GUILTY MI - Raulie Casteel charged in 20+ serial highway shootings, Oct 2012

October 31, 2012 at 8:27 am

Road rage incident sparks fears of another I-96 shooting

By Tony Briscoe
The Detroit News

An incident along the I-96 corridor early Wednesday in Brighton prompted initials fears of another roadway shooting, but authorities said it turned out to be a case of road rage.

Two motorists were involved in a yelling match on the side of the highway on I-96 near Spencer Road. There was no assault or damage to their vehicles, said Michigan State Police Lt. Mike Shaw.

"There's so many rumors and innuendoes," Shaw said. "If there's any information on the shootings, Michigan State Police or the task force will let the people know as much as we can without hindering the investigation."

Authorities were originally dispatched to the Brighton area Wednesday morning as broadcast media reported another possible vehicle shooting along the I-96 corridor...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121031/METRO/210310378#ixzz2AtB9ErhX

geez! This is UBER CREEPY and in my neck of the woods basically...

I hope the reward works and this person is arrested quickly! People are nutso enough driving on the highways around here that we do not need this going on as well!!!

November 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Investigation: I-96 shooter using semi-automatic handgun

By Tony Briscoe
The Detroit News

A multi-agency task force searching for a suspect in a series of shootings along Interstate 96 says that based on bullet fragments recovered from the scenes, the shooter is most likely using a semi-automatic handgun.

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said Thursday that evidence was recovered from nine of the 24 vehicles shot on Michigan roadways. All nine have been traced back to one gun, which he said is a handgun...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121101/METRO/211010441#ixzz2AzeRD1be

abc_michigan_shooter_nt_121101_wg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigans-96-gunman-sought-cops/story?id=17614929#.UJMk8GeYRd0

"First he said to call the cops," she said. "I thought he got robbed, but then he said I just got shot off the highway."

Only 30 minutes earlier and a mile away, another car on the interstate was hit with a bullet entering through the back window and slicing through the car. That driver was not injured.

Stay safe my Michigan friends!

As if the freeway shootings weren't enough, this morning some school kids and neighbors found a naked woman in a ditch barely breathing and she had been stabbed in the back of the neck. She is now in the hospital in critical condition. The road she was found on is the road where my grandchildren go to school. Its not far from my daughter's house. Then just before that, a 92 year old man was shot in his kitchen in Flint. People said he was a man who was nice to everyone, took daily walks and chatted with neighbors, and was kind to everyone. He'd lived all those years and had done many good things, only to be killed in his own home by an unknown shooter. This crime in Michigan, and especially in the areas of Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw has gotten way out of control. No one is safe. There are armed robberies daily of banks, credit unions, and stores, plus private citizens. Lots of carjackings and homes being shot into by drive by shooters. Its scary to even go out on the streets and now the expressways too. So many people just have no respect for life and there are drugs and gangs all over the place. Just a week or so ago, an 87 year old woman in Flint was raped, robbed, and beaten up while bring in groceries from her car in the daytime in Flint. Is our whole society, cities, and state going to hell? When will all this end? There have now been 59 murders in Flint so far this year, not counting those in the suburbs. A new city jail just opened up (the old one revamped) but is it helping? It does give a bit more space to put criminals temporarily. But what then????? God help us all!

Mich. police seek suspect in 24 shootings

DETROIT — Officers have begun pulling over and questioning drivers in four Michigan counties in the hopes of catching a man suspected of shooting at other motorists over the past two weeks, including one driver who was wounded over the weekend.

Officers are searching for anything out of the norm in Oakland, Livingston, Ingham and Shiawassee counties, where the suspect is believed to have fired on two dozen vehicles since Oct. 16, said Lt. Mike Shaw, of the state police post in Brighton.

more at link ............ http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/6026503-Mich-police-seek-suspect-in-24-shootings/

Task force increases patrols in shooter area, reassures Michigan State football fans roadway to game is safe

Police hope to ease fears, hysteria over Michigan roadway shooter with increased patrols

Published On: Nov 01 2012 02:45:47 PM EDT Updated On: Nov 01 2012 07:26:39 PM EDT

INGHAM COUNTY, Mich. -
A law enforcement task force investigating the roadway shooter said Thursday they will increase patrols in southeast Michigan to ease fear and hysteria surrounding the shootings.

Police said they have more than 100 full-time investigators working to find the suspect who is responsible for firing shots at cars or people in Oakland, Ingham, Livingston and Shiawassee counties. Since Oct. 16, 24 incidents have occurred.

Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth described the area under watch as a "100-mile crime scene."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...safe/-/4714498/17228194/-/4t0jgn/-/index.html

I'm taking surface streets to stay safer, but you just never really know with someone like this--he could be anywhere.

11803585-small.jpg

11803603-small.jpg

Images taken from a surveillance camera, showing a "possible witness" to the shootings taken at a Brighton Mobil on Oct. 27, This person was driving a black 2008-2012 Chevy Malibu .

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/11/police_release_surveillance_ph.html

Also at this link is a listing of the location and time of each shooting as well as a map.

(MOO, but the "witness" has a considerable resemblance to the sketch of the suspect. Hmmmmm.)

Wow very good. Someone will recognize him, I'm convinced he lives right in the area.
It just gave me shivers reading the list of roads that shootings have occured. scary!
They need to give a height. He looks tall.

Just an fyI my gorgeous 25 yr boy has a 2009 black malibu, does drive the area but is definatly not that guy & he's been super busy having my 1st grandbaby this past week. Well babymama was having, he's been waiting on her.

Congratulations, Toby! That's wonderful news.

It's amazing how, even though the odds are so slight that anyone you know will be injured, let alone killed by this wacko, the thought that he is out there and can hurt someone at any time is terrorizing.

I remember being nervous filling up my gas tank during the Beltway shootings, even though I didn't live anywhere near there.

Stay safe and focus on the joy of your new family member.

Person of interest in I-96 shootings comes forward

Police say man was cooperative

Published On: Nov 03 2012 02:18:40 PM EDT Updated On: Nov 03 2012 02:22:26 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ward/-/4714498/17255336/-/du95e9/-/index.html

November 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Police talk to person of interest in I-96 shootings

By Mike Martindale, Tony Briscoe, Tom Greenwood and Lauren Abdel-Razzaq
The Detroit News

A man believed to be a "potential witness" to a series of at least 24 shootings along the Interstate 96 corridor contacted the task force investigating the incidents Friday night.

Police say he was cooperative and assisted the task force with their investigation.

Authorities released surveillance photos of the man earlier in the day on Friday.

Investigators issued the blurry images of the bald man, dressed in a light-colored T-shirt, plus a photo of a black four-door sedan seen at a Mobil gas station in Brighton on Oct. 27...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121103/METRO02/211030387#ixzz2BBcEOaVs

Just expanding on the above.

Police say the man whose photos they released Friday as a possible witness to a shooting along the I-96 corridor has talked to investigators and is not believed to be linked "in any way, shape or form" to the spate of shootings since October.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121104/NEWS05/311040296/Wixom-police-say-man-in-photos-not-a-suspect-in-I-96-shootings

The article says he spoke 'at length' is LE. I hope he saw something that will be useful in catching the shooter.

I didn't think the guy in the surveillance tape that came in to talk to police was him. Our evening news last night said they were still looking for the vehicle (black or dark colored Chevy Malibu), so I figured if he didn't have the car, he wasn't the guy.

Like someone else posted, it's almost like he is trying not to actually hit any people. Or he is the worst shot ever.

I don't very often have to drive from Flint to Detroit, but guess where my dentist is? Detroit. I won't get on 96, I just take 75 all the way down, and lately we get off in Troy or Hamtramck, so we won't be sitting ducks when we hit the traffic jams coming out of the Detroit suburbs. Makes me wonder if this isn't the shooters plan...keep people off 96. I'd be looking very hard at people that have lost family members or friends in I-96 crashes, people displaced by an recent construction or planned expansions, and anyone that might have a grudge against the freeway itself.

I didn't think the guy in the surveillance tape that came in to talk to police was him. Our evening news last night said they were still looking for the vehicle (black or dark colored Chevy Malibu), so I figured if he didn't have the car, he wasn't the guy.

Like someone else posted, it's almost like he is trying not to actually hit any people. Or he is the worst shot ever. I don't very often have to drive from Flint to Detroit, but guess where my dentist is? Detroit. I won't get on 96, I just take 75 all the way down, and lately we get off in Troy or Hamtramck, so we won't be sitting ducks when we hit the traffic jams coming out of the Detroit suburbs. Makes me wonder if this isn't the shooters plan...keep people off 96. I'd be looking very hard at people that have lost family members or friends in I-96 crashes, people displaced by an recent construction or planned expansions, and anyone that might have a grudge against the freeway itself.

BBM
That's why i think it's a bored, angry guy w/ to much time on his hands. I'm not male bashing but that's all I see all day it seems. So many people out of work. So many labor jobs slow down during the winter months. When I see the times of the shots and where he was, it just seems like someone who is used to being up early & who isn't trying to murder people, just scare and create havoc, something for him to laugh about, keep him busy. The first shots were on Wixom Rd, at spots it's only 25 mph. And 2 lanes w/ a middle turn lane. He had to have been off to the side or on a side street. Then i figured he liked the thrill so he moved to freeway to give him more room to hide and run. IDK. I drive Wixom Rd. go to Novi, Brighton, I96 and have family all around this area. It's just annoying now. I want him caught.

I read your quote again about having a grudge against the freeway itself and thought " i do know people that hate that freeway" Mostly older relatives who think it is way to busy and too fast. But they go out of their way to not drive that freeway. lol.

Like someone else posted, it's almost like he is trying not to actually hit any people. Or he is the worst shot ever.

I don't very often have to drive from Flint to Detroit, but guess where my dentist is? Detroit. I won't get on 96, I just take 75 all the way down, and lately we get off in Troy or Hamtramck, so we won't be sitting ducks when we hit the traffic jams coming out of the Detroit suburbs. Makes me wonder if this isn't the shooters plan...keep people off 96. I'd be looking very hard at people that have lost family members or friends in I-96 crashes, people displaced by an recent construction or planned expansions, and anyone that might have a grudge against the freeway itself.

I'm not sure about the theory that he is trying to keep people off I-96, as only a few of the shots were actually fired on I-96. Most were in the Wixom area, and, more recently (perhaps to reduce the focus on that area) the shootings took place more toward Lansing, past Fowlerville.
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda