MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

Eric remains missing, in two days it will be ten years. I think KF's husband may know where Eric is, if Eric's daughter Emily doesn't. One question: does the motel housekeeper say she saw Eric-or KF drive off in Eric's car?

Eric remains missing, in two days it will be ten years. I think KF's husband may know where Eric is, if Eric's daughter Emily doesn't. One question: does the motel housekeeper say she saw Eric-or KF drive off in Eric's car?
The housekeeper never said anything like that. KF told the Michigan police that she saw him leave Miller's Motel in one direction and she went the other.
Witness in Mid-Michigan missing persons case dies

Anyone know if the DNA results from the Michigan man found in the woods Deputies: Human remains may be tied to missing person | WOODTV.com
I haven't heard anything, but I don't think that those remains are connected to this case. For one thing, I think that it's incredibly unlikely that Eric was left unburied. I think that he was killed by his ex and her boyfriend, and killers that have a connection to their victims usually conceal or destroy the remains.

Where does it say these remains are male? The video also says cops don’t suspect foul play.

Just read this. Another find in Saginaw:

Investigators hope DNA will solve mystery of foot found in Flint River
Saginaw County Sheriff believes the foot belonged to a man

SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich. (WJRT) - New information on a shocking discovery, as a boot with a human foot still inside was found in southern Saginaw County.
There are a lot of angles to cover after the work boot was snagged by two teenagers who were fishing along the Flint River in southern Saginaw County. The remains of a human foot were inside.
“This boot and foot may have been in the water anywhere from sixty days, up to two years, maybe longer,” says Federspiel about the preliminary findings.
He says the size of the boot was 10 and a half. The discovery has investigators looking at missing persons cases in the region.
The mother of Eric Franks, who vanished from the Saginaw area ten years ago this month, confirms Franks wore a similar size boot.
Franks’ family and investigators are still waiting for DNA results to come back on skeletal remains found in woods in 2018 in Chapin Township.
Federspiel is hoping it doesn’t take that long to get results back on the newly discovered foot.​

This story got my interest - Kendra moved to Florida shortly after he disappeared - I imagine she is sitting on edge of her seat and looking over her shoulder the rest of her life since the car has been found and Eric's blood most likely inside of it. Paranoia.

Ahh Kendra died in 2016 - my error. So sad for Eric's family - they need justice

Is Kendra's boyfriend still alive?
John and Kendra were legally married. That is probably how he was able to just sign his name on Emily's birth certificate and just go forward.

I do not believe Kendra is dead.

It's been 11 years since a reliable person last saw Eric. His mom JoAnn posted on Eric's Facebook page. I'm posting a little bit of her post below. If you click on the posted date, it will take you directly to her post. Clicking the page name takes you to his page.

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted March 14 at 12:54PM

<modsnip - Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc. paraphrasing is OK, direct quotes is not>

I don't think Emily knows anything. I think she suspects John killed Eric but I don't believe Kendra or John would admit that John killed Eric because that's one more person that can eventually tell the secret.

I know there is a grave and a death certificate but...something is gnawing at my gut about all that. I just don't know.

Trust me, Kendra is dead.

Erics daughter fought breast cancer when she was about 18. Interestingly, IIRC, while Emily was just about done doing chemo Kendra found a lump in her breast too, turned out she also had breast cancer.

The thing is, not only was Eric adopted, so was Kendra, so there was no family history for Emily. I know Eric's biological mother has been deceased many years. I'd spoken to her sister many years ago, she messaged me on Facebook. It was so long ago that I don't remember specifics that we talked about.

I believe Kendra knew her mother but I'm not sure if breast cancer runs in her biological family.

Emily was given good treatment from what I remember at the time because the school had done fund raising to pay for whatever was needed. Kendra was having money issues back then, so it's possible she did not get the best treatment, her breast cancer spread, I assume to her lungs and other organs, she was in hospice, then died.

Similar happened to my mother in law 3 years ago. She had a common breast cancer in 2007, then she was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer about 6 years ago at 79. They did a lumpectomy, probably radiation but no chemo, they said it would kill her due to her age.

It returned when she was 84 but this time it had already spread. She went to 3 respected doctors in Ohio who all said chemo. I was highly against it, they wanted her as a test subject because people were living longer. They needed someone like her to study because she was healthy, living a very active life, still driving. One chemo the Monday before Thanksgiving backfired, she went to the ER, then transferred to hospice where she was flat on her back for 3 months waiting to die. It was already in her lungs Thanksgiving week, so it took that long to over take her body.

I don't doubt Kendra suffered a similar fate, laying in bed, too weak to get up, waiting to die.

At another forum I go to, someone posted about a person getting a brain wave study when they started suffering stroke and died. Their brain had spikes in certain parts which are associated with memories. They think that the person's life was flashing in their brain as they laid dying. If this is true, possible Eric was one of the last things Kendra thought about as her body was shutting down. I like to think that Eric told her she wasn't going to heaven for what she had done to him, maybe he pushed her to the fire...

Last edited by a moderator:
38-year-old Eric Franks had two big dreams in life, according to his brother-in-law, Chad Baus.

“One was: He dreamed of working in Hollywood. And he actually moved out to California for a while and worked on some small sets,” Chad told Dateline. “The other one was to have a family.”

Chad is married to Eric’s younger sister, Beth. “It was just the two of them,” Chad said. Eric and Beth’s father was a minister. “They had grown up in different places,” Chad told Dateline. He said the Franks spent most of their childhood in the South. “The majority of it was in Tennessee,” he said. Chad met Beth while the Franks lived in Nashville, Tennessee in December 1995...

Now we get some context as to why his missing report was filed so late. I wonder what was in those e-mails and whether the police can use them as evidence. Can they get the IPs they were sent from after all those years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back