MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly o/t, not sure if its related, Kathleen Overzet, missing in Michigan, 39 miles away in Newago, not much information, blonde with tattoos, last seen on July 3:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215372

Newaygo County is at the NE corner of Muskegon County. Remember the one RSO that a WS member followed home and called in to LE in the Holton/Cedar Creek area? Newaygo County is literally 5 to 10 minutes from there.

Also, the thing that bothers me the most is that this guy obviously didn't just take her and disappear into thin air. He either took her to his house and lets all pray that this is the case and she is still alive.
Or he took her somewhere and did the worst and dumped her. I have no idea as to why LE is not doing searches. They must know something we all don't. Or they are still very hopeful she is alive.
Either way the van was headed north. I keep thinking there has got to be a rhyme or reason for this and the way he chose to take. If this van is in fact involved. The state park that has lots of woods is only 30 min north. And also Ross park.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me as I get acquainted with things.

I'm from the UK. though I'm originally from PA and lived in ME and Cape Cod, MA. I've been following Jessica's case since I accidentally stumbled upon it shortly after it happened. I check in on developments every day in the hope that she's come home to her little boy.

I'm writing in reply to an earlier thread about the number of look-alike blond girls who have gone missing in the month of April. Their appearances are striking, so this in itself caught my attention, and disturbingly so.

Then I looked at the dates of their disappearances:

Six petite blonde look-a-likes gone missing in the month of April:
1). Jessica Heeringa went missing Friday April 26th 2013.
2). Heather Hodges went missing Monday April 9th 2012.
3). Kelli Bordeaux went missing Saturday April 14th 2012.
4). Holly Bobo went missing Wednesday April 13th 2011.
5). Brittanee Drexel went missing Saturday April 25th 2009.
6). Misty Gwinner went missing Tuesday April 5th 2005.

Is it just me, or if you rearrange the dates in chronological order, there is a pattern:

April 5/9
April 13/14
April 25/26

Could there be something significant with the pattern of dates for this unsub? Is there some sort of anniversary? Are there any other young women of similar descriptions who have gone missing from other areas in these same time frames?

Maybe I'm way off in left field, but it just struck me very suddenly, like those dates just popped off the page.

Just a note too: I also worked at a convenience store when I was in college (Turkey Hill). It was pre-gas station days and when the store was only open until 11pm. There would always be two of us working together, yet it still would get a bit creepy at times, and this was a store that was located on a corner of a well-lit corner of major street. The dumpster was still situated in a darkened area nearly behind the store, as was its secondary door. And the possibly of getting a cut due to box cutters, paper cuts, or small cuts from the meat slicer were always regular occurrences.

Thanks for letting me share. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Many thanks,

Lee Ann

I think Heather had/has an abusive boyfriend? Maybe even named as a Poi? And Kelli was last seen with a registered sex offender, though LE can't seem to determine if he is the suspect. Holly seems to have been taken by a local, according to police and to the layout of the general area.

I do not think any of these cases are connected. There are enough predators to go around, unfortunately.

As a local, I want to say thank you to all of you who keep coming here and trying to help, even when it seems like there is nothing left to say or do. Thank you for Jessica, and thank you for everyone in our community who has to wonder if we are in danger. I really, really appreciate you guys.

And I really wanted to use that hugs icon, but I couldn't get it to post for some reason.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/04/10/virginia-hikers.htm

Look, for instance, at this guy, Darrell David Rice, a former computer programmer. It sounds as if he just likes to kill people and targets women because they are vulnerable.

There are more like him for sure.

Sometimes I think that these predators target young girls not so much because they are young and cute like most would think. But because they are cowards. Once a women gets a little older she is more in tune of the dangers that surround her. More on the look out after reading cases such as these all to often. And sometimes the older you get the more confident you will be to fight back. But these cowards are not about to take on a man because they know the man would defiantly fight back.
Of course I'm sure sometimes these things happen because the girl is young and cute. But, rape and stuff seems to be about power and control.
Same with these women being smaller framed....they are easier to overpower the littler they are. It's sad times we are all living in.

My father in law used to own a shell station on a major US highway in Lufkin, Texas. My wife and I were in for the weekend and he had two people call in. She was in med school and I had a job, but we worked that night. A guy came in furious because the pump didn't print his receipt. We printed his receipt and he looked at my wife and said I want you to come out there and fix it and show me why it didn't print. We told him that we had just given him his receipt and he said no I want her to go out there and show me. I am a pro Mma fighter and was military and I said I'll go. He replied no I want her to you stupid sob. Then I jumped over the counter and ran him out. I always wondered if he would have abducted her if she went with him. It still haunts me, I wish I would have detained him and called police just in case he was a serial rapist/killer or some sort of crazy

My father in law used to own a shell station on a major US highway in Lufkin, Texas. My wife and I were in for the weekend and he had two people call in. She was in med school and I had a job, but we worked that night. A guy came in furious because the pump didn't print his receipt. We printed his receipt and he looked at my wife and said I want you to come out there and fix it and show me why it didn't print. We told him that we had just given him his receipt and he said no I want her to go out there and show me. I am a pro Mma fighter and was military and I said I'll go. He replied no I want her to you stupid sob. Then I jumped over the counter and ran him out. I always wondered if he would have abducted her if she went with him. It still haunts me, I wish I would have detained him and called police just in case he was a serial rapist/killer or some sort of crazy

Scary stuff! I'm so glad you were proactive in handling the psycho!

I truly believe that this was some type of regular who abducted Jessica. Some weird costumer who liked her and got obsessed. Or was put off by being rejected.

After working alone in a gas station I believe that no young female should ever close alone, there should be a buddy system to their cars at night. And most defiantly cameras.

Snipped for relevance
Bolded by me

I agree with you. I feel that if Jessica was not abducted due to being a witness in a fraud case then she was abducted by a deviant, very possibly for one of the reasons you enumerated in your first paragraph above, and I would add that he, in all likelihood, fantasized about abducting and harming her...

In a previous post, I wrote about my belief in the necessity of cameras in gas station/convenience stores but I also totally agree about using a buddy system for female employees; just can't see some owners being willing to pay the extra money for their employees' safety and peace of mind, unfortunately.

Snipped for relevance
Bolded by me

I agree with you. I feel that if Jessica was not abducted due to being a witness in a fraud case then she was abducted by a deviant, very possibly for one of the reasons you enumerated in your first paragraph above, and I would add that he, in all likelihood, fantasized about abducting and harming her...

<respectfully snipped>

LE has determined that the four Hispanic men who were involved in the fraud case are not considered POIs in Jessica's disappearance. The POI sketch doesn't resemble someone of Hispanic descent. :moo:

Tonight marks 11 WEEKS since Jessica was abducted.
11 weeks is a long time!!!

Snipped for relevance
Bolded by me

In a previous post, I wrote about my belief in the necessity of cameras in gas station/convenience stores but I also totally agree about using a buddy system for female employees; just can't see some owners being willing to pay the extra money for their employees' safety and peace of mind, unfortunately.

I actually never thought about the buddy system before until a few years after my gas station years and started to bartend. My boss would never let one of us leave early and not cause he was mean. He just wouldn't let any one of us girls walk out that door alone at night. We had to go in groups of two or threes. That was a chain restaurant tho and not a privately owned place so I'm sure the money didn't matter to him as maybe it would for someone who owned the actual store.
On very few nights that it would be just me and I would leave before him, he personally would walk me to my car. I look back on that and there needs to be more bosses like that. He actually cared about his "girls" who worked for him.

Out doing some shopping, eating lunch etc today and realized that there are hardly any posters out about Jessica anymore.. still see a few... but I have not seen many lately. At first they were everywhere... I guess if you are local you have seen them for months.. and maybe with Tourist Season upon us, restaurants etc dont want to alarm visitors... sad tho...

Did anyone ever travel the potential routes the van may have went after approaching Airport Rd to look for surveillance cameras that may have captured the van to report to police? I sure hope the LE did this. If they didn't they are incompetent. Usually the footage rewrites over itself after 45 - 60 days.

I can't go anywhere without seeing cameras everywhere where I live.

Does anybody know when Jessica's birthday is?
On her myspace account she listed her astrological sign as Cancer.
Cancer is from June 22-July 22.
Is her birthday coming up?

Something has been nagging me for a while now. If anyone has posted similar thoughts I apologize. Ive been thinking a lot about LE saying that jessica new her abductor, they have said it over and over. then I keep going back to the eye witnesses who saw man and van behind station, something about that just doesnt sit well with me. I have been thinking maybe it was a setup maybe someone jealous over husband or boyfriend paying to much attention to JH maybe someone did this but didnt expect all of the outcome and they are afraid of the repercussions,maybe thats why LE says they believe that she is still alive. I also keep thinking about the person who called LE and asked about immunity and then hung up I think thats one person that just may hold the key to this mystery. these are just my thoughts and I am in no way accusing anyone.

Weren't there also reports of witnesses seeing the same van across the road by the apartments? Was any license plate noticed?

Were there no other video cameras past the one where the silver van was last spotted? Just wondering. I don't think I've read anything discussing that, but I'm probably not all caught up yet.

The longer she's missing, the more unsettling it's becoming.

Something has been nagging me for a while now. If anyone has posted similar thoughts I apologize. Ive been thinking a lot about LE saying that jessica new her abductor, they have said it over and over. then I keep going back to the eye witnesses who saw man and van behind station, something about that just doesnt sit well with me. I have been thinking maybe it was a setup maybe someone jealous over husband or boyfriend paying to much attention to JH maybe someone did this but didnt expect all of the outcome and they are afraid of the repercussions,maybe thats why LE says they believe that she is still alive. I also keep thinking about the person who called LE and asked about immunity and then hung up I think thats one person that just may hold the key to this mystery. these are just my thoughts and I am in no way accusing anyone.

I've also thought about this a lot. I've settled in with the idea that maybe LE says she new her abductor as in she new him from the gas station. But that is just from my own personal view point. Nothing to base that off of. I myself personally believe she is alive because I think like this.....If it was some creep who had maybe mistaken her kindness for romantic feelings or something that he took her to have her. And would like to keep her alive. Also the little bit of blood that was found to me points to someone who didn't really want to hurt her as much as just take her. And maybe some how in a struggle she got hurt but obviously didn't get hurt to bad or there would of been more blood. Even from a nose bleed there would of been a ton of blood. Or at least I am praying for this to be the case.
If I were LE I would grant immunity to anyone at this point who came forward and told where Jessica was as long as it was not the perp him self.
I don't know why. This is just a gut feeling, and I am basing this strictly off my own feelings no facts....but for some odd reason this has been the only case for me that I have had a weird good feeling that she is alive somewhere. I don't normally ever get that feeling from any stories I read about missing persons. I still have hope for this young lady.

In these days of caller ID, auto-redial, etc., it's hard to imagine why LE wasn't able to determine who the caller was or where the call originated. I can't imagine any law enforcement agency not being equipped to quickly identify a call that they receive. While most folks would dial 911 in an emergency, some people still call their local police or sheriff for non-emergency concerns. Norton Shores police must know where that call came from and should have made an effort to question the individual who claimed to have information about Jessica. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa