MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching how sweetly she ran to get her head start dipolma here in this short video makes my heart ache so much for her. She should be running and playing now ! :(

When videos are posted right here on the page, they never ever play for me, it says "an error has occured". Is there something I need to do to be able to see them?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bride
Something that has been bothering me.
What 5 year old comes home to change their clothes?
Have the parents of the friend she was playing with said anything about her getting really messy and maybe they suggested to her that she go change? Were the clothes she changed out of still there to be checked?

It breaks my heart to find out how this little girl was failed by so many.

VB

I have 3 kids (youngest being 7) and this was the first thing I said. My 7yo would leave on his clothes for 3 or 4 days if you let him. That was a real big flag to me.

I didn't think it was a red flag. Is your 7 year old a boy? My daughter will change her clothes 4 or 5 times a day depending on what she's doing and she is 11. She has been doing that since she learned how to pull her own shirt off though. My boys, 16 and 13, (god, I feel so old when I type that and I am only 36) shower 3 times a day and change 2x a day.

When I read that Navaeh was last seen by her mom when she came in to change clothes I assumed Nevaeh might have thought she was going somewhere and wanted to look nice. Maybe someone at the apartments was going somewhere and she changed so that she might be considered for the storetrip(or whatnot) as well.

I didn't think it was a red flag. Is your 7 year old a boy? My daughter will change her clothes 4 or 5 times a day depending on what she's doing and she is 11. She has been doing that since she learned how to pull her own shirt off though. My boys, 16 and 13, (god, I feel so old when I type that and I am only 36) shower 3 times a day and change 2x a day.

When I read that Navaeh was last seen by her mom when she came in to change clothes I assumed Nevaeh might have thought she was going somewhere and wanted to look nice. Maybe someone at the apartments was going somewhere and she changed so that she might be considered for the storetrip(or whatnot) as well.

Keep in mind that the neighbors who fed her said that JB came and got Nevaeh to take her to the store with her at 3:30, and that Neveah does NOT come back up to play that day. The timeline and the storyline JB gave conflict with this information.

Thank you for the link. I like that search engine and the format they bring the results back in. Doesn't seem to be anything for this Savannah Gray though. I am starting to wonder if that is not her real name. For a girl that young to not have one single internet match? No profile, no school article or alumni page match, no phone listing, no address match old or new? Something seems askew to me with this....
It is strange. I would have expected, at the very least, a My Space page.

Keep in mind that the neighbors who fed her said that JB came and got Nevaeh to take her to the store with her at 3:30, and that Neveah does NOT come back up to play that day. The timeline and the storyline JB gave conflict with this information.

So she DID go to the store with someone that day right? Does the people she went with say she went home after they returned? Or did she grab her scooter and go out to play?

Maybe she is using an alias, or maybe she is an undercover. lol

Only my 14 yo dd would bother changing her clothes without prompting from an adult. My other two, 12 and 6, would never bother. My hinky radar perked at that comment from JB, but then I just disregarded it as maybe she meant that NB came in from playing and JB told her to change because they were going to the store.

So she DID go to the store with someone that day right? Does the people she went with say she went home after they returned? Or did she grab her scooter and go out to play?

She supposedly went with the mother so all info is sketchy.
All we know for sure is that the neighbors said Nevaeh left their home at 3:30 when JB came and got her so they could go to the store.
We know the search started around the Kmart when this first made the news.

I am doubtful they actually went to the store. They may have met someone (GK) in the parking lot or behind the building. I say that becasue we have not seen video of them in the store which would be the last known sighting if it existed, we have not heard the police ask people who were with them in the store to call if they have any info, we have not seen any witnesses saying they were there, and JB has not mentioned an outing while describing their day (to my knowledge). Why would that be left out by mom unless there is something in that timeframe she doesn't want to bring attention to?

impatientredhead, do you happen to have a link to the neighbor saying that or possibly direct me to where you read/heard it said? TIA!

I'm trying to remember all of the posts. I'm tending to agree with the person who is local and posted here that the perpetrator knew the area and the place where the body was found was simply an accessible area. It was clear of brush, where he could get down an embankment quickly to hide the body from eyeshot of the road or someone in a boat on the river. If he knew it was frequented by fishermen on the bank--he wouldn't risk discovery.

However, I'm not doubting the other theories, such as SS's where he did fish there, planned on returning to the site to relive or, an even more simple reason, to make sure the place wasn't disturbed.

She supposedly went with the mother so all info is sketchy.
All we know for sure is that the neighbors said Nevaeh left their home at 3:30 when JB came and got her so they could go to the store.
We know the search started around the Kmart when this first made the news.

I am doubtful they actually went to the store. They may have met someone (GK) in the parking lot or behind the building. I say that becasue we have not seen video of them in the store which would be the last known sighting if it existed, we have not heard the police ask people who were with them in the store to call if they have any info, we have not seen any witnesses saying they were there, and JB has not mentioned an outing while describing their day (to my knowledge). Why would that be left out by mom unless there is something in that timeframe she doesn't want to bring attention to?

Right....all the reports I read said that Nevaeh's mom got up to go look for her when another child came in to say that Nevaeh was riding her scooter in the road. Are you hypothesizing that the mom lied and she really lost track of Nevaeh at Kmart during her own store trip? Or that the mom traded her daughter for drugs? I can see that but I would be much more inclined to believe the child that says she saw Nevaeh riding her scooter in the road rather than the childs own mother....she has no credibility in my opinion whatsoever. Now if we knew what time the child reported Nevaeh riding her scooter in the road that would help but I don't see that happening.

Is 'sick and disturbed' all that LE has now?
OMG the guy was obviously drinking beer while digging grave/mixing concrete.

Since this is a common fishing area, I would not automatically assume that the beer can belonged to the perp. It could have been on the river bank or already partially buried and just ended up in the hole.

Since this is a common fishing area, I would not automatically assume that the beer can belonged to the perp. It could have been on the river bank or already partially buried and just ended up in the hole.

Hi triple A, I watched a video this morning that the FBI actually traced the purchase of the Busch beer can back to a little store. They must have been very interested in the beer can for them to have done that. I think looking at the can and being able to see that it was new would have made a difference. There is a link to that video on the first page of this thread. Very sad.

Right....all the reports I read said that Nevaeh's mom got up to go look for her when another child came in to say that Nevaeh was riding her scooter in the road. Are you hypothesizing that the mom lied and she really lost track of Nevaeh at Kmart during her own store trip? Or that the mom traded her daughter for drugs? I can see that but I would be much more inclined to believe the child that says she saw Nevaeh riding her scooter in the road rather than the childs own mother....she has no credibility in my opinion whatsoever. Now if we knew what time the child reported Nevaeh riding her scooter in the road that would help but I don't see that happening.

I am saying I doubt that the child knocked on the door. The boy that had given a two different statements (one about her riding in the street and one about going into the woods) have been retracted. I think *someone* may have asked this second child that was outside where Neveah is and they said they didn't know, I think there was some manipulation there, (child is helping to look for her and goes to mom's door to say she is "gone"/can't find her)... but no I don't think it happened organically. I personally believe JB walked her to where ever and dropped her off with *someone*.

there are savannah gray's listed on myspace in monroe, mi.
they just seemed never to get up and running

Also, in your notes of "events"....do we think it's significant enough due to the fire at the burial, to mention Easter....or have you guys ruled him out (or LE)

there are savannah gray's listed on myspace in monroe, mi.
they just seemed never to get up and running

Also, in your notes of "events"....do we think it's significant enough due to the fire at the burial, to mention Easter....or have you guys ruled him out (or LE)

Do you have a link to what you looking at on myspace?

I have tried Savannah Gray and Savannah Grey combined with Michigan, MI, and Monroe and "no results on myspace found" on all combos.

I bolded this statement. Could it be useful in researching savannah gray?
I'm streetviewing the area, but I have to leave my computer for awhile.
O/T...I think maybe the people that are SO's RSO's and 's should, unbeknownst to them, have spies assigned to them. Even drug dealers get narcs, right? Something different has to be done to protect out children

Kennedy said he had traded his Ford Thunderbird to Smith for his nephew's GMC van. He said he parked the van May 22 — two days before Nevaeh vanished — at the home of his girlfriend's mother on North Monroe Street after state troopers cited him for driving it without a valid registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA