MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 months, mother found deceased, Detroit, 24 May 2014

June 25, 2014 at 11:52 am

Families clash outside courtroom of man charged as accessory in Fox case

Oralandar Brand-Williams/The Detroit News

Detroit — A 27-year-old who investigators believe knows something about a missing mom found slain last month waived his preliminary examination in court Wednesday on charges in the case, allowing the matter to be on track for trial.

Timothy Jones, who is scheduled for arraignment on information in the case on July 2 in Wayne County Circuit Court, has been charged with being an accessory to the fact in the case of Alicia Fox, a mom of two whose body was found June 9 wrapped in a blanket in an abandoned home on Penrod Street on the city’s west side. She died of multiple gunshot wounds, two of them to the head...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140625/METRO01/306250041#ixzz35foiSIjE

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/METRO01/306240150/

Detroit police said Tuesday a U-Haul truck that neighbors witnessed Erin Justice, 28, loading around the time his wife, Alicia Fox, 27, and her two children, Kaylah Hunter, 6, and Kristian Justice, 8 months, has yielded no evidence on the missing children or Fox’s homicide...

Officer Adam Madera said the truck was found at a U-Haul location a day after Alicia’s body was found.

Madera declined to say whether investigators are tying the U-Haul neighbors saw outside their Ardmore home to one spotted at the abandoned Penrod address.

<snipped>
A tip about suspicious activity involving a U-Haul truck outside a vacant house in the 6800 block of Penrod led Fox’s relatives to search the location on June 9, when Fox’s uncle found her body severely decomposed underneath debris in the basement.

Officer Adam Madera said the truck was found at a U-Haul location a day after Alicia’s body was found.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/METRO01/306240150#ixzz35gP9qS5z
IDK. It's sounds as though someone alerted family members to the house where AF's body was found. I think I already mentioned this, but it just alarms me. Family members would have inadvertently disturbed evidence in the house and the U-haul truck had probably been thoroughly cleaned by the time LE was alerted and located the truck.

If someone noticed a suspicious U-haul at a vacant house and had an inkling it was connected with the disappearance of a missing mother, why contact family members instead of LE? The only reasons I can think of are: 1.) the person was afraid of becoming involved in a murder investigation for fear of jeopardizing the lives of his/her own family, or 2.) the person didn't want to be questioned/visited by LE because of something she/he has to hide.

<snipped>

IDK. It's sounds as though someone alerted family members to the house where AF's body was found. I think I already mentioned this, but it just alarms me. Family members would have inadvertently disturbed evidence in the house and the U-haul truck had probably been thoroughly cleaned by the time LE was alerted and located the truck.

If someone noticed a suspicious U-haul at a vacant house and had an inkling it was connected with the disappearance of a missing mother, why contact family members instead of LE? The only reasons I can think of are: 1.) the person was afraid of becoming involved in a murder investigation for fear of jeopardizing the lives of his/her own family, or 2.) the person didn't want to be questioned/visited by LE because of something she/he has to hide.

RBBM:

Unfortunately, that is a VERY real feeling in Detroit. People just "don't talk" about ANYTHING for fear of becoming involved. If it were one of EJ's friends who'd told police what happened..(fear of) whomever EJ hangs out with or EJ himself would come after the person. If this is one of the areas that LE just "doesn't go to", I feel bad for the whole neighborhood.
I would even venture to say that whomever tipped off the family went to the family in person (instead of over the phone.)
JMO

Ive prayed so hard for the last few days. Please whomever has these babies, bring them home. Jmo

JENSTAR ! Thank you ! You're bringing hope and I've been negative . I like your attitude. These babies are alive and someone's hidden them hoping it will change the outcome of the perps' case/charges ! I like it . :please: God , let it be !

JENSTAR ! Thank you ! You're bringing hope and I've been negative . I like your attitude. These babies are alive and someone's hidden them hoping it will change the outcome of the perps' case/charges ! I like it . :please: God , let it be !

Schmae, you're a great person. There's nothing wrong with looking at both sides of the coin. I know they've been missing for a long time, and the first weeks are crucial. For some reason, (and it's completely unlike ME to feel this way) my heart is telling me these babies are out there and alive. Even though "time" hasn't been kind. I have so many unanswered questions that lead me only to believe the way I do. Like:
*Why wouldn't he leave the kids with their mother if he were going to hurt them?
*could the main motivation for him/them doing such a thing, BE a custody dispute?
*if he were going to take on a murder charge, and get life in prison; why not take on two more? (its not like he's going to get out.)
*why would he need an accomplice at all? (he could've hurt AF all by himself..but why call a friend?) which leads me to believe that the second guy was mainly to get the kids out of the house and take them somewhere. If he came back..idk.
Of course these are just my own opinions and speculation. I would have done anything to be a fly on the wall for TJs court hearing. I'm eagerly awaiting anything that leaks out. Jmho

The parents and families of Alicia as well as the two accused seem to be present and very involved. I'm hoping someone in that group can convince one of these two, mainly Justice, to reveal where the children are. I too feel like they're alive somewhere. I don't know why but I feel it.

My theory that I'm hoping to be true is simple. I'm thinking/hoping that at this point that he took them to a woman. Some woman that is OMG SO IN LOVE with him that she'd do anything. We all know the type and have seen it before. So she's somewhere taking care of them thinking in some twisted way it's 'her little family' with him. That is the only thing I could think of to explain them not being turned over to authorities.

Whomever has the kids can't really hide them for long. Although we know that an amber alert probably won't be issued; media coverage as well as social media has spread the word. I've seen posts on the petition site from people coast to coast and from Michigan to Georgia. Kaylah will have to enroll in school without paperwork.. Somewhere, theres a smart social worker who knows "how many" children belong in a household. Or Someone will hopefully spot them at a grocery store..it won't be too long. At least..i hope not. Jmo

O/t: my basement window was spotted opened this morning. The neighbor told me to "check it out". So we did. I entertained the thought that someone might have stashed the kids there. But the room was empty, and we boarded it back up. I don't really know if I was disappointed, crazy or relieved. Maybe a bit of all of them? Lol

:candle: :worried: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25900247/suspect-behind-bars-says-he-can-locate-children
TJ wants a deal. He says he can tell LE where the kids are in exchange for a deal. Sadly, the tone of the report doesn't look like it's going to be a good outcome.
I hope prosecutors aren't too quick to give him a deal. He comes across as creepy and smarmy to me, going back to when he was trying to appear friendly and charming to the judge during his previous court appearance. It makes me fear he either is more involved in this case than known currently, or some other serious crimes that he's doesn't want cops to find out about. He probably thinks his supposed charm will keep them from looking at him too closely.

I want these dear children found ASAP too but I would hate for criminals to think they can simply hold on to knowledge of victims' whereabouts and receive a light sentence. To me, it's not very different than hostage situations where the FBI discourages the payment of ransom. As a society, we should avoid even the appearance of caving into empathy-deficient criminals.

IMO, JMO

I hope prosecutors aren't too quick to give him a deal. He comes across as creepy and smarmy to me, going back to when he was trying to appear friendly and charming to the judge during his previous court appearance. It makes me fear he either is more involved in this case than known currently, or some other serious crimes that he's doesn't want cops to find out about. He probably thinks his supposed charm will keep them from looking at him too closely.

I want these dear children found ASAP too but I would hate for criminals to think they can simply hold on to knowledge of victims' whereabouts and receive a light sentence. To me, it's not very different than hostage situations where the FBI discourages the payment of ransom. As a society, we should avoid even the appearance of caving into empathy-deficient criminals.

IMO, JMO
But, it would be better that TJ be offered a deal than a deal be cut for EJ, a known murderer. I don't know if there's another way of finding the children. These guys may be playing the system, but TJ is the lesser of 2 evils, it seems, and if he helps LE locate the children, then EJ cannot use the children as leverage to make a plea bargain. JMO

http://www.macon.com/2014/07/02/3179294/man-faces-new-charges-in-disposal.html

Prosecutors have added new charges against a man suspected of helping dispose of a woman's body in a vacant Detroit house.

Timothy Jones now faces tampering with evidence and concealing the death of an individual, along with an original charge of being an accessory after the fact to a felony.

Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Deborah Thomas lowered Jones' bond from $50,000 to $30,000 during Wednesday's arraignment. The 27-year-old Jones faces district court arraignment on the new charges.

But, it would be better that TJ be offered a deal than a deal be cut for EJ, a known murderer. I don't know if there's another way of finding the children. These guys may be playing the system, but TJ is the lesser of 2 evils, it seems, and if he helps LE locate the children, then EJ cannot use the children as leverage to make a plea bargain. JMO
I know the State may just have to go that route eventually, but hopefully, they will exhaust all other avenues first. IMO, JMO

Authorities keep searching for 2 missing Detroit siblings, hope for best as tips come in

Kaylah, Kristian have been missing since their mother was found dead in June

Published On: Jul 03 2014 07:07:46 AM EDT Updated 2 h

DETROIT -
Police, relatives and people who never even met 6-year-old Kaylah and her 8-month-old brother Kristian have scoured one of Detroit's largest parks, looked beneath trash, and peered through darkened basements of abandoned houses for the children.

So far, the searches have been futile, but authorities are holding on to the chance that when the children are found, they'll be alive.

"That's what we want. That's what everyone wants," FBI special agent David Porter said Wednesday, more than a month after relatives reported last seeing Kaylah Hunter and Kristian Justice...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...blings-hope-for-best-as-tips-come-in/26767400

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123AEW
Back