GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pool has morphed from a small kiddie pool to an above ground pool that boyfriend was cleaning? At 10pm??

IMO an "error in judgement" is wearing open toed shoes in a snowstorm, getting a little too tipsy at a party and telling your friend what you really think about her husband or yelling at your boss while at work.

Bringing a convicted felon into your home after knowing him for one month and allowing said felon to watch your child for hours at a time is much more than an error in judgement. If your child ends-up missing and/or dead, this is criminal negligence and should be charged as such.

In these days of online people searches and social media, anyone can search prospective dates/partners and get their backgrounds in less than 15 minutes.

Being a parent is a responsibility. If a girl/woman isn't ready to put her child first and take on ALL the bags and baggage that comes with parenting she should put her child up for adoption.

ETA: I was a single mother until my son was 3.5 years old. This entire post is IMO

At the time I made that post, I was not aware that the b/f was a convicted felon, or how long she had known him. I was responding to posts that were generalizing the subject of single moms and boyfriends, not specifically THIS case. It just seems to me that people are too quick to jump to conclusions before they know what is really going on.
Hope this makes it a little more clear.

I agree... but we don't know that this little boy was murdered, nor that the boyfriend had anything to do with it. Until we have more facts, I'm not going to judge the mother's choice of friends.

Her current live in boyfriend is an ex felon whom she has been "dating" for 7 months. This is who she chose to leave her son with. Maybe it is time to start holding moms accountable when they place their kids in harms way. It's really not that difficult.

FWIW, I have not seen any media indicating it was a small kiddie pool. Nor have I seen verification AB is a convicted felon. There is a link somewhere within the thread with info from the MI dept of corrections, with charges and that he was guilty. But I don't know if those were felony charges or misdemeanor charges.

We should be careful in what we are stating as fact, or opinion.

Authorities gathered this morning to reassess what areas to focus on in the search for 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain, a Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe member who has been missing since Thursday night.
Frank Cloutier, the tribe’s public relations director, said the search has now been pared down to authorities and professional groups. They have no new information to work with in the case, as the person of interest — the man who is dating Chamberlain’s mother — has not been forthcoming.
“He’s being less than cooperative,” Cloutier said. “He’s not taking it seriously.”

The FBI has joined the investigation since felonies committed on reservations fall under the agency’s jurisdiction.

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/article_12c7fbfc-bed1-11e1-8186-001a4bcf887a.html

I'd like to know why AB was cleaning the pool at 10 o'clock at night. I don't like the sound of that. at. all.

Unless things have changed ,which I doubt. In order to obtain a D.O.C number at the state level , you have to be convicted of 1 or more felonies and sent to a state prison. The bf/AB has a D.O.C. number......And he's not taking what seriously?! There is a four year old child missing. The kid needs to stop playing games and tell the truth. He knows, he's just buying time. .......in my opinion.......

If you go to vinelink and click on MI on the map and then go to court cases, there are 2 cases with the same name as the BF, one in Tuscola county and one in Isabella county. Both state guilty, however you are unable to tell what type of case it is.There are some charges on otis against the same person that appears to be him. http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=784837
for: Police Officer - Assault/Resist/Obstruct - Attempt and Police Officer - Fleeing - Fourth Degree - Vehicle Code. All took place in Isabella county and it states he is Native American.

bumping post.

Uggh....just infuriates me to no end because he probably won't be at all forthcoming with answers during interrogations, too busy covering his arse.

According to MI corrections the two cases he has are both felonies, it states he plead the charges down but to end up on otis you have to have a felony. Thanks

Frank Cloutier, the tribe’s public relations director, said the search has now been pared down to authorities and professional groups. They have no new information to work with in the case, as the person of interest — the man who is dating Chamberlain’s mother — has not been forthcoming.

“He’s being less than cooperative,” Cloutier said. “He’s not taking it seriously.”

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/article_12c7fbfc-bed1-11e1-8186-001a4bcf887a.html
So no more volunteers will be searching. IIRC they formed a 1 mile search radius? Hopefully they are expanding that today.

I wonder what Cloutier means, Bennett is not taking this seriously?

In metro-Detroit we are preparing for fireworks tonight as part of the joint US/Canada freedom celebration.

Carnel should be out playing in the summer night watching fireflies, playing with friends, and catching some fireworks.

I don't think I have ever WISHED a 4 y.o. had run away......

So no more volunteers will be searching. IIRC they formed a 1 mile search radius? Hopefully they are expanding that today.

I wonder what Cloutier means, Bennett is not taking this seriously?

Am I reading into this? Does the fact that they do not want "volunteers" mean they are most likely not looking for a live Carnel???

What has anyone seen in other cases when they stop volunteers from searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike