MI MI - Raven Jeffries, 7, Detroit, 4 August 2006

They're reporting that a badly burned body was found --and that it appears to be someone younger than 12. I pray it's not her.......

palmerk said:
They're reporting that a badly burned body was found --and that it appears to be someone younger than 12. I pray it's not her.......

Who is reporting this? Click on Detroit doesn't have it yet.

clickondetroit has it --but you have to look for the red bar at the top of the screen labeled "breaking news" and click on it.

www.detnow.com which is channel 7 news also has it reported. They're saying an "african american child's" body was found --badly burned --identification to be made by dental records. The body was found in a field in Romulus(sp?)

Anything on the 5:00pm news?

I hate to say it but I think that this body that was found is going to be poor little Raven.

Unless it's a body that's been there for quite some time, it almost has to be her. I've heard nothing else about any other Detroit area children missing recently. Even if it's not her, it's someone's child. I'll never understand why people do such awful things.

Unfortunately people don't always report people missing in the city it seems like, over the last few days, there was someone found in a burnt out vehicle that they had no clue, someone was pulled from the river again, no clue, doesn't match reports etc, and now this...agreed it is someone's child, but hopefully it won't be her (Raven) Romulus is a good bit of a drive if I have my location of where she is from correct. Maybe half hour or so?

They just mentioned on the news that an 11 year old Detroit girl has been missing since last week. I'm not sure I got the name correct, I think it was Chantelle.

According to mapquest, it's 18 minutes from Raven's home to the field where the burnt body was found.

I just heard that the body is the same size as Ravens, and had braids in her hair, african american female. The body has been in the field for about a day.

This doesn't look good.

Edited to add her mother said she has never been to the dentist, but the mother has all her baby teeth that she lost (if they can connect the two). Not sure what the next step will be, they mentioned dental records, but there isn't any. Mother said she will give DNA.

Channel 2 here just reported that the body appears to be about the size of 14 year old girl and has probably been there for a couple days. They said they can't tell the race because the body is so badly burned. Odd.

They interviewed the mom, she seems so calm. I have to give her credit, I guess, because I'd be a wreck.

Mabel said:
They just mentioned on the news that an 11 year old Detroit girl has been missing since last week. I'm not sure I got the name correct, I think it was Chantelle.

According to mapquest, it's 18 minutes from Raven's home to the field where the burnt body was found.
Mabel,
I have searched the NCMEC site and I can't find an 11 year old missing from Detroit recently.

Mabel said:
Channel 2 here just reported that the body appears to be about the size of 14 year old girl and has probably been there for a couple days. They said they can't tell the race because the body is so badly burned. Odd.

They interviewed the mom, she seems so calm. I have to give her credit, I guess, because I'd be a wreck.

I just watched 7 and they said the body was a little over 4 feet tall. I am just guessing the reason they said it was an african american girl is because they said she had her hair in braids and her hair matched an african americans hair. However, I wish the news channels would get their stories straight. They again said identify by dental records and in an earlier report they said Raven has never been to the dentist. I am getting confused. :confused:

Shadow205 said:
Mabel,
I have searched the NCMEC site and I can't find an 11 year old missing from Detroit recently.

They talked about her a bit more. Her name is Chantelle (sp?) and she's been missing since last week. Police believe she's a runaway but mom says no way. She lives on Cheyenne street in Detroit.

I found one who has been missing since April who is very short for her age. Her is the listing for her. I have no idea how far Livonia, MI is from Detroit.

[size=+1]CHRISTIAN GRACE ROCKWELL[/size]Case Type: Endangered Runaway DOB: Mar 17, 1990Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Apr 18, 2006Race: White/HispAge Now: 16Height: 4'8" (142 cm)Missing City: LIVONIAWeight: 140 lbs (64 kg)Missing State : MIHair Color: Lt. BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BlueCase Number: NCMC1042435Circumstances: Christian was last seen on April 18, 2006. She may still be in the local area. The last time she was seen, Christian's hair was dyed black with pink streaks. Her ears are pierced multiple times. Christian's nickname is Chrissy.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1042435&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Shadow205 said:
I found one who has been missing since April who is very short for her age. Her is the listing for her. I have no idea how far Livonia, MI is from Detroit.

That is actually pretty close to that area. I do not think the body found is her. From what I heard the body matched Ravens height and weight. I have not heard anything about this other girl. I wonder why it has not been on the news.

On the news tonight: Clothing matching that Raven was last reported wearing was found with the body. Final identification will be made tomorrow when the autopsy is performed. Raven's family has not accepted that the body is Raven and they are still searching. Raven's mother sent a message of sympathy to whoever is the mother of the murdered girl.

Clothing matching that Raven was last reported wearing was found with the body. Final identification will be made tomorrow when the autopsy is performed.

My prayers go out to Raven's family. I can understand their denial and not wanting to beleive that this is her. With the clothing found with the body matching what Raven was last seen wearing I don't think that LE has much doubt on it being her. Poor baby.

Mabel said:
Raven's mother sent a message of sympathy to whoever is the mother of the murdered girl.

Oh........that's heartbreaking........... :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back