MI - Julia Dawson, 23, Sparta, 11 December 2004

Rocky said:
hi Dwin,

did the police take her computer and run it through forensics to see who she had been talking with?

OK, Rocky, on another thread (Maura?) you said you get feelings where you just know what happened....I'm paraphrasing, hope I'm not putting words in your mouth. Do you have a sense or feeling about this case?

Wood TV

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Julia.

Please sign your condolences in the guest book

Praying for justice, Lanie

WasBlind said:
Wood TV

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Julia.

Please sign your condolences in the guest book

Praying for justice, Lanie

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they apprehend the monster that murdered Julia.

You can tell her father is dedicated to her and he must be devastated.

imo

This is so heartbreaking. Those poor little boys with have to go on with out their mommy.
I hope they find the animal who did this and he pays dearly.

It seems as though the husband has been very tight lipped. Actually, I don't think that I have read a single bit of info about him or from him. Sounds very mysterious. Does anyone know how long were they married?

I believe one of the articles posted here said they were married three years.

On Julia's website, it indicates that they were married in 2001.
I too find it odd that the husband has not said much of anything.

Dwin said:
Hi all,
I developed the Juliaalert.org.

In response to the picture of the husband...it is the most current picture that I have been able to come up with. I am sorry that it caused any confusion that he was also missing. Most people that know Julia don't even know what her husband looks like. I sluthed around to come up with the picture as no one seemed to have one. I'v known Julia since 2nd grade as she was best friends with my daughter. I feel like I have lost my daughter.

The police seem so incredibly slow to act. Assuming that she would just walk away. NO WAY! Not with two babies at home. They don't answer questions, which is understandable as it could compromise the case. They won't say if they have done a forensic search of the marital home. :banghead: But then that is to be expected that they not be able to divulge details.

There has been a wonderful outpouring of the community in support. Our site has had over 8400 hits so far (averaging about 1000 per day) I am working hard to keep this in the public eye and ear. I am thankful that the TV stations keep mentioning her.

The more time passes the more difficult it is to retain hope.

Dwin

Why is it that most people that knew Julia didnt even know what her husband looked like? Did he not want her to have friends, etc. Was he the jealous type of just shy and a loner?

Thanks

angarella said:
Why is it that most people that knew Julia didnt even know what her husband looked like? Did he not want her to have friends, etc. Was he the jealous type of just shy and a loner?

Thanks

Exactly... And were there no family photos, professional, or just family get togethers ??? That seems odd.

There were known problems within the family:
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/grmetro_article.aspx?storyid=34979

Police Reports about Missing Sparta Woman Obtained by WZZM13 News

Here's a part of the story:
"Since 2001 police have gone there numerous times, for eight separate incidents.

They've responded to everything from a neighborly dispute over a dog, to child custody issues, to aggravated assault.

Eight incidents, but no arrests.

In one report Julia accuses a relative of coming to her house and quote .. "yelling in her face, telling her that he was going to kill her.." because of a dispute over a car.

In another incident police are called when Julia and an acquaintance get into a fight, where they were quote "..scratching and pulling hair while they were rolling around."

In more than one instance over a two year period people at the house were asked to take polygraph tests.

Once after the fight, another time after a break-in at the house that resulted in thousands of dollars in stolen property. "

They need to get the husband, he won't pass the lie-detector test. The family needs to gain control of custody of the grand children before he bolts. He won't stand much pressure.

The husband refuses to talk to anyone or co-operate. The pic came from a high school year book.:doh: He is a control freak. Wouldn't allow her to have friends.:furious:

It also sounds like a very volatile family. Odd, too, that there were no details released about her disappearance in terms of whether she had her purse, any personal belongings missing, etc. How far away was her car from her body? Anybody know?

I_Harm, do you know the family personally? It sounds like there was a lot of drama going on. Why was there so much fighting? Was it over the husband, money, drugs?? What kind of custody battle? Who fathered her children? I thought they were by the husband. Was he married before?

Something doesn't feel rigth about this whole case. I hate to say or even think it but i have a funny feeling about the Husband. The fact that the police are being very tight lipped about things such as if her purse was with her or not tells me that they might have a pretty good idea who did this an dare waiting and watchign the person they suspect. Just my thoughts on the case.

So sad that these things happen, her poor children have to now grow up with out a Mother.

My daughter was good friends with her in school. In fact they lost touch with each other because of the Husband. Julia's family isn't violent at all. They are very giving caring people. The husband wouldn't let her have anything to do with her family for the last 3 years. Does that sound controling or what?! He had a child from a previous marrage. He lost custody and visitation with that child because of his violent behaviours. She had 1 son from a previous, and 1 with him. I think the grandparents need to attain custody of the boys at this time to protect them. He isn't smart from what I can gleen from people. I don't want to go into to much detail and risk giving him ideas.

Her car was found about 3 blocks from her house and her body was found 12 miles from her car. She was dumped on US 131 about a week before she was found. They think she was dead about that long also. So you do the math, she was kept alive for awhile. I don't think any of her personal belongings were missing from her home. I don't know about the car. The cops are being quiet about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back