MI MI - Ruth Hoffman, 44, River Rouge, 30 June 1986

HI,
Everyone loved her and she done so much for alot of people and no she wasn't a special needs person, she was diagnosed with chemical Inbalance a few years back and only had about 3 or 4 episodes.
She was working helping me with my kids and she was ask ruth for the whole neighberhood men loved her and so did women she was the sweetest woman I have met so far in 42 years.
I was with my mother and she Is a very strong person but this hurt her yeah but she was out for revenge she probally wanted them locked up and she wasn't gonna stop until that happened. so please quit thinking my mom was fragile or helpless or crazy.
She had her life togehter more than most for all the *advertiser censored* she went thru.
We appreciate your prayers and god blees you also
They got her listed under endangered/missing person/possible abduction after rape not cause her once In a great while medical condition.
Sincerely Debbie.

I guess I missed something because I didn't see anywhere there was a problem. She did need medication though. Let's hope that's all that happened, she had an 'episode' and wandered off and is somewhere safe now. I know it's been a long time, but as long as there's no body, there should be hope.

Good luck with your search for your mom, she sounds like a wonderful person and it seems she has many people who miss her.

fran

PS.....Nancy Grace and Greta are continually bringing up 'cold case' missing persons. Perhaps you should try to contact them. I know this was a long time ago, but maybe if it gets national attention, someone will see her story and come forward with your answers.

PPS...There are several people here on the net who are pushing for a tv program just about 'missing.' It sounds like a good idea.

Yes fran she was on lithium and I hoping the same thing but they can't find the bar owner or his frien either! It was a local cop bar that she was at.
I also belong to unsolved cases and cold cases thru yahoo groups.
They are gonna feauture her the 21st-23rd.
Thank you she was the type of person that put everyone's happiness before her own, and this woman was my sunshine and now I live In the dark with this big empty hole In my heart, I will spend my last day's and my last breath on this earth trying to ind her (or) and I hate to even think like this but at least ind out what happened to her.
This mom of mine taught herself to play piano and had the voice of and angel she would play piano and sind at our church In ohio, and I talk to pastor jimmy anderson and they want her back as badly as I do.
Thank you for all your prayers her and I really need them
Take care fran and god bless you and yours,
Sincerely Debbie.:)

Your mother is beautiful and I am so sorry that you have had to go this long without her in your life. I sent the link to yuor site to friends all over the U.S. hoping that it will be passedto others and someone may be able to help you.

HI,
I want to thank you from the bottom of whats left of my heart.
If you would have met her you would have loved her to!
This has been the hardest thing so far In my life I have went thru and I've been thru hell and back. I was diagnoised with spedo tomor ceberi and had 37 surgery's 28 lp's 9 vp's brain surgery's while still trying to find her.
Now the kicker my exhusband just got out of jail for trying to kill me and they didn't even notify me I found out threw a cop friend of mine.
But no matter what the devil or whoever throws my way I will never stop.
I just wish sometimes I had a sister or brother but In a way Im glad so they don't have to feel this kind of pain.
But I want to thank you for yor kind words and letting people know about my mom.
Sincerely Debbie Lynn.

Debbie I second the thought that until you are notified that her remains are found you should keep hope that she may be found alive. However, after the time involved- well you cannot rule out the possibility that she will not be.
Can I make a suggestion? Have you considered contacting all the coroner's offices in your area to inquire about any unidentified remains that may have been found in the period since your mother's disappearance? Sometimes they will publicize when remains are found- but not always. I would pick a radius of 50 mi from where you are and contact all the coroner's within that area. Then I would start those within 50-100 mi of your area. The LE is always involved with missing person's and when remains are found. But the coroner's office is too. And they are the office responsible for the remains. So I would start contacting them directly since nothing is coming from LE.

HI,

No but a friend I met over the net has done that for me allready.
Thanks for the advice and I do have a new police dept on the case now
the wayne county sheriff's office they just took the case In feburary and she Is also on doenet work.
Believe me I didn't want to even think that could be possible but my mommy didn't raise no dummy.
Take care and god bless.
Sincerely deb.

:confused: My Question exactly...where do they go? How can someone/anyone particularly an adult just vanish? My nephew has been missing now since a week after 911..without a trace...the family knows about. Same deal here there was no real law involvment for a very long time. Many strange and mysterious things have happened, strange phone calls, hints of mssgs, etc. But nothing to hold on to.
I pray you learn something. I know how it is..believe me, we too miss someone. Best wishes, may the things done in darkness..be brought to light.

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew but thats one question I don't have the aswer to. In my moms case the first missing/rape case was suppose to be open on the 7th of july 1986 and I just recently found out they never opened It.
That Is why I wrote about the hell I had to go thru with the local police.
It's under my yahoo under my handle debbmhll. It's open to the public to read It so know one else has to go thru this again.
maybe someone In your family could go up to the police station that Is handling your nephew's case and ask to see the status on what they have done so far and also get his case on crimestoppers.
Well take care and I hope everything works out for your nephew.
our prayers will be with you/
Sincerely Debbie lynn.

Debbie...do the LE have any idea at all where the bartender or owner of the bar is now? Can't they use social security numbers to track these people? Aren't they suspects in the rape? Because of that they should be able to check out their SS numbers. Those guys have to be working somewhere.

As I was reading this thread I thought of my mother and how much I depended on her to be there even after I got married and had children. Our moms have always been in our lives and we take for granted that they always will be. I can remember just the thought of my mother being gone someday was more than I could stand to think about. When something big to me went on in my life I called my mom. Good or bad situations...I had to talk to mom. Mom gave great advice when asked...she could do anything she set her mind to. She loved me unconditionally. I had a wonderful mother. I was lucky enough to have an older sister who I am close to. I lost my mom a few years ago and miss her everyday. I still think "I've got to ask mom about such and such." Then I remember that I can't call her. My missing my mom is different then you missing your mom though. I had years with my mom and she died of old age. You have been robbed of love, time, and memories by someone.

I thought of you Debbie and how much you have needed your mom throughout the years. You've been through a lot even without your mom missing and I know there had to be a thousand times that you needed to hear her voice or feel her arms around you. Both of you have missed so much.

I sincerely hope that you get some answers soon.

HI,
You are the second person to have me In tears todd matthews from project jason was the first. when you were talking about your mom everything was exactly the same and It hurts like hell cause she was everything you said about your mom. she was my best friend my world revoled around her and everyone of my friend adored her. thank you for sharing with me In a way Im glad to cry because I am remembering all of the times I know I'll call mom or go over there.
everyday we had to talk on the phone or be together.
We had just moved Into a apt together we were both going thru divorces but we didn't care we had each other and I was 8 1/2 months pregnant when she went missing. that day was the end of my world how I knew It I was 23 and without my mommy. but I had to go on for my kids I hold them to close I think but anyways I went to the doctor and had him tie my tubes I sure didn't want to have any more without her. and because I was her only child she prayed for 6 years to get pg the doctor's told her no way but she told them I have my faith but I always promised I would have a big family for us. now I just want her back. thanks for letting me get that out. and Im glad you had the time with your mom.Debbie lynn.

Thank you sooo much we need all the prayer we can get.
And I hope we will find her also but I know her story has to go public.
Sincerely Debbie Lynn.
Did you visit her site at ruth.4ourangel.com?

debbie lynn smeaton said:
Thank you sooo much we need all the prayer we can get.
And I hope we will find her also but I know her story has to go public.
Sincerely Debbie Lynn.
Did you visit her site at ruth.4ourangel.com?

Yes, I did. I've bookmarked it and plan to read through all of it. You mother is a lovely lady, and I just can't imagine how hard it has been on you and your family. I just can't believe someone could vanish of the face of the earth...someone has to know where she is. I hope you find out something about her in the very near future...

You're right about getting her story out where everyone knows about it. So many of these things are resolved when the media get ahold of the story.

HI Marine mom,

Try to go under http://360.yahoo.com/debbmhll to read the short story's one about leading up to her missing and the other one Is about the first missing report In 1986 that never got opened,
There under my photo's and If you still have a hard time I will try to put them on this site but I was kinda waiting on someone to rewrite them I have terrible hand writing, I hope you all get a chance to read all about what we have been through.
Thanks to all of you for caring cause right now Im on my own trying to get this done I don't mean I don't have you guy's Im talking about family I'm the only child and It get's hard sometimes but I know I got jesus and you guy's and of coure cindy. Debbie Lynn.
Marine Mom said:
I read everything on the page and clicked on the coat picture. (Lovely woman.) But I didn't see anything relating to her journal. I just went back and checked again, but I must be having a senior moment a few years early.

HI Everyone,
I know It's been a while but I have been really working without of le getting the ball rolling and hopefully In a month or two they are seting up a press conference well really all we need Is a couple thing's we have to get the age progression first and I can't afford 30 dollars so I'm waiting still on the one's that did that first one and by the way would look nothing like her have you seen her picture's and the age progression? Please take a look and tell me what you think and I want you to be honest don't worry about hurting my feeling's I don't even think I have much Heart left expect for all the wonderful people I have met on these good site's and there are a few more:)
But I do finally want to give you the links where you can read her story's and yes they are typed so you can read them there not my writing lol
The first http://p105.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsofhomici...topicID=2.topic and the second Is www.geocities.com/ruthhoffmanmissing/ so finally you can read them soooooo sorry I have been trying to get the ball rolling, I hope everyone Is doing great and your all In my prayers.Deb.

HI Again,
I tried to click on the link from this site and can't so I have no Idea why so both storys are on the geocite under Ruth's story and the Missing report also theres a link almost to the bottom of her website that say's heavinly Inspirations her story's are both under there.
Thank you soooo much for being my friends and I will keep you Informed when It's going public and I would really love all your feedback after you have read the story's thanks and Godbless all.
PS: or you can click on my yahoo360 there Is a link from there.

Hi Debbie Lynn

I'm from this area. It was a bar she was at in River Rouge? Did she also live in this area? How familiar was she with this particular place?

Did she leave the bar on her own? Where was her vehicle (I'm assuming she drove)?

HI Pook,
Yes we both lived together at 58 leroy st river rouge and the bar was a few blocks away, and she was very familiar with the area we lived there for over a year but she walked up there to apply for the barmaid postion.
And I called up to the bar around 10 or 11 and they said she allready left and I asked with who the barmaid said she didn't know.
Was you able to find her story's and under which site I'm trying to figure out which one Is easier to get too!!!!!!!!
Sincerely Debbie Lynn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danicastiletto
Back