GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Families clash over Jane Bashara's ashes, her mother says

Jane Bashara's mother says Bob Bashara won't turn over murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman's ashes

Published On: Jul 31 2012 06:06:04 PM EDT Updated On: Jul 31 2012 06:11:35 PM EDT

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Last week, Local 4 Defenders cameras captured a tense scene at the Bashara house in Grosse Pointe Park.

Jane Bashara's mother, Lorraine Englebrecht, said she was locked out of her late daughter's home and unable to access some of Jane's most cherished possessions.

Now, Englebrecht is enraged because, she says, on Monday Bob Bashara's mother told her Bob would not turn over Jane's ashes.

David Griem, Bob Bashara's attorney, said as far as he knows Jane's family has had plenty of access to her belongings.

"It's my understanding that everything that is Jane's or related to Jane has been turned over to the Englebrecht family," Griem said.

However, clearly there is something not right. Jane's mother has been brought to tears. She said she is not asking for expensive rings or furs. She just wants to bury her daughter.

"I just can't tolerate much more of this," she said...

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ys/-/1719314/15884300/-/14tuxwbz/-/index.html

I have followed this case due to some connections I have with Jane. First post.

I have to say, the picture of BB above creeps me out! He is gross. She deserved much, much better. I feel sorry for the kids.

Second, I have never seen an defense attorney announce forthcoming charges lol.

God Bless Jane and I pray she gets Justice (if there is such as thing :banghead:)

Glad your aboard on this thread :seeya: I agree. Never heard a Defense Atty. publicly state more charges. This must hit you a bit harder. Cant wait to hear what bob has to say. Only to watch him implode :woohoo: Jane deserved far better.

Only4Justice, glad you're here. Everyone sees through Bob's web of deceit. You're right--Jane deserved SO much better.

I am appalled that Mrs. Englebrecht cannot even obtain her own daughter's ashes. I'd say maybe he's given them to the children, but somehow I know this cannot be. Good Lord, the stress they are putting her through. She's in my prayers.

Hi MichMI! From a fellow native Michigander :) I love our state, the Detroit area, and our people are special ;)

I didn't know Jane personally, but work with people with know her.

It is my belief she was a typical, wonderful Michigan girl, you know what I mean, dontcha you?

Thanks. :)

I know exactly what you mean. I think Jane might have been an even more wonderful version of the typical Michigan lady from everything I've read about her.

I know exactly what you mean. I think Jane might have been an even more wonderful version of the typical Michigan lady from everything I've read about her.

Us Michigan Girls are Special ;) I have heard from people who knew Jane, that she was wonderful. Hard working. Had a wonderful career. And, unfortunately, had a no-good husband who took advantage of her. :(

Bashara case: Griem out, Kriger in

August 2, 2012
By: Dave Schultz

5bdd089bb8163e166ac11944920c43e1.jpg

On Tuesday, Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow allowed attorneys David Griem and Christina Utley to withdraw as Bob Bashara’s legal representation.

Kriger said he hasn’t had the opportunity to review the evidence, adding he’ll have to sit down with Bashara before any decisions on trial strategy are made. He said he tries to limit what he says outside the courtroom.

“I think the appropriate place to try a case is in the courtroom,” Kriger said.

--------

More at the Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/bashara-case-griem-out-kriger-in

^^^^there's a novel idea!!! I'm guessing Bob likes attorneys who aren't too into their grooming? This one's better but not by much.

Hey! .. this one is Jewish ("my people", lol) ... leave 'im alone (just kidding) ... :D

^^^^there's a novel idea!!! I'm guessing Bob likes attorneys who aren't too into their grooming? This one's better but not by much.

You think? I find the new one really hard to look at for some reason.

lol ... so if there was a Mir. Defense Atorney contest ... you don't think those two would make a final group? :)

I still cant get over Griem publicly stating bob will be charged in Jane's murder. Not that i dont like reading it. Never heard a present/past Lawyer state such. Usually it is all spin. Away from their Client :waitasec:

Okay y'all, here we go again. Bob's due to appear in court tomorrow morning with his brand new fresh attorney....no time given of course.

Geez this just makes me wonder even more what Griem REALLY knows about this whole mess.

Bob Bashara pleads not guilty to solicitation of murder charge

Bob Bashara pleaded not guilty Tuesday at his arraignment on a solicitation of murder charge.

Bashara didn't speak during the hearing. His new attorney, Mark Kriger, stood by his side and entered the plea.

He is due back in court on Aug. 17.

Gentz will be back in court Aug. 13.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rge/-/1719314/15994586/-/rxvl9oz/-/index.html

Must have been pretty short and sweet.

I do enjoy the fact that he has to wear an ID bracelet with his mug shot on it, though!

Bob-Bashara-bracelet-jpg.jpg

Bob-Bashara-arraignment-Aug-7-jpg.jpg

Bashara pleads not guilty to ordering hit on Joe Gentz

9:01 AM, August 7, 2012

Joe Swickard
Detroit Free Press

bilde

Bob Bashara stands in front of Judge Timothy Kenny with his new lawyer Mark Kriger at Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit on Tuesday, August 7, 2012. / Eric Seals/Detroit Free Press

In a three-minute appearance this morning, Bob Bashara was arraigned on charges that he tried to get a hit man to kill handyman Joe Gentz, who said Bashara hired him to kill his wife in January.

Bashara was silent during the quick session before presiding judge Timothy Kenny, who was standing in for Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Morrow, who will be hearing the case.

Mark Kriger, Bashara’s new lawyer, entered a not guilty plea.

Outside court, Kriger declined comment on the case, saying he just completing a six week federal trial.

"I'm not up to speed," on the Bashara case, he said. "I haven't even gotten (the evidence) yet."

--------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120807/NEWS01/120807017/Bashara-Gentz-hit-handyman-Jane

Bob Bashara Enters Not Guilty Plea, Conference Scheduled

5f5275f62d47d9991dcc14dce0b0fbc4

13e2edab12c2653ce2b6bd891c915cb

e38c268ad1ed67005302c9b6c834a7e0

Bob Bashara's new attorney Mark Kriger declined comment following Bob Bashara's arraignment early Tuesday in Third Circuit Court. Credit: Sara Eaton Martin

... Kriger declined comment afterward, saying he thinks it's improper to comment about pending cases...

... Kenny ordered that all discovery information remain with the defense attorney and his office, emphasizing that it should not be released to anyone.

Kenny set a pre-trial conference for Aug. 17 before Judge Bruce Morrow, who will be handling the case from here out. Morrow was not available Tuesday so Kenny, as presiding judge of the criminal division, handled the basic hearing today on behalf of Morrow, he said.

-------

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/artic...ilty-plea-conference-scheduled#photo-10929669

(good photo gallery there ... just keep on clicking on photos .. there are many) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels