MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI...........In the Samantha Runion kidnap and murder, the perp was caught on camera getting gas AFTER the child was kidnapped. You could see his car and there was no VISIBLE sign of Samantha in the car. HOWEVER, it was later learned LE detected DNA tear evidence on the console of the perps vehicle. It's determined she most likely was laying on the seat unconscious. She had blunt force trauma prior to death. That's not what killed her though, I believe.

So,..........if this person was getting gas, so what? Like others said, she could have been in the trunk or whatever.

Yes EXACTLY. Samantha Runnion, another little angel :steamed: It's just too much to bear :furious: :mad: :steamed:

:parrot:

"I want to see her one more time no matter what," Jennifer Buchanan said. "I'm hoping that it is completely over."

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...vaeh-s-mom---I-want-to-see-her-one-more-time-

This really bothered me, hoping it's competely over means hoping the body is positively identified as her daughter, right ?

I would be praying "please God, don't let this be my baby".

Oh my!

I honestly think that LE is just stringing the various players along at this point in order to get the maximum statements out of them. I think GK is their primary suspect, and they know he is safely tucked away in a cell at the moment so they can take their time and do the investigation right before they have to start the clock on a trial or discovery.

On NG they are showing them measuring the grave and I swear you can see the raised part where she is. It's making me sick watching it.
At least we're getting a lot more first-hand information than last night ~ such as Mr. Bickley speaking directly about the discovery. :)

Catching up here...way way behind, but has there been anymore info on the bloody shirt or whatever it was in whoever's (I know it was an SO) motel room?? That seems to be weird as heck to me. Also....can't stand the mothers slow monotone voice when she's interviewed by that radio station. No emotion whatsoever.
I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to catch up yet either. I was at work and the first news I've heard today is on Nancy's show. :)

"The lesson to be learned from this is, DON'T LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATTENDED ON THE STREET" (Mark Klaas on NG)

WHAT MARK SAID. Nevaeh's mother said she "would never have gone w a stranger." Where have we heard this before!!!? :banghead:

Catching up here...way way behind, but has there been anymore info on the bloody shirt or whatever it was in whoever's (I know it was an SO) motel room?? That seems to be weird as heck to me. Also....can't stand the mothers slow monotone voice when she's interviewed by that radio station. No emotion whatsoever.

FWIW I believe the specific blood sample found in motel and tested was found inconsistent--ie was not Nevaeh's.

"DON'T LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNDEFENDED ON THE STREET" (Mark Klaas on NG)
WHAT MARK SAID.

FWIW I believe the blood found in motel was tested and found inconsistent--ie was not Nevaeh's.

Honestly, I cannot believe in this day and age, people actually need to be reminded not to leave their children on the street undefended. I raised children for more than thirty years and since the 70's, my children were never allowed to play out front without a parent being there. It didn't matter if it was So. Calif or Oregon, LA County, or any desert town. Parents need to be aware there's ALWAYS someone looking for victims!

JMHO
fran

"The lesson to be learned from this is, DON'T LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNDEFENDED ON THE STREET" (Mark Klaas on NG)

WHAT MARK SAID. Nevaeh's mother said she "would never have gone w a stranger." Where have we heard this before!!!? :banghead:

FWIW I believe the blood found in motel was tested and found inconsistent--ie was not Nevaeh's.

(bolding mine)

I happen to believe that it's true and I think JB's statement about Nevaeh never going with a stranger was a major faux pas! This tells me that the perp was somebody both JB and Nevaeh knew and narrows it down considerably. MOO

Honestly, I cannot believe in this day and age, people actually need to be reminded not to leave their children on the street undefended. I raised children for more than thirty years and since the 70's, my children were never allowed to play out front with out a parent being there. It didn't matter if it was So. Calif or Oregon, LA County, or any desert town. Parents need to be aware there's ALWAYS someone looking for victims!

JMHO
fran
Well, the mother was befriending at least one RSO, so would we really expect her to be more vigilant about where Nevaeh was playing outside??? :eek: MOO

Your question in the heading: Does anyone know who had custody of Nevaeh while Ms. JB was in prison?
Jennifer's B's mother.

Thanks FifthEssense. Sorry about the incorrect posting. I should have known better. I have posted before, but it's been a long time.

So, why did JB have Nevaeh? Should'nt the JB's mother be in trouble too and just as responsible as JB to allow Nevaeh around SOs?

Also, has anyone seen a picture of JB without sunglasses on?

WHOA--------Nellie Olsen is on the case and she's mad.

Nevaeh's mother sounds like a junkie to me. she is just blaise. ...people can be sex offenders...they may not be sex offenders...that's ok...you don't know who a sex offender is...anyone blah blah blah...yeah she might be gone...someone snatched her...

mother is on opiates....it would be easy to get at her kid...heroin is cheap and the mother will go to sleep and give him free reign...yeah she was always there..but she wasn't awake and she doesn't really care cause she is on drugs.

(bolding mine)

I happen to believe that it's true and I think JB's statement about Nevaeh never going with a stranger was a major faux pas! This tells me that the perp was somebody both JB and Nevaeh knew and narrows it down considerably. MOO

(bbm) As Mark Klaas so rightly pointed out, "No five year-old child can resist the advances of a child predator." The fallacy is that a child has any say in their abduction! No matter how sure we are our children "wouldn't go willingly" or how well we tell ourselves we've prepared our children (and I've warned my six year-old daughter as much any parent can conceivably equip a child her age), this is one hypothesis we as parents can NEVER afford to TEST! To allow these children, three, four, five, six year-olds, to play for days and weeks unsupervised based on the notion they're somehow "stranger-proof" or we tell ourselves "Oh they'd never go with a stranger" is WORSE than naivite or denial, it's child endangerment. And I see it everywhere I look.

We're having a bad thunderstorm here and my tv just went out, therefore I'm going to miss the last 15 minutes of NG. If anything new comes out, please post it here...thanks!

i wonder if they can pull any prints off that cement

Nancy's discussing now the possibility of more than one perp.

(Bold by Me)
Kennedy, 39, who was taken into custody on unrelated charges the night Nevaeh disappeared, told The Blade Wednesday that he drove with his girlfriend, Savannah Gray, to the child's preschool on Riverview Avenue, near her home in Charlotte Arms apartments, and then went to Greenwood Apartments to continue the search.
'I figured maybe she was back there playing. Savannah went one way and I went another way,' said Kennedy, who has been locked up on an unrelated parole violation in the Monroe County jail since May 24, when Nevaeh went missing. '"We went to certain areas that I thought she could be."

After a security guard told him that police had been at the apartments looking for her, Kennedy said Nevaeh's mother reached him on his cell phone to tell him that sheriff's deputies wanted to talk to him about the missing girl because they learned he was a convicted sex offender.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090604/NEWS02/906040366/0/SPORTS04

This article peeked my curiousity yesterday as to why the Greenwood Apartments area was searched very early on - not only did someone obviously give police information that led them there to search right away, GK and GF Savannah, on their own, went there as well. It seems to me that Navaeh may have had a friend that lived there - whatever the case may be it appears that Navaeh had gone/been to Greenwood Apartments before (prior to her disappearance). Interestingly there is a SO that lives at 1256 Maple Blvd. which is directly onroute to Greenwood Ave where the Greenwood Apartments are located. Additionally I couldn't help but notice that if you follow Maple Blvd south all the way to the end, you come to E. Elm St. If you take a right onto E. Elm St, E Elm St. turns into W Elm St which then becomes N Custer Road - the road where Navaeh's body was found. It may be nothing and completely coincidental but I thought that I'd at least mention it in the event that the name or location sparks a thought with someone else. Below is a link to the RSO that I'm referring to.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=8508271

Just reported on NG that the FBI is suggesting it's possible there are two people involved. This is my theory. Two people...blood in the motel room. Those two, with the conflicting stories about the blood.

(bbm) As Mark Klaas so rightly pointed out, "No five year-old child can resist the advances of a child predator." The fallacy is that a child has any say in their abduction! No matter how sure we are our children "wouldn't go willingly" or how well we tell ourselves we've prepared our children (and I've warned my six year-old daughter as much any parent can conceivably equip a child her age), this is one hypothesis we as parents can NEVER afford to TEST! To allow these children, three, four, five, six year-olds, to play for days and weeks unsupervised based on the notion they're somehow "stranger-proof" or we tell ourselves "Oh they'd never go with a stranger" is WORSE than naivite or denial, it's child endangerment. And I see it everywhere I look.

I totally agree with you. A 5 y/o girl has no chance against a grown man bent on abducting her and the perp will always think of a way to lure the child into his car, or abduct her without her making a sound. What is worse in this scenario is that the mother knows at least one person who is a RSO and defended him after Nevaeh went missing. How can she be so sure that 1) Nevaeh wouldn't have gotten in a car with a stranger or 2) that her "friend" is innocent? Or that someone he might know who is also a RSO is innocent? MOO

Of course as you say that's assuming parents care enough to use judgment and be careful who they themselves invite into their childrens' lives... as we all know, in perhaps this case and in others, it isn't always "strangers" that present ultimately the gravest danger. So much for "stranger danger." :rolleyes:

Just reported on NG that the FBI is suggesting it's possible there are two people involved. This is my theory. Two people...blood in the motel room. Those two, with the conflicting stories about the blood.
I also agree. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member