GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

I'd like to know some background information. The relationship she has with her son's father is the main one. I'm not saying I suspect him, but I'd like to know whether they are still together or not, as this could lead to the possibility of her meeting up with someone at the bar/restaurant on a date before she went to work.

I know it's is very early on in the investigation, but I hope we get some more information soon. We're lucky to have such a quick response from her family and friends, hopefully this helps LE find Rebekah alive and well.

I really want her to make it home. Too many of our missing don't, and I can't bear to see another child lose their mother.

Something doesn't make sense to me. She was last seen in her home at 6:50 am. If she drove her kid to school it wouldn't be that early but if it wasn't she would be seen at school. Again if she put her kid on the bus 6:50 am seems pretty early. She was last seen wearing something that seems to be a work outfit. Anyone know where she works?

Also how did the family know she was missing? It seems pretty quick did they live together? Did work call the family to see where she was at? How did they know at 12 she had been missing?

6:50 a.m. sounds like a school bus time. Rural buses usually stop right at homes on the route. It sounds like she told her son goodbye, he ran out the door, and poof...she was gone.

6:50 seems a bit early for a school bus. I teach in different districts and the normal start time 8 am.

6:50 seems a bit early for a school bus. I teach in different districts and the normal start time 8 am.

My son's school bus picks up at 7:10 a.m. for a 7:50 a.m. start time, and it's only a 10-minute drive to the school. In the winter in Michigan, a drive from the countryside with rural stops could take 45 minutes.

I would agree with others that 6:50 is too early to drop her son at school, but then, I haven't seen it reported anywhere that she was actually the one to drop him off. Maybe someone else was giving him a ride in but she was supposed to be there to pick him up. Maybe she DOES live with her child's father (either married or defacto), and he was the last to see her? This would make sense if dad was going to drop the little one off before he went to work, and she was going to pick him up in the afternoon. Maybe when she left at 6:50 she was actually on her way to work, and when she didn't arrive work contacted her family to see where she was?

Where is the Barn Door in relation to her workplace? I don't know if I've seen mention of where Rebekah works.

I've googled the Barn Door, but can't seem to find opening hours. I was curious to know whether the restuarant would be open between 7am and midday, as this is the time frame in which she went missing. I can't access the facebook page though (as I'm at work), so it may be listed there.

It said she lives in a rural area. IMO, that's about right if you live 25 miles out of town. Rebekah is 24, how old is her son? I was thinking he was 5 or 6, pretty young to ride the bus.

I think the 6:50 AM is either her leaving the house, or another person in the home who last saw her as he/she was leaving.

I see that your school time is earlier than ours. I was thinking 6:50 was far too early to be heading to school for 9am classes, but if school starts at 8am over there, considering they live in a rural location, him getting on the bus around that time might make sense.

Here's my thoughts, the family would have to know somehow that she was last seen at 6:50 and still hadn't been found at 12pm. That tells me she possibily lives with family or another person. Now who the family hears from that she's missing is important. If they hear it from the person that lives with her i.e. him calling over there to see if she is there because she wasn't at home, that shows me he may not be involved. If the family who reported her missing finds out shes missing from a 3rd party i.e. work calls them? Then that's more damning for the person she is living with.

The car being that far away is also weird it's like a 45 minute drive. No one could hurt her in her house dump the car that far away without having someone else to get them a ride back home.

I just want to say that I can't believe we're dealing yet again with a young, petite, pretty blonde girl. We have been down this road so many times.

I just want to say that I can't believe we're dealing yet again with a young, petite, pretty blonde girl. We have been down this road so many times.

Holly....Kortne....and on and on

so sad....it really makes me :furious::furious:

Rebekah never showed up for work, I'm betting her employer informed family.

They looked for her, found her car behind the bar and then reported her missing at noon. In Whitney Heichel's case LE began looking for her within hours of her being reported missing. Like Rebekah, they also found her car within hours.

Hoping this is not going down that same road.

Finding a Car 32 miles away is like a needle in a haystack if she didn't frequent that area.

Actually, the distance might be helpful in narrowing the pool of suspects. We have a Point A (either her home or some point along her daily trip route) and a Point B (the bar). Now LE can make a list of everyone known to be at both points on that morning. There can't be many people who would happen to be in both places on that morning. The challenge is interviewing everyone possible. But it's a rural area. So you should be able to canvass the area without much trouble.

It's a stretch to assume that it was someone she didn't know. But, if that's the case, it must have been someone who passed her home when the bus left or someone who followed her at some point that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back