MI MI - Raven Jeffries, 7, Detroit, 4 August 2006

Did a journey on mapquest - after talking to hubby who grew up in the area - the outer edges of romulus is fields, rural etc. If you follow the intersections near Raven's house, and the area where the body was found, it was a direct route up the freeway (94) or could have even went straight up telegraph, telegraph is a fast paced road (45mph) speed limit while the freeway is 65 but we all know those numbers mean nothing compared to what people actually travel at =0.

My question though, if the body was so badly burned that they couldn't tell a race for sure, wouldn't the hair have been gone also? Or am I missing something?

Maybe not. The skin could have beeh charred but the hair not all buned. Remember it would only take a couple of hairs to determine race.

Shadow205 said:
Maybe not. The skin could have beeh charred but the hair not all buned. Remember it would only take a couple of hairs to determine race.
Thanks - I was thinking along the lines of how quickly hair singes - (scenario - lighting a cigarette, hair blows into flame)

Anyword on motives/suspects etc?

Why set her on fire? If they didn't want her ID'd then why didn't they just bury her? It's bad enough to murder someone but then to set their body on fire just increases the horror.

I wonder where this little one went when she left the porch? Didn't anyone in the neighborhood see anything? So how far away from her home was her body found? Someone had to have had a car. I guess she could have been grabbed right off of the sidewalk.

I feel so bad for her mom. I don't blame her for not wanting to believe that the child is Raven. She will keep that horrible pain at bay until she can't anymore.

It seems like it is just one child right after the other. I'm so glad that I don't have small children. I would probably drive them to having breakdowns I would be so protective. I would never want them out of my sight. Kids these days aren't even safe in their own beds anymore. I think every home should have a good security system. That way if someone trys to enter a home in the night or trys to open a window you at least have some warning.

Just heard a friend of the family failed lie detector test. Has not been arrested yet. I just seen this scrolling on the bottom of 7 while Good Morning America was on.

How sad about her mother. That poor woman. I couldn't even imagine. :(

http://www.detnow.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_4899965,00.html

An autopsy is scheduled to be done Tuesday on the burned body of a young child that was found Monday in Romulus. Authorities are trying to determine if the body is that of Raven Jeffries, the missing 7-year-old from Detroit.

The young girl's family continues to hold out hope that their daughter is still alive. An Amber Alert for young Raven Jeffries was still in effect Tuesday morning.

Crime scene investigators were on the scene all afternoon Monday, after the burned body of a child was discovered in a secluded Romulus field, off of Henry Ruff Road, near Ecorse and Merriman.

The height and weight of the body match the description of 7-year-old Jeffries, who has been missing since Friday, but authorities have not made a positive identification.

SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

I posted this at the beginning of the thread:

There is a registered sex offender living at 6607 MCDONALD ST DETROIT, MI 48210Raven's address is 6595 McDonald St. That is awfully close. I hope that LE has talked to him. Here is the link for the listings http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp

The article today says:
According to Michigan State Police records, 55 registered sex offenders live in Raven's neighborhood, one of them only a few houses away.

I wonder if the family friend that they are referring to is the registered sex offender that I posted earlier?

So so so sad. Obviously I hope this isnt the body of little Raven even though it most likely is. If by chance it isnt her then something bad happened to her it's Tuesday the little girl is 7 years old and has been gone for too long. I don't trust anyone at all anymore I grew up at a time where we would play outside for hours up in the woods making forts never had to check in just had to be home when the street lights came on. I could NOT imagine giving my own kids that kind of freedom.

Shadow205 said:
I posted this at the beginning of the thread:

There is a registered sex offender living at 6607 MCDONALD ST DETROIT, MI 48210Raven's address is 6595 McDonald St. That is awfully close. I hope that LE has talked to him. Here is the link for the listings http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp

The article today says:
According to Michigan State Police records, 55 registered sex offenders live in Raven's neighborhood, one of them only a few houses away.

I wonder if the family friend that they are referring to is the registered sex offender that I posted earlier?

It could be...it will be interesting to see if we learn more about him.

I just found this at Raven's website:

Raven Jeffries was last seen going outside her home at 6595 McDonald near Lonyo and Dayton by her 19-year-old brother. Raven was wearing a blue button up shirt with a collar, light blue pajama pants and flip-flop sandals with flowers. A small girl has contacted the family (2) times reporting she saw Raven around the area of McGraw and Spring Wells at approximately 4:00 P.M. 0n 08/05/2006. The family is seeking information on this tip.

http://ravenjeffries.com/

Bobbisangel said:
Why set her on fire? If they didn't want her ID'd then why didn't they just bury her? It's bad enough to murder someone but then to set their body on fire just increases the horror.
Burning a body gets rid of DNA evidence. It's horrific to even think about, but people who kill kids (or anyone else) don't have much of a conscience. Raven is such a sweet looking little girl. How could anyone possibly look into her little face and harm her in any way? It makes me absolutely sick.

There is also 4 additional photos on her website, just in case.

Shadow205 said:
I just found this at Raven's website:

Raven Jeffries was last seen going outside her home at 6595 McDonald near Lonyo and Dayton by her 19-year-old brother. Raven was wearing a blue button up shirt with a collar, light blue pajama pants and flip-flop sandals with flowers. A small girl has contacted the family (2) times reporting she saw Raven around the area of McGraw and Spring Wells at approximately 4:00 P.M. 0n 08/05/2006. The family is seeking information on this tip.

http://ravenjeffries.com/

Raven's mother mentioned these calls during one of the news interviews. She asked the girl to please call again.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060808/NEWS99/60808015

According to this article, there are still no absolute answers. They've called in a forensic dentist and have put a rush on the DNA analysis.

I found this part of the article to be particularly sad:

At the Jeffries' home on Tuesday, Raven’s brother verbally accosted WXYZ-TV news reporter Kimberly Craig, who had just started her live report for the noon newscast.

As Craig was speaking, the brother, David Hosler, 19, approached and asked the reporter not to insinuate that the body found in Romulus was his missing sister.

“If you don’t know it as a fact … please, quit saying that’s my sister,” Hosler said as the news station’s cameras cut away from the confrontation. “That means you people do not have faith.”

Later, Raven’s mother Brenda Jeffries approached Craig and apologized. The two women hugged and then Hosler came over and also apologized.

“Police shouldn’t be releasing information to the press before they release it to the family,” Hosler said.

It's obvious that David loves his little sister very much. He was struggling to hold back tears when he was interviewed yesterday.

That was at the 12 o'clock news. Craig was doing her thing and the brother approached and got very angry saying do not say the body was the same size as my sister, you do not know that. Craig said that yes, that has been reported by police and he told her that was a lie. He seemed very angry and they had to cut it off. It was sad, and it was him that last seen her. I also wonder if it was one of his friends that is a person of interest. They showed the family praying at the 5 pm news, the brother kept praying for his sister to be sent home okay. :(

The media doesn't take the family into consideration when they are filming and speaking to the public. Sure there are nice compassionate reporters but their main goal is to get the story. I don't blame this brother for not wanting things said on TV that haven't been proven yet. And this boy of everyone is going to be in denial that the body might be Raven because he probably feels really responsible for not keeping an eye on her. The mom must have been gone and big brother was in charge of little sister. He went to visit someone down the block and told her to stay on the porch. I can imagine the guilt he must be feeling.

I don't understand why people have registered sex offenders for friends when they have children in their homes. I wonder if they knew about the man's background? I hope this burned body isn't Raven but if it is I hope the killer isn't a friend of the family. That just makes it that much worse. It sounds like that area is just flooded with registered sex offenders.

I just pray that it isn't Raven, but that if it is, the family can accept it and be able to handle themselves and what lies ahead. This poor, poor family and poor little Raven. Prayers being said.

The mother said she had no idea the family friend was a sex offender. According to last night's news, more than one person has not passed the lie detector test.

Mabel, have they released the name of the registered sex offender who is a friend of the family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back