Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #1 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems really strange that a child abduction would happen this way. Something is off, imo.

Suspect #1 - A black male, approx. 6', 190 lbs., wearing a black jacket with a red shirt underneath, dark pants and a brown and black hat, a thin scraggly beard, armed with a blue steel revolver.

Suspect #2 - Undescribed, except that he is said to have exited a small red, boxy-styled car.

To be clear, this would mean that Dad was able to describe the driver of the red car used in the hijacking right down to his pants, but he cannot provide any description at all, (not even gender or race), for the second carjacker who exited the red car. MOO

How did he see the driver's pants? How did he not see the person who got out of the car?

I would refuse to leave a vehicle without reaching over the back seat to get my child. I think that most parents would do the same!

Last but certainly not least, why would carjackers chose to steal a car from a man when there are plenty of cars being driven by more vulnerable victims such as women, teenagers, or older drivers? Why would they risk being seen yelling and gesturing, hoping to pull this man over, instead of approaching a lone driver in a secluded parking area or at a stop light?

It seems really strange that a child abduction would happen this way. Something is off, imo.

I may end up eating crow - or at least my words - but I'm not buying the carjacking tale. Methinks this is a parental abduction and that the carjacking is nothing but a diversion while the dad figures out his next move. jmo

Suspect #1 - A black male, approx. 6', 190 lbs., wearing a black jacket with a red shirt underneath, dark pants and a brown and black hat, a thin scraggly beard, armed with a blue steel revolver.

Suspect #2 - Undescribed, except that he is said to have exited a small red, boxy-styled car.

To be clear, this would mean that Dad was able to describe the driver of the red car used in the hijacking right down to his pants, but he cannot provide any description at all, (not even gender or race), for the second carjacker who exited the red car. MOO

How did he see the driver's pants? How did he not see the person who got out of the car?

I would refuse to leave a vehicle without reaching over the back seat to get my child. I think that most parents would do the same!

Last but certainly not least, why would carjackers chose to steal a car from a man when there are plenty of cars being driven by more vulnerable victims such as women, teenagers, or older drivers? Why would they risk being seen yelling and gesturing, hoping to pull this man over, instead of approaching a lone driver in a secluded parking area or at a stop light?

I would insist on unbuckling my child's car seat and let them shoot me if they must. I think many parents would do the same. I know my husband would. It seems odd that this father did not put up a bigger fight for his baby girl, imo.

So what, the guy in the red car yells at him that something is wrong with his tail lights, he stops, gets out, and then the other guy comes up on him with the gun?
Or they were both in the red car, the driver yelled something, the guy with the gun got out of the red car, and the driver of the red car got out and...did what?

I know, early media, but still.

So what, the guy in the red car yells at him that something is wrong with his tail lights, he stops, gets out, and then the other guy comes up on him with the gun?
Or they were both in the red car, the driver yelled something, the guy with the gun got out of the red car, and the driver of the red car got out and...did what?

I know, early media, but still.

And who gets out of their car at night just to look at the taillights?

ETA; Just realised it was not at night. But point remains the same. Who stops their car in a crummy neighborhood to get out and look at the tail lights?

It says she spent the night with dad...I really hope they search his house, and found out if anyone saw Bianca with him after he got her from her mom. I don't know if it's custody or if possibly something bad had already happened to Bianca, but I'm inclined to not believe the story either.

I might doubt, but I'll wait until either something is found or the chief makes his statements. The media reports are bouncing around so much that it's hard to tell what might be discrepancy from dad, and what is discrepancy in reporting. The chief should have the correct details that dad gave them, so I'll probably get off the fence after he puts out his official statement.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...acking-and-missing-two-year-old#ixzz1fOyULiDq

However, if you watch the video, the police officer they are interviewing actually says black shirt, black pants, no mention of a jacket, five oclock beard, possibly disheveled, and he was the passenger in the red car. About 6 feet tall and 185 pounds.

They say nothing about the driver of the vehicle whatsoever, and say that all they know about the car is it is red.

Police discovered the vehicle she was inside running in an alley west of Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.
Her parents have told police their vehicle was robbed at gunpoint. Bianca's parents are talking with police near where the car was stolen. The girl's father declined comment to the media before leaving in an unmarked police vehicle.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111202...r-child--2--after-car-is-stolen#ixzz1fOzPk1uU

I would not let my baby go that easy, and I wouldn't decline comment when my daughter was missing. I would comment constantly. They'd have to put me in the police car to shut me up!

I may end up eating crow - or at least my words - but I'm not buying the carjacking tale. Methinks this is a parental abduction and that the carjacking is nothing but a diversion while the dad figures out his next move. jmo

The carjacking tale seems odd to me too. Not to be gender biased here, but what guy does any of us know who would pull over if told something was wrong with his tail lights? I don't know a single man that would do that. They'd say thanks, if that, and would continue onto their destination and then check the tail lights when they got wherever they were going.

Have they released the make model and yr of the car that was allegedly carjacked? I'm thinking if it were a newer car, don't most have something on the dash which indicates when a light is malfunctioning?

I'm hoping it is a parental abduction and not a Brandon Lockett type story.

jmo

I would like to know who else saw the baby last night while she was with dad. Did anyone else see her in the morning?

ew, I don't like the look of the street view on google of the alley west of Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia . . .

The carjacking tale seems odd to me too. Not to be gender biased here, but what guy does any of us know who would pull over if told something was wrong with his tail lights? I don't know a single man that would do that. They'd say thanks, if that, and would continue onto their destination and then check the tail lights when they got wherever they were going.

Have they released the make model and yr of the car that was allegedly carjacked? I'm thinking if it were a newer car, don't most have something on the dash which indicates when a light is malfunctioning?

I'm hoping it is a parental abduction and not a Brandon Lockett type story.

jmo

Bianca Jones was in a gray Mercury Marquis

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111202...r-child--2--after-car-is-stolen#ixzz1fP1sUUIo

Police discovered the vehicle she was inside running in an alley west of Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.
Her parents have told police their vehicle was robbed at gunpoint. Bianca's parents are talking with police near where the car was stolen. The girl's father declined comment to the media before leaving in an unmarked police vehicle.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111202...r-child--2--after-car-is-stolen#ixzz1fOzPk1uU

I would not let my baby go that easy, and I wouldn't decline comment when my daughter was missing. I would comment constantly. They'd have to put me in the police car to shut me up!

Her parents, as in mom and dad were in the car? The car was found running but no baby? Earlier MSM reports said the car was found with no signs of the suspect or the child. By no signs does that mean the childs car seat was taken too? :waitasec:

ew, I don't like to look of the street view on google of the alley west of Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia . . .

Even if I drove on freeways any more, I would never venture into that area alone or at night. Not a nice part of Detroit once you get away from the Fisher Theatre and a couple of restaurants on Grand Blvd.

And who gets out of their car at night just to look at the taillights?

Ok.
I would have waved thanks..and kept on moving. I might be eating some crow as well...but I think this is fishy too. I'm confused...so Mom and Dad were together when this happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean