MI MI - Jacob Cabinaw, 31, Traverse City, 31 March 2010

Maybe he accidentally drove into a body of water? It does happen sometimes.

That's very true. However , I don't believe that to be the case, since there was activity involving Jacob shortly after his disappearance. Let me find a link before I say more :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Here's what I mean. On his Charley Project it's stated that Jacob was seen getting gas two days after his disappearance 1,000 miles from home. Meaning, he had his car after his disappearance and he was in some kind of hurry to have driven 1,000 miles in two days.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cabinaw_jacob.html

I didn't personally know Jacob but I live in the same place he disappeared from and I know the culture, the economy at the time he went missing, and some of his acquaintances. I believe that Jacob did leave willingly, possibly to make some quick money, and that he had every intention to be back home soon and that in the end, foul play was involved and that's why no car or Jacob has been found :( Like I said, I didn't know him, and I don't know if he's lived here his whole life, but this is a sort of innocent town with not a ton of money to be made for the working class. If my theory is correct, he probably didn't realize the sort of trouble he could get into along the way.

There have also been theories that he's in some sort of fugue state but I totally doubt that. After 4 1/2 years someone would have seen something.

All my opinion, of course.

A bit sloppy, but this article has interesting facts about the day of and the time immediately following Jacob's disappearance.

http://www.northernexpress.com/michigan/article-5522-the-strange-case-of-jacob-cabinaw-3_21_11.html

Cabinaw’s bank card was used around 9 p.m.
for a $5 purchase in Buckley. The clerk doesn’t remember him.
At 2 a.m., Cabinaw is on video at a Kalamazoo gas station using his bank
card but at 1 a.m. he made his monthly call to the military to notify them
that he was still in school. That call pinged off a tower in Oklahoma.

^^I find it strange that he would make a stop in Buckley (only less than an hour out from Traverse City, where he disappeared) and then again in Kalamazoo. I think that he was nervous. No offense to Buckley, but most people don't stop there willingly, especially late at night, when there are other larger cities surrounding it. Someone who has made well-thought-out plans to leave the area would actually avoid Buckley this time of night.

March 31st 2011 was a Thursday. At Northwestern Michigan College (where Jacob was a current student) that's basically the last day of classes until Monday morning which furthers my theory that Jacob only meant to be gone for a short time, likely just the weekend.

We're not allowed to talk about anything discussed on Reddit, are we? I just got done reading a thread there that had some fascinating responses.

I just read the reddit thread. It wouldn't surprise me if the family have found him alive.

I guess I found that thread myself already...and yeah, maybe his family does know he's alive.

Well I couldn't find it and if true that's seriously messed up. I'm sure the family reads here so whatever you've found wont be there long. If it had been me, I'd have turned it over to LE. This case needs to be closed if he isn't missing.

I couldn't find anything....

I did a google search with a cross match to reddit and saw some discussion but nothing that caused me to believe as others here seem to. If a link could be privately sent my way via messenger that would be great. I've spent a lot of time on this case, as it is not far from the place I grew up. Reminded me of my son, being NG etc. This case is what originally brought me to WS, so I'd really like to know the scoop.

If he has been located by his family (and it seems that way by actions if not words) then great. I'm sure there is an issue of awol and possible actions by the military in regards to this that he would want to avoid. But dishonorable discharge isn't the end of the world; it would however be the end of this case.

My two cents

I can PM the thread if someone wants it. PM me and I'll send it! At this point though I think it's all just come to a dead end.

Bump for more info

I don't see any hope that we will get any new info in the near future. His family has gone strangely quiet in the last year and they were the ones heading the efforts. LE is probably not too interested in this case as the last confirmed sighting of JC was across state lines and by all logical accounts he appeared to have left on his own accord. I don't think we'll ever really know what happened to Jacob.

My opinion only, of course.

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Jacob but whenever I hear about bones being found in the lower peninsula, I have a moment of "Well, maybe..."

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/human-remains-found-in-lake-county

Deputies say the bones were in woods for at least a year. Also found at the scene were bits of clothing and a flashlight.

Detectives will be working to see if they can remove any fingerprints off of the flashlight as long as the batteries haven't leaked. Investigators tell us there was not tissue or flesh discovered on the bones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back