GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

Thanks to all who posted and commented on the photo of Carnel. It's clear bruises exist on his face, and rib area. I too notice the redness. I couldn't tell if the redness was a result of the quality of the photo or some kind of skin condition (excema, or dryness of sometype?).

There are a few things I keep going back to... First, it's not like this guy had any legal rights to Carnel. Why on earth would she invite him back into their lives after his 15 day stint in jail in May of this year? And which, if any of the (alleged) abuse for which AB has been charged occured PRIOR to AB's 15 day stint in jail?

Additionally, what's the hold up on murder charges?

I look at Carnel's beautiful face and ask myself, how could anyone do this to a child? It's really a shame AB can't be sentenced to death by the same manner he (allegedly) murdered Carnel.

A last thought. How to people with AB's potential, (allegedly) murder and burn little children get a pass through probation on the rez in Isabella county? Or did the probation officer discharge AB from probation before he and Carnel's mother obtained custody of him?

Lot's of questions. God, I pray murder charges come soon and a swift speedy trial. AB deserves whatever he gets.

I have a feeling who had custody and why will be a factor in this tragic case. I have read that Carnel until very very recently lived with his maternal grandmother. IF TRUE, either JC recently moved out taking this angel with her, or she had already been living apart from he and her mother and recently decided to take him to live with her.

I think as this case evolves we will learn more about Carnel's life before AB was a daily part of it and Carnel's life after AB was.

I have no links to back this thought up (it is simply my feel based on reading here and elsewhere for how this is going to shake out) but I have a feeling Carnel was a pawn in a childish game played by the grown ups around him.

how very sad for this handsome little boy. How very sad indeed.

I have a feeling who had custody and why will be a factor in this tragic case. I have read that Carnel until very very recently lived with his maternal grandmother. IF TRUE, either JC recently moved out taking this angel with her, or she had already been living apart from he and her mother and recently decided to take him to live with her.

I think as this case evolves we will learn more about Carnel's life before AB was a daily part of it and Carnel's life after AB was.

I have no links to back this thought up (it is simply my feel based on reading here and elsewhere for how this is going to shake out) but I have a feeling Carnel was a pawn in a childish game played by the grown ups around him.

how very sad for this handsome little boy. How very sad indeed.

:goodpost:

There appears to be an 'interesting' dynamic there. Too much 'he said, she said'. IMHO

I am sure this has probably been posted but I have only just begun to follow Carnel's case within the last couple of days so the complaint against AB is new to me, as are the details of JC telling investigators that she had witnessed some abuse. Forgive me if I am covering old ground.

http://media.mlive.com/saginawnews_impact/other/Bennett complaint.pdf

ETA poor little man. To read it and to know JC knew of escalating abuse makes me very angry :burn: Sorry, but I cannot help it.

I've never seen those kind of lumps under his arms -- any idea what those are?

ToosieJoie33, lot's of people have that. It's excess breast tissue. It's usually more noticable on someone with a little extra body weight.

It's more pronounced on Carnel than I'd expect to see on a thin child. However, holding his arms in the position he is may have caused that area to appear more pronounced.

I wonder if it's "the brother" who introduced JC to AB?

You got me. (shrug)

I am not familiar with all the players in this case yet. I know he seems not to have anything good to say about him now but I have no idea if these two men were previously friends or acquainted prior to AB and JC getting together.

I am sure this has probably been posted but I have only just begun to follow Carnel's case within the last couple of days so the complaint against AB is new to me, as are the details of JC telling investigators that she had witnessed some abuse. Forgive me if I am covering old ground.

http://media.mlive.com/saginawnews_impact/other/Bennett complaint.pdf

ETA poor little man. To read it and to know JC knew of escalating abuse makes me very angry :burn: Sorry, but I cannot help it.

It makes me angry, too. JC's accounts of the abuse seem to match up pretty well with the photo we've seen, too. I'm not ready to blame family members for not stepping in, either. From what the uncle has said, JC was mad at her mom when she took took Carnel and wasn't letting her speak with her grandchild. I have no way of knowing if what the uncle said is true, but no reason to believe it's not true as it fits with what has been reported in the media and what was revealed in the complaint. All MOO

It makes me angry, too. JC's accounts of the abuse seem to match up pretty well with the photo we've seen, too. I'm not ready to blame family members for not stepping in, either. From what the uncle has said, JC was mad at her mom when she took took Carnel and wasn't letting her speak with her grandchild. I have no way of knowing if what the uncle said is true, but no reason to believe it's not true as it fits with what has been reported in the media and what was revealed in the complaint. All MOO

Abusers are very good at covering up the abuse and many times threaten the victim if they tell the truth.

Poor kid. It kills me to think how afraid he must've been being left alone with this monster.

Thanks to all who posted and commented on the photo of Carnel. It's clear bruises exist on his face, and rib area. I too notice the redness. I couldn't tell if the redness was a result of the quality of the photo or some kind of skin condition (excema, or dryness of sometype?).

There are a few things I keep going back to... First, it's not like this guy had any legal rights to Carnel. Why on earth would she invite him back into their lives after his 15 day stint in jail in May of this year? And which, if any of the (alleged) abuse for which AB has been charged occured PRIOR to AB's 15 day stint in jail?

Additionally, what's the hold up on murder charges?

I look at Carnel's beautiful face and ask myself, how could anyone do this to a child? It's really a shame AB can't be sentenced to death by the same manner he (allegedly) murdered Carnel.

A last thought. How do people with AB's potential, (allegedly) murder and burn little children get a pass through probation on the rez in Isabella county? Or did the probation officer discharge AB from probation before he and Carnel's mother obtained custody of him?

Lot's of questions. God, I pray murder charges come soon and a swift speedy trial. AB deserves whatever he gets.
BBBM
I wonder the same thing, why hasn't be been charged? We know by Sierra and Mickey that they can charge someone with murder with no body-and its very evident IMO that this child did not do this to himself-charge the creep and quit wasting time and money. MOO

Using this post as a springboard.

Though, I think a family member lives next door to where Carnel, AB and his mother resided. Why wouldn't this family member (not mom and not the brother posting on FB) check on Carnel if things were concerning regarding AB? IIRC, per MSM, JC's great aunt lives next door to where she, AB and Carnel resided. Better stated, someone called a great aunt by MSM lives next door to the home from which Carnel disappeared.

I get the whole not pissing in your own back yard thing, but then why not an anonymous call to child protective services? Or why not a call to AB's probation officer? If people warned JC about this guy, why stop at warning the person who clearly has no clue and is incapable of acting on those concerns, or seeing those concerns because she was in love? I'm not blaming them, just asking the questions outloud I think many are asking.

BBBM
I wonder the same thing, why hasn't be been charged? We know by Sierra and Mickey that they can charge someone with murder with no body-and its very evident IMO that this child did not do this to himself-charge the creep and quit wasting time and money. MOO

Right now my best guess is reasonable doubt. If the defense can cause enough reasonable doubt that mom did it and that causes an acquital, clearly they need more time. As frustrating as that is.......

Just thinking outloud.... If Carnel's maternal grandmother raised him, did she have legal custody or guardianship?

When it became known Jaimee became involved with a felon who is currently an addict (per msm info that he failed numerous court ordered urine drops in 2012) why wasn't this information taken to court for the family raising Carnel to gain legal custody? Or terminate his mothers parental rights? Or to limit her access along with AB's access to Carnel?

So many questions.....

Just thinking outloud.... If Carnel's maternal grandmother raised him, did she have legal custody or guardianship?

When it became known Jaimee became involved with a felon who is currently an addict (per msm info that he failed numerous court ordered urine drops in 2012) why wasn't this information taken to court for the family raising Carnel to gain legal custody? Or terminate his mothers parental rights? Or to limit her access along with AB's access to Carnel?

So many questions.....

Too many questions and when there is 3rd and 4th hand information it can't be considered reliable.

I'm still reeling from the post by Jamies' brother TC beside the petition in tlcox post #31.

It sounds to me like he did some real soul-searching to be able to write that - I don't see vengeance or hate, just a need to step up and tell the truth on behalf of his nephew.

I wish him all the best during these tough times.

Too many questions and when there is 3rd and 4th hand information it can't be considered reliable.

I see your point, however I don't think the information that both mom and AB have serious addiction problems is unreliable. AB's failed urine drops don't lie. Previous court involvement with Jaimee having serious addiction problems when Carnel was born don't lie. That is not 3rd or 4th hand information.

Because of the addiction problems what measures were in place to ensure Carnel's safety in the event those caring for him relapsed and continued their substance abuse? Addiction and severe drug and or alcohol abuse is a valid reason for CPS involvement and it is quite evident by previous court history it is a valid documented concern in this childs life. The addiction, imo, led to poor decision making leading to the abuse which eventually led to Carnel's murder.

So many questions.....

too little is known right now about the custody situation to answer. Based on some things I've read, it was only a matter of weeks that Carnel was residing with JC and AB. I do not know if that information is factual, simply that it is out there. IF it indeed turns out to be the case, grandma may not have had time to attempt to intervene or alter the path if she had no legal claim to him to begin with. Weeks is not much time to investigate the hows, file the needed documents and get a hearing regarding custodial changes requested.

Also I have no idea how this sort of family law is handled when it comes to living on native lands and being a member of the native community.

Jacie can probably answer if there are differences in how matters may differ in their handling and processes when it comes to tribal life.

Carnels family was really upset when Jaimee had his head shaved....Carnel apparently loved his hair so much. TC thinks AB had it done....

I had the thought that it was in an effort to make Carnel 'a man'
Maybe AB thought the hair to girly for a male.Or it could have been punishment against Carnel for one reason or another.
We all know abusers don't need much reason to act out against others.
Just one more insult for Carnel.His hair was beautiful as was he.

IMO

too little is known right now about the custody situation to answer. Based on some things I've read, it was only a matter of weeks that Carnel was residing with JC and AB. I do not know if that information is factual, simply that it is out there. IF it indeed turns out to be the case, grandma may not have had time to attempt to intervene or alter the path if she had no legal claim to him to begin with. Weeks is not much time to investigate the hows, file the needed documents and get a hearing regarding custodial changes requested.

Also I have no idea how this sort of family law is handled when it comes to living on native lands and being a member of the native community.

Jacie can probably answer if there are differences in how matters may differ in their handling and processes when it comes to tribal life.

Good points and comments. I don't know that child protective services differs much on reservations than does in general.

And I am really not sure how much time it would take in a case in which abuse and or neglect was already founded by child protective services. We already know abuse and or neglect was founded by the courts in Carnel's case. Moving through the system, should a report have come in once JC became involved with AB, based on his documented criminal history and drug use, should not have taken as much time as it may have with a child who has never been in the system previously.

At least that is how I would hope child protective services works.

Good points and comments. I don't know that child protective services differs much on reservations than does in general.

And I am really not sure how much time it would take in a case in which abuse and or neglect was already founded by child protective services. We already know abuse and or neglect was founded by the courts in Carnel's case. Moving through the system, should a report have come in once JC became involved with AB, based on his documented criminal history and drug use, should not have taken as much time as it may have with a child who has never been in the system previously.

At least that is how I would hope child protective services works.

BBM I don't know that I believe CPS (or at least the current system of it as it exists today) works at all :(

Sorry, back on topic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back