GUILTY MI - Kamiya French, 2, killed, 2 injured in Inkster shooting, 1 July 2014

I admire the state's attorney. Hope we get to see her again.

i was thinking the same thing chelly............she's good........and kept her cool too while being forceful in completing her examinations

jackson bound over for trial...........arraignment 7/23.........

i was thinking the same thing chelly............she's good........and kept her cool too while being forceful in completing her examinations

Really professional and experienced.
BTW...Love the Judge's cool red eyeglass frames

They will all be back Sept 4.

I am a bit confused. Didn't they finally decide on Sept 4? Or did I miss something?
not sure what september is chelly........i missed it..........but i heard her honor say 7/23 for jackson arraignment.......so maybe it's for the competency issue with hearn?

off to watch judge hurley in afternoon bond court :winkkiss:

i'm a hurleygirley :D

thanks for the company friends..............so sad for the little sweetie.........shaking my head.........:rose:

As others mentioned, I, too, was impressed by the prosecuting attorney, Jaime Powell Horowitz. I can't find information about her credentials. Will others please share if you find anything? Thanks.

As others mentioned, I, too, was impressed by the prosecuting attorney, Jaime Powell Horowitz. I can't find information about her credentials. Will others please share if you find anything? Thanks.

Certainly will. Thanks for looking her up. I plan to put a google alert on her. Looking forward to seeing her at work in the courtroom again.

...Attorneys had argued over Hearn's competency, with his defense attorney, Matthew Evans, saying Hearn had been undergoing therapy and was taking psychotropic medicine. Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Jaimie Powell Horowitz noted that in previous criminal cases, Hearn's mental health had not been questioned...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad-toddler-killed-to-make-me-suffer/12765201/

Article has different spelling of Ms. Powell-Horowitz first name: Jaimie.

...Attorneys had argued over Hearn's competency, with his defense attorney, Matthew Evans, saying Hearn had been undergoing therapy and was taking psychotropic medicine. Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Jaimie Powell Horowitz noted that in previous criminal cases, Hearn's mental health had not been questioned...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad-toddler-killed-to-make-me-suffer/12765201/

Article has different spelling of Ms. Powell-Horowitz first name: Jaimie.

Thanks for pointing that out. My searches kept bringing me to above spelling which provided her office listing.

July 24, 2014 at 8:47 am

Inkster man accused of fatally shooting toddler had been released from jail for good behavior

Tony Briscoe/The Detroit News

Detroit — The 25-year-old Inkster man accused of fatally shooting a 2-year-old girl execution-style was expected to be in jail at the time of incident on an 11-month sentence, but he only served about 3 months after being released for good behavior, according to Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.

Raymone Jackson, 25, wearing a yellow prison jumpsuit, was arraigned before Wayne County Circuit Judge David A. Groner on Wednesday morning on charges including first-degree murder, torture and two counts of assault with intent to murder, among a slew of others.

Groner recalled sentencing Jackson to 11 months of jail time and 2 years of probation on a drug charge in September. At the time of that sentence, Jackson was already on parole for a separate drug charge. So Groner was stumped when he asked Wednesday why Jackson hadn’t done the 11 months but had instead been discharged from parole a week before prosecutors say he shot KaMiya Gross, 2, in the head on July 1 outside of her Inkster home...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140724/METRO01/307240069#ixzz38OfFwO2x

Detroit judge asks why man accused of murdering girl, 2, wasn't in jail in earlier drug case

Published On: Jul 23 2014 04:15:17 PM EDT Updated On: Jul 24 2014 08:30:28 AM EDT
A Detroit judge says the man suspected of killing a 2-year-old Inkster girl never should have been out of jail in the first place.

Raymone Jackson, 25, appeared Wednesday for arraignment before Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner in the first-degree murder case. No trial date was set.

Groner asked the government why Jackson wasn't immediately transferred to jail March 26 when Michigan paroled him after a drug sentence. Groner gave Jackson an 11-month jail sentence in September in a separate drug cas.........
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...2-wasnt-in-jail-in-earlier-drug-case/27113334

Feb 10, 2015
Man who witnessed toddler's murder killed in hit-and-run

http://www.wxyz.com/news/man-who-witnessed-toddlers-murder-killed-in-hit-and-run

"...He said he planned to tell police what he saw for the sake of the little girl he watched die.

He was listed as a witness for the trial of the accused killers. Jury selection continued today in the trials of
Raphael Hearn and Raymone Jackson. Police say they killed the toddler, shot a 12-year-old playing outside, and shot the toddler&#8217;s father. They allegedly had a disagreement with the father and this was their way of getting revenge....." <complete story at above link>

Feb 10, 2015
Man who witnessed toddler's murder killed in hit-and-run

http://www.wxyz.com/news/man-who-witnessed-toddlers-murder-killed-in-hit-and-run

"...He said he planned to tell police what he saw for the sake of the little girl he watched die.

He was listed as a witness for the trial of the accused killers. Jury selection continued today in the trials of
Raphael Hearn and Raymone Jackson. Police say they killed the toddler, shot a 12-year-old playing outside, and shot the toddler’s father. They allegedly had a disagreement with the father and this was their way of getting revenge....." <complete story at above link>

I hope they make COMPLETELY certain that this hit and run was in no way connected to Jackson or Hearn. After the way that perp acted in court before, he has no respect for the law or human life. I also hope there are plenty of other witnesses to testify so that these dirtbags get put away for life.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...hat-killed-2yearold-injured-2-others/31364468
DETROIT -
Erica Gross told a courtroom on Thursday about rushing to the hospital last July when her 2-year-old daughter was shot on the front porch of a home in Inkster.

“I was led into a room with a doctor, and he told me, unfortunately, that my daughter did not make it," Gross said.
Her daughter, KaMiya, had been playing outside a home on Carlyle Street with her father and other friends on July 1 when it's alleged that Raymone Jackson walked up and opened fire.

KaMiya was shot in the head. Her father, Kenneth French, and a 12-year-old family friend, Chelsea Lancaster, were also shot. They both recovered.

<see link for more>

Mods: Could this thread be moved to trials?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back