MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If JB referred to the letter as being "innocent" then it confirms the story of there being a letter that LE found, yes? The question is then did she tear it up and toss it or did GK?

Also, if she was writing letters to him while he was incarcerated then how did she meet him at the Parole office? When was he in jail and for how long?
sorry if this has been answered already... I am just getting back in. In thread one or two you can find the links on the letter. There was a letter but LE would not comment on the content. We only know what Jennifer said about it.

The letter was found in the trash in her house. I think Jennifer tore it up after GK was taken into custody but that is just a guess. I don't know when he would have had a chance to go into her home and tear it up... The letter was written to GK from Jennifer and had never been sent. Lastly, I cannot recall exactly how long he was incarcerated. I know he only did a drop in the bucket of his sentence. Threads one and two have all of those links and websleuthing that was done early on with that... if I can get my kid to wind down from baseball I will do a search and bring those old posts forward.

Obviously both of them felt the need to account for some injuries. I think that LE might be using his parole violation to hold him in jail while awaiting test results and doing a thorough investigation. MOO

I agree, we've seen this happen before.

Just wanted to say... even if the perp is found to be a SO not directly linked to JB, there still could be a link. These scum travel and communicate in tight circles. JB's SO friend could have been the "middle man" in selling Nevaeh to another SO in the area. Sick, sick, sick, sick.... Is there no stopping this type of crime?

LOL My dog has his preferences on talking heads now. He can't stand JVM and growls at her every night, but adores NG.

I do feel it is my duty to warn you of WS addiction. It comes on quickly and without warning you find yourself here losing sleep, eating fast food, and unable to walk away. ;) And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Hee! I love your dog! I know exactly how he feels!

Obviously both of them felt the need to account for some injuries. I think that LE might be using his parole violation to hold him in jail while awaiting test results and doing a thorough investigation. MOO

yes, I read somewhere today that he went back to prison for a parole violation. I think the violation was being in the home where a child was. That would be Nevaeh. I can't remember where I read that.

I had posted last night my daughter has a full tattoo on her forearm. She just had it completed a few weeks ago. I asked her about the blood and she said it bleeds while they are doing it and they clean it up, then patch it up before she left. No blood at home afterwards.

I don't know how much blood was in the apartment, but if she bled from a tattoo she got a bad tat job, according to my daughter. Her and her friends have them all over. We talked about it again just today.

That story about Savannah and her blood from a tat is hinky hinky hinky, IMHO.

I'm reposting this as the link that I've included won't take you directly to the SO's pic so you'll have to enter the name PATTERFRITZ.

(Bold by Me)
Kennedy, 39, who was taken into custody on unrelated charges the night Nevaeh disappeared, told The Blade Wednesday that he drove with his girlfriend, Savannah Gray, to the child's preschool on Riverview Avenue, near her home in Charlotte Arms apartments, and then went to Greenwood Apartments to continue the search.
'I figured maybe she was back there playing. Savannah went one way and I went another way,' said Kennedy,
who has been locked up on an unrelated parole violation in the Monroe County jail since May 24, when Nevaeh went missing. '"We went to certain areas that I thought she could be."

After a security guard told him that police had been at the apartments looking for her, Kennedy said Nevaeh's mother reached him on his cell phone to tell him that sheriff's deputies wanted to talk to him about the missing girl because they learned he was a convicted sex offender.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...366/0/SPORTS04

This article peeked my curiousity yesterday as to why the Greenwood Apartments area was searched very early on - not only did someone obviously give police information that led them there to search right away, GK and GF Savannah, on their own, went there as well. It seems to me that Navaeh may have had a friend that lived there - whatever the case may be it appears that Navaeh had gone/been to Greenwood Apartments before (prior to her disappearance). Interestingly there is a SO that lives at 1256 Maple Blvd. which is directly onroute to Greenwood Ave where the Greenwood Apartments are located. Additionally I couldn't help but notice that if you follow Maple Blvd south all the way to the end, you come to E. Elm St. If you take a right onto E. Elm St, E Elm St. turns into W Elm St which then becomes N Custer Road - the road where Navaeh's body was found. It may be nothing and completely coincidental but I thought that I'd at least mention it in the event that the name or location sparks a thought with someone else. Below is a link to the RSO that I'm referring to.
Sorry about that. I even exchanged the family watchdog with the Michigan RSO link - still, same prob. Thanks kiki!! ((((hugs))))

Thanks, NeeBee! I think we had a lot of questions answered about the letter already from kind posters. I do need to go back to read the first threads this weekend to catch up if I am going to be here tho. I haven't had time to do my homework. :read:

I agree, we've seen this happen before.
So true! The only thing I'm slightly confused about is exactly when GK was taken into custody. My understanding is it was shortly after Nevaeh was reported missing. However, there also seems to be a time gap when JB last saw her and the call to LE, while she was supposedly out looking for her? As much as I think that GK could be involved, I don't see him having time to bury her. So my next thought is it possible he passed her off to a RSO "friend"? :waitasec: MOO

I am not typically the public listserve, forum or chat room type, but I feel lucky to have found this forum last night as I was grieving the loss of another innocent. The focused, intelligent, and caring posts here made me register last night and eagerly wait until today to be allowed to post. Now I can give my television and doggy a break from my monologue/rants about the news, and have a more productive dialogue here :) Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Welcome!:)

Well, the mother was befriending at least one RSO, so would we really expect her to be more vigilant about where Nevaeh was playing outside??? :eek: MOO

ITA My crackhead neighbor always sends her 4 year old boy out by himself when she is getting high. It is so obvious. The poor little guy walks around in circles crying his eyes out. Child protective services is there on an inconsistent basis. I just know something bad is going to happen to that baby boy. There is nothing I can do but watch out for him when I am home. So sad.

yes, I read somewhere today that he went back to prison for a parole violation. I think the violation was being in the home where a child was. That would be Nevaeh. I can't remember where I read that.
You are correct. :behindbar

I am just now watching NG and no one has made any comment about the perp putting her there for reliving his deed. I am surprised they are missing this aspect. It is a very telling sign, imo.

Looking at the crime scene, it appears LE moved the two flat rocks which I am guessing the killer placed partially over the gravesite. This would mean the perp could sit right there over her body. He set it up for himself to come back, imo (I don't think I need to spell out why he would do this).

I thought about the perp drowning her and it is possible (I don't care what Nancy says about it). The perp may have put her in the river to try and wash off evidence, too.

:shocked2: I need an avatar for a chill up my spine, the idea of a perp revisiting a dump site; I suppose it is a gravesite more than the type of dump site a stranger would go for. From the first report of Nevaeh being found covered with cement, I felt that the murderer had to have some kind of closeness with Nevaeh, be it emotional, physical, geographical. A stranger did not do this.

I am just now watching NG and no one has made any comment about the perp putting her there for reliving his deed. I am surprised they are missing this aspect. It is a very telling sign, imo.

Looking at the crime scene, it appears LE moved the two flat rocks which I am guessing the killer placed partially over the gravesite. This would mean the perp could sit right there over her body. He set it up for himself to come back, imo (I don't think I need to spell out why he would do this).

I thought about the perp drowning her and it is possible (I don't care what Nancy says about it). The perp may have put her in the river to try and wash off evidence, too.

ITA and the thought occurred to me that it may be information that LE doesn't want out - I agree completely with your assessment and I think that, not only where the body was placed but how it was placed there are significant and indicates that this guy may be someone who fishes at that very spot and wanted to revisit it everytime he put his bait on his line and sat there waiting for a bite. I've got news for him though - his days of waiting, baiting, and fishing are going to come to end very soon!

Just wanted to say... even if the perp is found to be a SO not directly linked to JB, there still could be a link. These scum travel and communicate in tight circles. JB's SO friend could have been the "middle man" in selling Nevaeh to another SO in the area. Sick, sick, sick, sick.... Is there no stopping this type of crime?

SO disgustingly true... and despite having been well aware of the "incestuous" circles these SOB's can belong to, for some reason it's in this case I sensed this--IOW caught myself actually referring subconsciously to more than one perp (ie in the plural, eesh) Perhaps if not accomplice, more like an accessory after the fact? Why do I think there are two (or maybe subconsciously I'm just blaming the parent on some level?)

:parrot:

I think two people had to commit this crime. This is a very steep embankment leading to the water edge it seems, and I would think no one could carry a child, cement, something to mix it in and a shovel or something to dig the shallow grave with by themselves. I really am questioning GK and Savannah. He said he was fishing that day, and I really am curious to where he was fishing. I also am curious as to the timeline of when she actually went missing??? There are too many conflicting stories out there. Is there a phone record of the exact time JB called GK to alert him that Nevaeh was missing??? I feel for this family, but my Goodness I have to say everyone of them let this child down in some way.

So true! The only thing I'm slightly confused about is exactly when GK was taken into custody. My understanding is it was shortly after Nevaeh was reported missing. However, there also seems to be a time gap when JB last saw her and the call to LE, while she was supposedly out looking for her? As much as I think that GK could be involved, I don't see him having time to bury her. So my next thought is it possible he passed her off to a RSO "friend"? :waitasec: MOO

The timeline seems to be widening between the last verified account of seeing Neveah (3:30ish when she left with her mom to go to the store) and the time she was reported missing. The kids being with her and knocking on the door *seem* be falling apart. That puts us in a 5 hour window.....

I believe when the laws became stiffer for pedos we began seeing more murders in concert with the sexual assaults. Now it is time to up the penalties even more and go to the extreme. The only way to stop them is to take them out of society once they have been found guilty. It is ridiculous to put them back on the streets to reoffend. :furious:

They do congregate, but I have come to believe it is fairly rare to see a pedo share in the actual act. From everything I have read...while it is common to share videos and photos...the perp wants to experience the act solo. It doesn't mean the perp didn't have help in the abduction or cover up tho.

ITA My crackhead neighbor always sends her 4 year old boy out by himself when she is getting high. It is so obvious. The poor little guy walks around in circles crying his eyes out. Child protective services is there on an inconsistent basis. I just know something bad is going to happen to that baby boy. There is nothing I can do but watch out for him when I am home. So sad.

Omg ggp you are breaking my heart about the little boy... :( I have rescued children as young as three who've been injured playing alone on the play equipment, too young even to vebalize for me where they live, younger children injured by bullies, toddlers playing in the parking lot, I've spoken w parents, reported to apt mgmt, called CP don't know how many times but they will not investigate, only "document" until something like this happens I suppose... Then will come the fingerpointing, the wailing and wringing of hands, don't get me started granny :banghead: I'm right there w you, watching, warning, praying....... :prayer:

:parrot:

The timeline seems to be widening between the last verified account of seeing Neveah (3:30ish when she left with her mom to go to the store) and the time she was reported missing. The kids being with her and knocking on the door *seem* be falling apart. That puts us in a 5 hour window.....
That wider timeline fits in more with what I'm thinking too, which would allow the two people I have in mind time to commit the murder and bury Nevaeh before JB reports her missing. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose