MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

Police are looking into new leads in the 2006 stabbing deaths of New Baltimore couple Ronald and Christine Jabalee -- including the possibility that a plumber who is accused of killing another Macomb County woman may have been involved.
David Wright is incarcerated in the Macomb County Jail on charges he slit the throat of Washington Township's Marilou Johnson in her driveway June 14. Now, New Baltimore Police are investigating whether Wright may have been involved in the Jabalee slayings.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070811/METRO/708110403/1003
Didn't the plumber take the jewelry from that woman tho? It might be associated with him, but it looks like he would have taken their nice jewelry they were wearing instead of just the cash out of the pocket as LE stated. Very strange.

ok, I just saw this in their obituary:

They are survived by their children, Ronald (Deborah), Nicole (Paul) Schmidt and Ryan (Rosie); and nine grandchildren.
She is also survived by her sister, Claudia (James) Seta; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her mother, Patricia L. Potter; and sister, Cathy L. Thompson. He is also survived by his mother, Helen; siblings, Barbara (Ray) Lohmann, Carolyn (Tom) Essian, Blenda (Joseph) Polito, Richard (Sharon), Robert (Mary), Roger, Catheren (Cole) Trainor; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Frederick; and sister, Sharon.

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/101006/obi_20061009023.shtml

Could the top letter be a "J" and the word below be "seta"?

Good catch! Best suggestion I've seen so far....

I don't think it says 'Seta'... mainly because it doesn't take into account that part of the message was wiped away. And also because I just don't see that... well I see it but if it was that easy, why wouldn't the police see it?

This is tough. Taking into account the person was in very serious condition, the hand could have rested in places not meaning to make a letter. The most that stands out, imo. S A L E eliminating the mark between the S and A. Did they have anything for sale?

I don't pay attention to such tripe on the other message boards. The people are obviously only there to cause trouble and add nothing to a case. Why do people read them or respond?

This is close to Skeia.

By the way, I personally would be very wary of any message board postings by someone using the nick "Mike Hunt". For those of you who haven't already seen this name used with obscene intentions, I invite you to say the name out loud (and without any children around) :blushing:. Hint: it rhymes with "My front".

I'm well aware of that. ;)
I thought it was interesting because the first and the last post seemed to be a friend and a relative.

Oh, Goodness! I didn't mean you, PrayersForMaura! I am sorry. I didn't mean for it to have come out that way! I would never do that on purpose!

I was thinking about the person who named himself Mike Hunt and the one who responded to him...certainly not you! Again, sorry!

Gotcha! I've been a little stressed lately and I overreacted. Please forgive me. :blowkiss:

Hmmm, The first large letter appears to me to be definitely an S = so that the hand after going to the left making the last mark of the S would then have to have pulled their arm

back across their chest and try to make the next letter, and in the process would have lost the main bottom accurate line making what I perceive to be a letter i ,

Then pushing their hand up and not far enough to the right - thus interfering with the i that was just made and then made a very definite effort to make the letter

d, then an l then an e
So what I get is Sidle

Am wondering even with the mopping if luminol would show more of the original and initial letters that were made?

Wonder IF Ron had snitched on brother, seems like the brother was caught and charged VERY quickly after the murders.

This is sooo driving me crazy.

Maybe it's a type of automobile or motorcycle.

Now the 3rd "letter" is starting to look like a small "v" to me.

Still searching around for surnames that might fit the lettering (starting with Skeia, because of the immigration record of the woman named Mary Skeia Jabalee). Perhaps the word is one of these names:

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]Common misspellings and typos for the surname Skeita:
Sketa, Sketia, Skita, Skeiita, Skeitta, Seita, SSkeita, kSeita, Skieta, Skeiat, Skeia, Skkeita, Skeit, Sekita, Skeeita, Skeitaa, keita.

Also, FWIW,
[/FONT]šeik is Estonian and Serbian for Sheik or Sheikh, and šeikat means Sheikdom. Did they say that there is a letter (like J or S) above the word in the photo, or could it possibly be an accent mark?

I'm just brainstorming here :waitasec:...forgive me if I'm cluttering the thread with stuff that ultimately means nothing to this case. :blushing:

I'm just brainstorming here :waitasec:...forgive me if I'm cluttering the thread with stuff that ultimately means nothing to this case. :blushing:

IMO that's the best way to go. Stray from the obvious path a little is, too. It might stir something in someone or offer a new way of looking at something. This isn't an obvious one, or the police wouldn't be putting it out in public... I don't think you're cluttering anything.

In cases like these all avenues need explored, even the ones the explorer does't necessarily believe in.

I agree with the poster who wrote that the darkest areas are where each letter starts. She probably wrote the message while laying down on the ground. I imagine she was semi-unconscious.

It's so eerie looking at this. Knowing that this was the last message from a person dying a horrible death.

It's so eerie looking at this. Knowing that this was the last message from a person dying a horrible death.

I keep thinking about that, too. She knew she was dying. She wanted to leave a clue. I so bad want this solved for this brave lady and her husband.

I have been turning this thing sideways upside down and inside out.
The part that is going under the shadow of the car............looks like v or u, but could be w, or a c, VIC
inside of s or j, in the direction toward car could be V then W, of course smear in the middle. VW like volkswagon.
Facing right side up if S evile. Seville. kind of car.
I would expect letters to be left off the message.
The two different photos, really are different. The close up looks like a very clear 2 on top of the second letter or smear.

I'm going with your 2, BB..... for 2 attackers possibly?

I have been turning this thing sideways upside down and inside out.
The part that is going under the shadow of the car............looks like v or u, but could be w, or a c, VIC
inside of s or j, in the direction toward car could be V then W, of course smear in the middle. VW like volkswagon.
Facing right side up if S evile. Seville. kind of car.
I would expect letters to be left off the message.
The two different photos, really are different. The close up looks like a very clear 2 on top of the second letter or smear.

That's what I was doing too! At one site there is video and it gives a little more width to the pictures we've seen. I can't pause it in the right place to get a better look at it though.

I was seeing Sevil too, which made me think of the car. I can't help but wonder what the S on top (or whatever) is for, unless it's like someone already said that they just had to start lower down to continue.

Were they selling a car? Did they have an ad placed in the paper or internet for anything?

Everyone, keep brainstorming!

Just wanted you guys to know that I have emailed the New Baltimore, MI police department with a heads-up that they should read the postings at this site. Who knows what you guys are coming up with that may jog an idea for LE? Here is the email I sent them:

Detective Stevens,

I just wanted to let you know that the Jabalee case has been posted at www.websleuths.com. This is a website that is dedicated to true crime, and to which I have been a member since September, 2006. Before, you dismiss the site as insignificant to the case, I would like to encourage you, or one of your detectives to view the Websleuths postings related to this case. The individuals who post at Websleuths are very talented at analyzing information. They are very creative and experienced, and they will offer a perspective that will most assuredly add depth and dimension to your investigation. I have witnessed these talented individuals review and analyze other true crime cases in a manner that is often amazing. If you have any specific questions, please let me know, and I will do my utmost to see that they are answered. The members are very experienced in analyzing true crime cases via the internet, and yet they are cognizant of the sensitive nature of open cases. I hope you will take the time to view the website and the analysis that is taking place. The members of Websleuths would be honored to assist you in anyway possible.

If you zoom in on the "v" (if that's what it is), it almost looks like it could be a "w" with the 2nd part wiped out. It looks like the end of the "w" could be the big round spot on the bottom of what looks like a "c".

You have to wonder too if she was able to think well enough to spell correctly, or was she fading and had to write leaving out letters.

It's amazing that she tried so hard to help LE catch the killer(s). I hope it's not in vain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back