MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica has several tatoos on many parts of her body (a music note and a peace sign on her left ankle, a star on her back, sleeping Z's on her left foot and a sun and moon on her right calf). I don't know how quickly a body would decompose beyond recognition in that area this time of year, but the body found was in water, and I assume fairly cold water, which would delay composition moreso than if it were just laying on ground. It was able to be determined that the body found was female. Is it likely that after a month (assuming she was killed and dumped very soon after the abduction), enough skin may be left to see tattoos, which would make at least unofficial identification of Jessica pretty instant?

True but then I firmly believe the family should always be told first.. I do think, though, this is probably someone local to the lake.

Jessica has several tatoos on many parts of her body (a music note and a peace sign on her left ankle, a star on her back, sleeping Z's on her left foot and a sun and moon on her right calf). I don't know how quickly a body would decompose beyond recognition in that area this time of year, but the body found was in water, and I assume fairly cold water, which would delay composition moreso than if it were just laying on ground. It was able to be determined that the body found was female. Is it likely that after a month (assuming she was killed and dumped very soon after the abduction), enough skin may be left to see tattoos, which would make at least unofficial identification of Jessica pretty instant?

Hi SteveP, I don't want to think that this is our Jessica but I have to accept reality that it's a possibility. Let's hope that you are correct about the tatoos. I have a friend who found a body of a missing fisherman while he was out fishing offshore, NC. The man had been missing a week or two. My friend spotted what he thought was a plastic trash bag in the ocean and motored over to pick it up in his net so it wouldn't threaten sealife. I don't want to get too graphic here but what he thought was a floating white trash bag was actually the skin of the victim's torso. Let's hope this woman can be identified quickly if there are tatoos present.

Prayers for Jessica and her family! wm

Think jimmy hoffa:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

When he wasn't in the Federal pen, Jimmy Hoffa lived in Oakland County. He was mostly affiliated with a Teamster Local in Pontiac. Hoffa was abducted from a restaurant in Bloomfield Twp. and was never seen or heard from again.

I keep thinking about it,
How unfair it is for that little baby. Whomever did this doesn't have a heart. Some sort of sociopath that could give a crap less if a baby was without his Mom. He'd have to have done this before, or been in prison long enough not to care. Besides RSOs is there any other database we can check into? Violent Offenders or anything like that?

or maybe someone who doesn't have kids... or is not involved with them if he does have them. JMO. i'd like to believe that most people who are close to and have a good relationship with their children might have some kind of heart and eventually be consumed with guilty thoughts. one can hope.

I just heard a radio update about the body found in Terry Lake in Pontiac. The 32-year-old Pontiac woman had been reported missing by her family yesterday. ME has ruled her death a homicide. No further details were given at this time. The information isn't on the website yet, but here's the link if you want to check later http://detroit.cbslocal.com/

or maybe someone who doesn't have kids... or is not involved with them if he does have them. JMO. i'd like to believe that most people who are close to and have a good relationship with their children might have some kind of heart and eventually be consumed with guilty thoughts. one can hope.

I doubt that a kidnapper thinks about his prey as a mother, daughter, someone's fiancée. Likewise, someone who kidnaps a child isn't going to think about the pain and heartache that he/she will cause the parents and other family members of the victim. These perps are impulsive and think only of themselves at the time that they take someone against their will. :moo:

I just heard a radio update about the body found in Terry Lake in Pontiac. The 32-year-old Pontiac woman had been reported missing by her family yesterday. ME has ruled her death a homicide. No further details were given at this time. The information isn't on the website yet, but here's the link if you want to check later http://detroit.cbslocal.com/

Oh no.... A homicide...

RIP...

:rose:

wzzm 3 hrs ago The silver van has been narrowed to a 2003-2006. There are about 1700 of them (I assume in Michigan) about 100 have been examined in detail. There are 3 men that Jessica knew through the station who have not completely satisfied LE. imo I would call these people persons of interest. (LE says their stories do not add up) Good Websleuthing!

This case is going the way of becoming cold. There are no leads :(

So many perps have kids of their own, and still no conscience (Ariel Castro...the list goes on...). :(

Hmmm....3 people's names "keep coming up"...Could this be the LLL Klan?

I didn't even see anything in the news about the woman found dead in the lake in Pontiac and we only live an hour's drive from there. That's so very sad. I hope they catch and punish whoever killed her. I hope they find Jessica soon and catch whoever took her. There will be a lot of people out for the holiday, and especially with the nice weather, I hope someone will find her while out and about. I doubt if she is still alive but it would be wonderful if she could come home alive and well. She has to be somewhere but its hard to know where to look. I'm surprised that big scale ground searches haven't been done.

It would be good to know if they have a reason to believe she is alive. Or just the usual, i.e. no proof to show otherwise. I find it difficult to believe she is being held alive, but I guess it could depend on why she was taken.

<respectfully snipped>

Police still believe Jessica Heeringa is alive one month after her disappearance

Strong statement to make, I think. What specifically leads them to make this statement? (or is this the reporter's interpretation)? It seems to me it could go either way. Is the case cold (they're saying this only bc they haven't found her body), or do they really know something leading them to believe she is alive? What do they think, that she's being held somewhere by someone with whom she is acquainted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500