MI MI - Randa Jawhari, 42, Fenton, 11 Feb 2009

I always have hopes that there will be some news about Randa.

That program -- the Western Michigan University Cold Case Program with the Michigan State Police -- has helped Detective Tom Cole of the Fenton Police Department this semester, teaming him with five students as Cole reviews the investigation into the 2009 disappearance of Randa Jawhari.

“I would not be as far in this case as I am if it wasn’t for this program,” Cole said. “These kids are amazing.”

Students Sean Montroy, Kate Whitton, Madelyn Mill, Sydney Thornton and Elizabeth Jervis have partnered with Cole, giving him additional sets of hands as he continues the search for Jawhari.

On Monday, Feb. 12, the students were front and center at a news conference hosted by Crime Stoppers of Flint and Genesee County, as the agency announced on the day following the 15th anniversary of Jawhari’s disappearance that a $2,500 reward is still being offered for information in her case.

“We sincerely hope that we can help Detective Cole provide closure for this family,” Whitton said at the news conference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back