MI - Elias Abuelazam, Serial killer on loose in Flint, targeting elderly men

Who knows how many people this guy stabbed. He even stabbed a friend....

Elias Abuelazam was believed to have stabbed a close acquaintance during an argument in a parked car in central Israel about six months ago. The commander said police dropped the case because the victim refused to cooperate with investigators.
The official said he and the close acquaintance got into an argument and Abuelazam pulled out a screwdriver and stabbed the other man in the face.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5irfe65muYT9Aks_AYCEx8xr7xwVAD9HIOBV80

It sounds like this guy is going to have quite a long history of violent behavior. I never understand why these things seem go unabated until it escalates to something really horrific. They need to start doing some pre-emptive work.

Wow, I was just thinking they need to look through any unsolved stabbing/screwdriver/hammer/etc incidents in ALL the places he has lived his entire life. His victims and their families deserve the truth.

I find it interesting that the the only victim to say that he was Middle Eastern was the guy here in Toledo, which was different than everyone else's caucasian. Particularly since the alleged attackers neighbor said that she would have called police sooner on him, but the police were saying he was white, not Middle Eastern. I think that LE has GOT to start putting everything on the composites that the witnesses/victims have said, and perhaps they would be caught sooner. There was no reason that it couldn't have gone out after the attack in Toledo that THIS victim stated he was Middle Eastern. He also has a prominent cleft in his chin..I wonder if any vics reported that but it didn't make it to the composite either. Regardless, the Middle Eastern report should have been more widely spread.

Does anyone know, when they do a composite and decide to go with it, are they culling from ALL the victims, or do they get input from all the vics? If one victim says he is sure he had a cleft chin, but no one else says that, do they leave it off the composite then? Just curious

http://www.freep.com/article/20100812/NEWS06/100812003

Since when is Middle Eastern not caucasian? Or not white? I hadn't interpreted it that way. [The following definition was used in the 2000 US Census: "White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."]

I DO recognize that the meanings of these terms are interpreted differently by different people, particularly in a cultural context.

If I was being brutally attacked in the dark and the police were pushing me for any identifying info and I didn't really get a good look, (the ball cap would have been shading his face) I might have, at most been able to respond to the question, was he black or white? I'm not sure if I could have identified further details of ethnicity.

I appreciate what you are saying jashrema, in that the more detail the better! But, again, I'm going to guess that in stressful, dark situations that LE is going to get varying descriptions/interpretations (just like you and I had) and they are going to go with the common denominator.

Every bit of extra info would help though, wouldn't it?

His record, which I posted previously, identified him as white.

Police: Israeli man suspected in US stabbing spree is also suspect in attack in hometown
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/14/police-israeli-man-suspected-stabbing-spree-suspect-attack-hometown/

A man accused of going on a stabbing spree across three U.S. states and who was once suspected in a stabbing near his hometown in Israel has baffled profilers, who say murder does not appear to have been his goal.

So it remains a mystery as to what drove Elias Abuelazam, who relatives described as a shy man from a respected family who had recently become despondent.

He said news of the arrest had devastated Abuelazam's mother, who was excitedly waiting for a text message to pick her son up at the airport when she heard the news. "She couldn't stand up ... She was hysterical," he said.

A senior police commander said Abuelazam was believed to have stabbed a close acquaintance in the face with a screwdriver during an argument in a parked car about six months ago. The commander said police dropped the case because the victim refused to cooperate with investigators.

He said Israeli police would request samples of Abuelazam's DNA to investigate unsolved stabbings in the Ramle area. The city is known as a violent hot spot of drug activity.

Belinda, Have you tried looking for records using Elias Abu Elazam? (This name was on tax records for the home he and wife owned in VA) I am not very good at record searching and have searched under Abuelazam but have found nothing re his 2008 incarceration in Loudon. I am looking for his incarceration/release dates. If anyone finds any information about this I would greatly appreciate it!

TIA

wm

Nothing on the new name. All I have on the incarceration is:

Offense Date: 10/19/2007
Arrest Date: 12/17/2007
Disposition Date: 04/24/2008

Offense: False Report/Summon to Police
Sentence: 6 months with 5 months suspended

No record of actual incarceration dates. I will keep checking.

ETA: I located the court record for the above case, but it gives no further information than what I have already listed.

Nothing on the new name. All I have on the incarceration is:

Offense Date: 10/19/2007
Arrest Date: 12/17/2007
Disposition Date: 04/24/2008

Offense: False Report/Summon to Police
Sentence: 6 months with 5 months suspended

No record of actual incarceration dates. I will keep checking.

ETA: I located the court record for the above case, but it gives no further information than what I have already listed.

Belinda, YOU ROCK! I can't thank you enough for all your help!

wm

Forgot to add:

At the same time as the above charge, he had a charge of non-violent felon in possession of a handgun. This charge was nolle prossed with the guilty plea to the other charge which was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Does anyone know what a disposition date is? I'm not familiar with this legal-ese.

TIA

wm

It is the date of sentencing. In this case his plea and sentencing were the same day.

OK. So he would have began serving his sentence after the disposition date, correct?

I wonder when employment terminated in 2008 at the med facility?

Belinda, again you are the best! I gave you credit for helping me on the Omaha double Murders thread. ((((Hugs)))) wm

Not neccesarily. I think it depends on the severity of the crime. Not positive. Sometimes they are given a date to present themselves to the jail. That's why I have been trying to nail down the exact date, but haven't been able to find it.

I went to the Loudon Correctional Facility Site and couldn't determine anything either.

I understand what you mean about the dispositon date vs. actual incarceration date. However, if the dispostion date is in April 2008, then that would mean he was locked up after that date. Right? So, in theory, he may have had opportunity to commit dbl murder of the son of 2 drs and their housekeeper in Omaha on Mar 13, 2008. Both victims had knife wounds to the neck.

I am just trying to naildown a timeline for him during this time frame as he looks eerily similar to the composite sketch in those murders. Lord knows this guy traveled around the country, and IMO, he has probably stabbed before all of these recent attacks.

Just trying to connect the dots to see if he is a possible perp for the Omaha killings. One thing is for sure, this guy is a SICK person!!

All MOO.

wm

He was definitely not incarcerated before 04/24/2008, so yes I would say it is possible. At least, he wasn't in jail at that time as far as anything I have found. I have been following that thread as well, but haven't had anything salient to add so haven't posted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back