MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

I wonder if there are any results back from the possible blood found in the car?

Linked article states the blood was Mr. Frank's.

Too bad the car was detailed by the dealership before the Highway Patrol took over. :eek:
Thank you, my computer was misbehaving and I couldn't open the article.

I'd probably be a lousy jury member but from all the circumstantial evidence <modsnip> Hiding his car at her place of work, calling their own dentist from his phone, seriously? And the witness saying he'd seen JC threaten Eric while JC said he'd never met Eric. Etc.
Such a shame it wasn't seriously investigated sooner, those people weren't very bright imo.

Did they ever check the pings? It doesn't say in the article.
Or where John Carnes had been with his airplane?

I do think he dropped Eric's body in one of the lakes sadly and it's long gone, and if he did, I don't know how they can solve his case because those people will never talk.

imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if LE thoroughly searched Rutledge's property after the car was found there?

It is so sad that this case remains open with no further activity and no conclusion for the living relatives. We all "know" what happened but it's time the people involved are named and prosecuted. There must be DNA evidence in the car, at least!

Recently watched the Disappeared episode featuring this EF case & then did some further research. I see that EF's car was finally found in 2020, with some blood evidence. Putting it all together, it's not difficult to surmise what happened here....so it's unfortunate that this case hasn't moved along further. That being said, I understand that no-body cases are hard to prosecute - so it's not that surprising that there is seemingly not a lot of progress here.

I.e., the main circumstantial evidence here is that EF's car was found at the residence of someone that KC did home-care for. EF's blood was found at the car. There is other circumstantial evidence as well. It would be interesting if any DNA or other evidence was found in the car (from anyone other than EF) - this wasn't clear in any of the articles I read re: the case.

Last edited:

Is this his daughter??

ETA I see this is mentioned up thread. I guess Kendra died.

Yes:

The ex-girlfriend died in Florida in 2016. The following year, the Investigation Discovery true crime show “Disappeared” featured an episode on the Franks case.

I suspect Eric's remains are not too far from the motel where he was staying, near where his ex lived, or somewhere in between.
Kendra's husband owned an airplane that he had reupholstered (incl burning the carpet) soon after Eric disappeared. I think sadly his body may have been dropped in water somewhere. But I hope for his mother's sake you are right :(

Michigan is known as “The Great Lakes State” as we border 4 of the 5 Great Lakes. Tons of water here with Inland Lakes as well. The flyover theory, @AliceInPain , is a good one in my opinion.
Man this is so heartbreaking. Big hugs to his Mama.

Kendra's husband owned an airplane that he had reupholstered (incl burning the carpet) soon after Eric disappeared. I think sadly his body may have been dropped in water somewhere. But I hope for his mother's sake you are right :(
@AliceInPain Do you know what the make and model of the plane is you are referring to? If you know that tail number that would be helpful as well.

Last edited:
I'm just catching up on Eric's story after listening to his episodes of the Vanished podcast.

If it's a possibility that Kendra's husband might have used his airplane to dispose of Eric's body, is there any way to track where he might have flown in the days or weeks after Eric was last seen? I don't know if private pilots are required to file flight plans or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back