GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Mom does not have a broken leg in the interview I saw (standing outside her house talking to a reporter).

Regardless if she had a broken leg, when you're a parent, you have a back up plan for childcare if you are without the faculties to watch them yourself. The fact she didn't "notice" Mariha was missing until noon shows neglect, at the very least. Kids that age don't sleep in that late (on the planet I live anyways). And with 2 or 3 younger ones than Mariha, no way is mom sleeping in until 10, 11, or 12 - unless she is passed out and the kids routinely fend for themselves.

ITA. Kinda reminds me of Billie Dunn and her painkillers because of a "toothache."

Last Updated: July 25. 2011 4:27PM.

Body of asphyxiated child matches missing girl's description

Josh Katzenstein/ The Detroit News

Detroit — Family and friends of Mariha Trenice Smith are still searching for the missing 5-year-old, despite investigators saying the body of a child matching her description was found at a burnt house less than a mile away.

"I suspect my niece is still alive," Mariha's aunt, Dominique Poole, 29, said today. "And I just pray whoever's got her just brings her back home because we care about our kids."

The child found in a the house Sunday on the 2900 block of Waverly Street was a girl between 5 and 7 years old, Wayne County spokesman Dennis Niemiec said.

"The medical examiner's office completed the autopsy this morning and ruled the cause of death as asphyxia," he said, adding the death is considered a homicide. "The medical examiner determined the little girl died before the fire."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725...ches-missing-girl’s-description#ixzz1T9Qz5pxk

Poor baby girl! I hope whoever is responsible for what I think we all already know has happened to Mariha, is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Danm 'em all! I'm just sick of reading about dead, abducted and raped children...what the h3ll is wrong with people!

Poor baby girl! I hope whoever is responsible for what I think we all already know has happened to Mariha, is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Danm 'em all! I'm just sick of reading about dead, abducted and raped children...what the h3ll is wrong with people!

One word-EVIL!

She seemed very calm for the mother of a missing child.

What she said about the police saying she was suspect reminded me of FKC Anthony when she texted TonE: "Guess who's going to spend an eternity in jail if they don't find her."

Pain pills and who knows what else will keep her calm! I have a feeling she spends a lot of her time 'calm'

She does sound very tiny... however, did you see the mother in the interview? She was extremely petite... to the point of looking tiny to me! I was shocked to find out that was the mother rather than a 12-yr old cousin or such. So, possibly the "TINY" is just an inherited trait.

She seemed very calm for the mother of a missing child.

What she said about the police saying she was suspect reminded me of FKC Anthony when she texted TonE: "Guess who's going to spend an eternity in jail if they don't find her."

Ah thank you. Also, the reporter says LE believes Mariha was taken out through the window.

The articles are saying it will be DAYS until the DNA tests come back to tell us if the child in the burned building is Mariha. :(

Is there a separate thread for the child in the burned building in case she turns out not to be Mariha? We could end up with an unidentified little one. :(

This is just too too sad.

Hmmmm...that is interesting. If she passed with flying colors she would have been home before lunch, imo.

We don't know that - we don't know how extensive her questioning is, how many breaks they took, or if they needed her for additional timelining/IDing the POI/or examining evidence.

Right now, the mother is still a victim.

The mother herself has stated that LE suspects her of something.

Another pic of Mariha

story.missing.smith.wdiv.jpg

Nothing new in the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/25/michigan.girl.killed/

Ah thank you. Also, the reporter says LE believes Mariha was taken out through the window.

That seems strange to me. Why not just go out through a door? How do you climb out of a window holding a 5 yr old child?

I do not believe he could have climbed out the window that the couch was up against with the sleeping mom.

I wonder who told the reporter what LE thought? LE or a family member?

"They think I'm a suspect right now, and I told them I never had anything to do with my daughter missing," she said. "They said they don't understand how someone can go over your head and take your daughter. I wish I knew! So, hopefully, after I take a lie detector test, they'll get up and start looking for her. I'm praying they've been looking for her."

http://www.freep.com/article/201107...ead-burning-house-suffocated?odyssey=nav|head

That seems strange to me. Why not just go out through a door? How do you climb out of a window holding a 5 yr old child?

I do not believe he could have climbed out the window that the couch was up against with the sleeping mom.

I wonder who told the reporter what LE thought? LE or a family member?

Well they didn't say anything about climbing. Someone inside could pass the child out to someone outside. That would fit with what the reporter said LE believes - the child was taken out through the window.

Hmmmm...that is interesting. If she passed with flying colors she would have been home before lunch, imo.

Yep there's an excellent FBI document I can't find my link for so take with a grain of salt, but it says people who pass go home. People who fail or are inconclusive are heavily interrogated right afterwards, because statistics show that's the time the person is most likely to confess.

IIRC, a poly takes an hour and a half.

I researched this stuff for Hailey Dunn's case because of all the poly stuff and I don't know what the heck I did with my poly links. I'll keep looking. It's good reference material.

I feel sick.

Whether or not the burned child is Mariha.....she is someone's child and she has been murdered. It's beyond horrifying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back