MI MI - Randa Jawhari, 42, Fenton, 11 Feb 2009

Two years later — Randa Jawhari still missing

Friday marks the two-year anniversary of Randa Jawhari’s disappearance.

One of eight siblings, Randa was 42 years old when family reported her missing on Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2009. Jawhari’s mother, Anisse Jawhari, stopped by Randa’s apartment shortly after 8 a.m. after dropping Randa’s daughter off at school.

Randa’s tiny apartment at 3464 Shiawassee Avenue was empty. There were no signs of foul play or other evidence to suggest where she had gone.

More: http://www.tctimes.com/articles/2011/02/09/news/doc4d52a77547013703164903.txt

Sam Jawhari tried to save his daughter Briona when he found her lifeless body behind her bedroom door on Valentines Day.

He tried CPR with help from 911 dispatchers. But Briona Jawhari died at age 17 after an apparent heroin overdose.

[snip]

Randa Jawhari, Briona’s aunt, has been missing since Feb. 11, 2009.

The ongoing search for the woman, who suffers from bipolar disorder and left behind a 5-year-old daughter when she disappeared, has taken it’s toll on the family.

“Since my sister has come up missing, we haven’t been able to all get together,” Sam Jawhari said about his family, which gathered at his Fenton Township house on Friday after the funeral. “There’s just too much pain. We haven’t been able to be in the same room together.

“With Briona’s death, it’s brought us together. We’ve been gathered ever since Monday.”

The family’s Beirut Restaurant in Linden, where Briona was known as an animated young server with an infectious smile, has been closed all week since her death.

After the funeral on Friday, the family found that customers had placed stuffed animals, pictures and candles outside the restaurant.

Jawhari said one regular customer pulled up to the restaurant and walked up to the door, found out what happened, and burst into tears.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...hree_days_di.html#cmpid=v2mode_be_smoref_face

The pain just goes on, for this entire family. Randa did not resurface for the funeral.
RIP Briona.

I am new to this site and came across this person was wondering if she could have possibly gone to Canada....found a person who could possibly be her in Montreal.

Welcome to WebSleuths M E Masterson!

If you really believe that you may have seen Randa please contact the Fenton Police Department at 810-629-5311.

Again, welcome!

~Summer_Breeze

The disappearance of Randa has devastated this strong, loving family.. I have read about her over the course of the last year or so and in checking in on her case I realized that there was in fact a thread here for her at WS.. I can tell you that from just loosely following her case that what has always struck me and drawn me in was/is the very apparent love for this woman from her extremely close knit family.. It as I said has devastated their lives and very much appears as tho a very real part of each and every one of Randa's siblings(7 of them) along with her precious parents.. It's as tho an actual piece of their souls were stripped and taken from them on that February day/night now 3 long years ago..

I know there are so many cases of so very many families who have a missing loved one that many years pass and yet they still have no answers to what/who/how their loved one was taken from them.. But something about this family's very deep, very real, unconditional love for Randa along with the fact that their lives in very real ways came to halt February 11, 2009 and they just have never been able to even begin to recover, to move forward with their lives.. I realize they are not the only family that are stuck in the horror of a nightmare having come to life, but I personally can feel and sense the raw emotions that strike my heart when reading their words of desperation in longing to have the answers to what happened to Randa..

They are begging for the answers and promising in return nothing but forgiveness and understanding if only that person would just come forward and tell them what happened to their beautiful Randa.. I believe they are of the mindset that they know in their hearts without a shadow of a doubt that Randa was taken from this world and that she is not just out there somewhere living another life.. The bond that this extremely tight knit family shares is deep, strong, connected and they know that especially with Randa's fragile emotional/mental state that she needed them more so than ever during that time that she disappeared.. Just as her brother, Sam said Randa needed and depended on her family for everything.. Randa needed them essentially to live and therefor her never making contact from that last point at 11:20pm February 10, 2009.. I believe that each and every one of their hearts knew that was only indicative of one, single solitary thing.. And that was that Randa was gone.. Randa was gone from this earthly life and that her life and light had been extinguished by another..

They want NO revenge.. No harm .. Not even ill will toward the individual that is responsible for taking their Randa from them.. They are asking for so very little and willing to give everything in return for just the simple answers to what happened to Randa that day/night of February 10/11 2009.. And I desperately want this precious family to be granted those answers.. Granted that peace and solace that they have long since deserved..

Granted that freedom of their souls that are withered and dying while still stuck in that moment in time of horror realizing that Randa was gone.. Gone without a trace.. Vanished into thin air.. And anguishing in the forever thoughts of what could have happened.. How much and how long she could have suffered at the hands of another.. Those years of thoughts running wild are so very much worse than what the truth is no matter how bleak..

The horror and never ending anguish is more painful than any other state that a human being can be left to.. The not knowing never ends and the endless thoughts of horrors of her suffering never end and that above all else this family deserves at the very least TO HAVE ENDED IMMEDIATELY!!!!

The answers are here/there!!!.. They truly are and I believe in my heart of hearts this is NOT a case that has to be left doomed to never Being resolved.. I believe that resolution is a very real possibility(and will post some of my thoughts/opinions on possibilities, suspects, and ways/means to bring possible resolution for this family)..

If the family happens to read here.. I would say to you to hold on and don't give up(and I know you'd never give up on Randa) but I also know that hopelessness sets in and the hope of resolution fades and becomes unattainable.. You all deserve these answers.. Above all Randa's beautiful daugher deserves the answers of what happened to her mommy..

God bless this precious, loving family that has been in this anguish of just not knowing for now over 3years.. I pray God grant you all the peace and solace you each deserve in having the answers about Randa..

http://www.tctimes.com/news/four-ye...cle_219dd974-72c4-11e2-9578-001a4bcf887a.html

Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:22 am

It’s hard to believe that it’s been four years since Randa Jawhari was reported missing. Family members last spoke with the 42-year-old Fenton woman around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2009.

51165c0673c32.preview-300.png

From the WHMI.com (a local radio station) web page:
Five Years Later, Family Still Searching for Missing Fenton Woman
2/12/14 - Tuesday marked the five year anniversary of a Fenton woman’s disappearance and her family continues to search for answers. Then 42-year-old Randa Jawhari vanished from her apartment complex on Shiawassee Avenue near US-23 in Fenton on February 11th, 2009. Police say there were no signs of foul play or other clues as to where she may have gone. Randa, who had been diagnosed with mental illness, didn’t own a car, cell phone or credit card. Extensive searches were conducted and at one point her family paid to have a billboard asking for information about her disappearance. Fenton Police had very few leads in the case and there’s been no new information but say someone knows something about what happened, and one tip could help solve the case. The website www.findranda.org remains active and the family has been using other social networking sites in hopes of finding closure one day. More recently, the family has started tying purple ribbons around trees in her memory. Family members still ask that anyone with information come forward and a cash reward through Crime Stoppers of Michigan is still being offered. (JM) Web Link:http://www.findranda.org/Share:Email This Article to a FriendShare:Share on Facebook

Has there been any follow up with the woman in Montreal? I am a local and know that her family misses her dearly and deserves answers.

"Still no sign of Genesee County woman missing for more than six years"

http://www.wnem.com/story/29514813/still-no-sign-of-genesee-county-woman-missing-for-more-than-six-years

Rocky Jawhari is at a loss. Her family desperately trying to find out what happened to her sister Randa. She disappeared without a trace six years ago. The forty two-year-old was last seen on Shiawasee Avenue near U.S. 23 in Fenton wearing a long blue bathrobe. Crime stoppers is trying to solve this cold case. All in an effort to get these emotional family members answers.

Police, Family Hold Onto Hope Seven Years After Fenton Woman's Disappearance

http://whmi.com/news/article/24820

While the strange disappearance of a Fenton woman seven years ago is technically a cold case, police and family members are holding onto hope. Then 42-year-old Randa Jawhari vanished from her apartment complex on Shiawassee Avenue near US-23 on February 11th, 2009. Police were left with no signs of foul play or other clues as to where she may have gone.

While now considered a cold case, Fenton Police Chief Rick Aro says that doesn’t mean they’ve given up hope of solving it and they talk with the family on a regular basis and follow up on tips and information that comes in.

Still nothing on Randa. I grew up very close to Fenton and had friends that lived in the area. I remember reading about this when it happened.

Since she was a dependent adult, how did she get to her appointments? Did she have a social worker who drove her? A family member? A medical bus transport type of thing? Did this mystery man take her to other appointments? I read that she had a daughter being raised by Randa's family. What about her daughter's father? Was he in the picture at all? Did she have a boyfriend or did she date at all?

This is all stuff LE would have gone over, right?

Sam Jawhari tried to save his daughter Briona when he found her lifeless body behind her bedroom door on Valentines Day.

He tried CPR with help from 911 dispatchers. But Briona Jawhari died at age 17 after an apparent heroin overdose.

[snip]

Randa Jawhari, Briona’s aunt, has been missing since Feb. 11, 2009.

The ongoing search for the woman, who suffers from bipolar disorder and left behind a 5-year-old daughter when she disappeared, has taken it’s toll on the family.

“Since my sister has come up missing, we haven’t been able to all get together,” Sam Jawhari said about his family, which gathered at his Fenton Township house on Friday after the funeral. “There’s just too much pain. We haven’t been able to be in the same room together.

“With Briona’s death, it’s brought us together. We’ve been gathered ever since Monday.”

The family’s Beirut Restaurant in Linden, where Briona was known as an animated young server with an infectious smile, has been closed all week since her death.

After the funeral on Friday, the family found that customers had placed stuffed animals, pictures and candles outside the restaurant.

Jawhari said one regular customer pulled up to the restaurant and walked up to the door, found out what happened, and burst into tears.
Two teenagers in three days die of apparent heroin overdoses in Fenton and Fenton Township

The pain just goes on, for this entire family. Randa did not resurface for the funeral.
RIP Briona.

Very sad about Randa's niece. I have thought that she has possibly become one of the homeless but, after so much time, it does seem more likely she is not alive. I've known severely mentally ill dependent adults who've needed injection medications for symptoms, and I too wonder if she had a mental health case manager who helped. And who was the man accompanying her at the dental appt-how odd. Could've been a driver for contracted services but I'm concerned if he was someone she knew personally.

There is a private Facebook group for Randa, missing 12 years now :(
Facebook Groups

Fenton woman still missing more than 13 years after disappearance
FENTON, Mich. (FOX 2) - A Fenton woman is still missing after she disappeared more than 13 years ago.

Randa Jawhari, who was 42 when she disappeared, spoke to her sister at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 2022. Jawhari told her sister she was going to bed, then did not answer the phone the next day.

She was last known to be at her apartment in the 3000 block of W. Shiawassee near US-23. When a family member checked her home, they said her clothes were laid out, untouched, and it did not look like she slept in her bed. No personal belongings were taken, either.

At the time, Jawhari was 5 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighed 100 pounds. She had shoulder-length brown hair. She has brown eyes. She also has double piercings in both ears and a scar on her abdomen.

Randa’s sister Fadia was the last family member with whom Randa spoke, which was at approximately 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2009. Their mother, Anisse Jawhari, called Randa’s Shiawassee Avenue apartment at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 11, however, Randa didn’t answer the landline phone. She had been living alone in an apartment at 3464 Shiawassee Avenue, about one quarter mile east of U.S. 23 and across from Whispering Pines Trail. Her apartment is visible from U.S. 23.

Randa 2.jpg

After dropping her granddaughter off at school, Randa’s mother, who cared for her granddaughter, stopped by Randa’s apartment to check on her. The apartment was empty. A scheduled Your Ride van that was to pick up Randa at 8:15 a.m. that morning did not happen since Randa wasn’t there.

Feb 13, 2024

by Caleb Holloway and Courtney Bennett February 12th 2024
''She was last seen wearing a long blue bathrobe, according to police.
At the time of her disappearance, Randa was 42-years-old.
If you have any information on this case, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-JAIL (5245).''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back