenwood, The Detroit News 5:05 p.m. EST January 15, 2015

Roseville — Workers at a recycling center received a sickening shock Wednesday night when they found the body of a newborn. Authorities are working to determine if the body is that of a child who has gone missing in Ingham County.

According to the Roseville Police Department, the body was that of a white male estimated to be one to three days old.

Workers at the center — located in the 30800 block of Groesbeck — were sorting different forms of recyclable materials when at about 11 p.m. a bundle came down the sorting line. When workers opened the bundle, they found the body of the newborn child...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2015/01/15/newborn-body-found/21800333/

Yeah, I am kind of thinking that her parents dont get to claim that one again. Who took her to the Dr? The one that determined she was 35 weeks? And pregnant with a baby boy mind you so someone knew the sex of the child before he was born.

Did Michigan mom throw 2 babies in the trash?

Melissa Mitin already charged with throwing newborn into trash can

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter, @MaraMacDonald

Published On: Jan 15 2015 11:00:00 PM EST Updated 1 h

ROSEVILLE, Mich. -
Roseville police are waiting on DNA evidence to confirm what they suspect, that a baby boy found frozen at a Roseville recycling center is the missing infant of an Okemos woman.

Melissa Mitin, 25, was behind bars Thursday night in Ingham County. Mitin is already charged with throwing her newborn daughter into a trash can, where she asphyxiated in December 2013...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/did-michigan-mom-throw-2-babies-in-the-trash/30749886

Wow! I was not expecting that! I hope they are able to identify and seek justice for this little guy.

They probably haven't been actively searching for the other missing infant because they thought the cases were related :(. I fear that baby will never be found.

Newborn Found Dead at Recycling Center Not Missing Baby
Authorities say the body of a newborn boy found in a suburban Detroit recycling center is not that of a baby missing 85 miles away. Police in Roseville and Meridian Township said Friday that DNA tests show no link between their cases. Authorities this week said that 25-year-old Melissa Mitin told a judge she "could not recall" where her baby boy is. Mitin is charged with murder in Ingham County in the 2013 death of another baby.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/authorities-work-identify-baby-dead-recycling-center-28272609

So just out of curiousity, what kind of oblivious do ya have to be to not realize you're pregnant until 35 weeks, and then also have no clue where the baby is once he's born?

Just, yanno, wondering.

Reward offered after body of newborn found in Roseville

Tom Greenwood, The Detroit News 10:20 a.m. EST January 21, 2015

Roseville — Crime Stoppers has joined with the Roseville Police Department in seeking information about the death of a newborn baby boy whose body was discovered last week at a recycling depot in the city.

Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information about the child, who was found Jan. 15 by workers at the ReCommunity Recycling Depot, located in the 30600 block of Groesbeck...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ffered-body-newborn-found-roseville/22101829/

So just out of curiousity, what kind of oblivious do ya have to be to not realize you're pregnant until 35 weeks, and then also have no clue where the baby is once he's born?

Just, yanno, wondering.

MM knew she was pregnant: The had already given birth once and put the baby in the trash. A WWJ radio reporter said that the family did not discuss sexual matters in their home because it's "against their religion", so Melissa didn't tell her parents that she was pregnant again. Evidently the "religion" condones giving birth and tossing the infant in the garbage :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back