MI MI - Stephen Millis, adult, car left in parking lot at Dollar General, Newaygo County, 4 Jan 2019

On his official "find" page on FB (Bringing Steve Millis Home that I linked in Post #9), there is a post with important info:

Bringing Steve Millis Home (Dec 31, 2019 post)

and a follow-up post:

Bringing Steve Millis Home (January 2, 2020 post)

IMO, LE is trying to get physical evidence before they change this case from a "missing person" case to a "homicide."

ETA specific dates to the linked posts.

Now in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Also now in Charley Project with picture from CCTV the day he went missing: Stephen Mark Millis – The Charley Project

millis_stephen_dollargen.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Millis was last seen in Hesperia, Michigan on January 4, 2019. He stopped at the Dollar General store in the 300 block of east South Street to buy cat food and meet someone in the parking lot so he could sell fishing gear. Surveillance cameras showed him leaving the store after purchasing a drink; a still of him at the time is posted with this case summary.

The man who was supposed to meet Millis in the parking lot arrived and he was gone, but his unlocked turck was left behind in the lot, with numerous personal belongings inside. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing several days later.

Since Millis's disappearance, he hasn't had any financial transactions, made calls on his cellular phone (which went missing with him) or had any activity on his social media accounts. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. His daughter stated some of his acquaintances were a "rough crowd" and she thinks they were behind his disappearance; she theorizes he was killed because he knew something about some illegal activity.

His case remains unsolved.

Page being run by his daughter: Bringing Steve Millis Home

Bringing Steve Millis Home
18 Dec 2020
131986412_1042645849544501_2889570573768371659_o.jpg

Bringing Steve Millis Home
14 Dec 2020
I heard a quote that said "evil can only prevail when the good do nothing.". Please don't be the good that does nothing. We know there were a few people there that night who did nothing and are still doing nothing. We know there are a few people that his murderers confessed details to. Maybe you've remembered more details since you last spoke to the police- now's a good time to pass that info on. I'm begging anyone with any info to please help us wrap this nightmare up.
For a long time I was having dreams about that night. About what he went through. They stopped for a while and now they're non stop. They're every night and I know why I'm having them again..
Buffy was released from prison last week. She has been there for about a year and a half on charges unrelated to my dad. She had a gun charge pending in Muskegon but she was released on time served for her other charge due to Covid. I hoped that charge would keep her hemmed up a bit longer so I could figure out how to exist along side her. Knowing she helped orchestrate my dad's murder and saw it through to the end. She lives near me and I will likely run into her. Pure evil walks among us and she will only prevail if the good do nothing.
Please keep sharing his photo. He is still missing and there is still a 15k reward.

Now in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Also now in Charley Project with picture from CCTV the day he went missing: Stephen Mark Millis – The Charley Project

millis_stephen_dollargen.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Millis was last seen in Hesperia, Michigan on January 4, 2019. He stopped at the Dollar General store in the 300 block of east South Street to buy cat food and meet someone in the parking lot so he could sell fishing gear. Surveillance cameras showed him leaving the store after purchasing a drink; a still of him at the time is posted with this case summary.

The man who was supposed to meet Millis in the parking lot arrived and he was gone, but his unlocked turck was left behind in the lot, with numerous personal belongings inside. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing several days later.

Since Millis's disappearance, he hasn't had any financial transactions, made calls on his cellular phone (which went missing with him) or had any activity on his social media accounts. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. His daughter stated some of his acquaintances were a "rough crowd" and she thinks they were behind his disappearance; she theorizes he was killed because he knew something about some illegal activity.

His case remains unsolved.

Page being run by his daughter: Bringing Steve Millis Home

RBBM
So does this mean they don't think his disappearance has anything to do with selling fishing equipment?

From what I gather, he bought cat food, came outside to sell fishing equipment, and disappeared. The family believes he was lured by people involved in illegal activity. They feel he could be in Oceana or Newaygo County. Am I understanding this correctly?

Steve is still missing, and after listening to all 4 episodes of the Vanished about his story, I think this is one of the most convoluted, confusing missing persons stories I've ever heard.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that Steve certainly met with foul play as a result of someone he was in contact with, but there are so many sketchy people around him and so many stories of what happened with whom, I don't envy law enforcement the job of trying to untangle this mess and figure out which one of these outrageous stories, if any, is the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back