GUILTY MI - Stoni Blair, 13, & Stephen Berry, 9, found in Detroit freezer, 2012 & 2013

um, so as a parent you find out one of your children is molesting a relative and your response is to kill your child stuff him/her in a freezer. Then a year later you discover another child of yours has molested a relative so you kill that one too and tuck it away with its sibling? You don't wonder why your minor children repeatedly seem to have this issue with molesting? You don't question whether perhaps they are acting out because they themselves have been victim of child sexual abuse?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Why do I disbelieve this mother's excuse for killing her kids? Seems a bit self serving. She sacrificed not one but two of her children for the good of some unnamed minor relative but got no one the help they needed? Yeah, not buying it.

As to the other siblings knowing, again, whiskey tango foxtrot?

There is obviously going to be a lot more to this story than now meets the eye. Not sure I have the stomach for it. :eek:

Detroit police discover bodies of 2 children in freezer

By Stephanie Gallman, CNN

Updated 10:13 AM ET, Wed March 25, 2015

(CNN)—Police in Detroit made a gruesome discovery Tuesday.

A bailiff performing an eviction on a home on the east side of Detroit called 911 after discovering the body of a child inside a freezer. While investigating the body of a girl, authorities found a boy's body, according to a release from the Detroit Police Department.

Both bodies were inside a plastic bag, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/us/michigan-bodies-freezer/index.html

um, so as a parent you find out one of your children is molesting a relative and your response is to kill your child stuff him/her in a freezer. Then a year later you discover another child of yours has molested a relative so you kill that one too and tuck it away with its sibling? You don't wonder why your minor children repeatedly seem to have this issue with molesting? You don't question whether perhaps they are acting out because they themselves have been victim of child sexual abuse?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Why do I disbelieve this mother's excuse for killing her kids? Seems a bit self serving. She sacrificed not one but two of her children for the good of some unnamed minor relative but got no one the help they needed? Yeah, not buying it.

:thinking:Yep! I'm with you. Not buying it ....

~

Sources: Mom confessed to killing kids found in freezer

George Hunter, The Detroit News 9:11 a.m. EDT March 25, 2015

Detroit — A 35-year-old woman confessed to killing her two children a year apart and burying them in a freezer after she discovered they had been molesting a young relative, two police sources familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.

The two surviving children, ages 11 and 17, knew their siblings were inside the freezer — one for nearly two years — two police sources told The News.

The woman, Mitchelle Blair, told detectives she killed her 11-year-old son two years ago, and her 14-year-old daughter in May 2014, after finding out about the sexual abuse, two sources said.

The Detroit News is not disclosing the identity of the relative who was allegedly molested in order to protect the victim’s identity...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/03/25/freezer-bodies/70420854/

So the boy was 9 at his death and the girl was probably 13. So sad :(

For people to not notice for more than a year and the other two children to keep quiet all this time.........just tragic!

I find the places she chose to Review on her FB Page to be Ironic :)~

Centerfire Tactical Gear — 5 star
KNOT ALL THERE — 5 star

She definitely is NOT ALL THERE! :(

~

Sure seems to be that way BDE.... So Sad !!!!! :(

Thanks for starting this thread, Guinevere. I was about to post the breaking news when I saw that you'd already done so. :( that we're meeting again for yet another tragic local case involving children.

I'm sure her lawyers will be working overtime to get her off on diminished capacity or insanity.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

First, BetteDavisEyes and Guinevere, let me thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this Bizarre (with a capital B) case. Local folks are so very valuable to WS'ers, as you both know.

Tortured, buried, and then she & her surviving children were living in another apt. due to her knowing about the eviction??? And her living children knew about the siblings in the freezer? We're got a lot more to learn about this one, but I suspect that LE will clam-up pretty soon in anticipation of further detective work, hearings and a trial, etc. SMH. Dayam, this is just one of those stranger-than-fiction things we see here only rarely. Each one we see has its share of things that we cannot understand, but this one...

I hope the living children are somewhere they feel safe & secure. They had to have some measure of fear, surely. And, IMO, they need therapy as soon as they can get it. JMO.

Did she have no way of hiding the bodies outside her own dwelling place? Did she just not care? Was she planning to go back and do something with them but LE came sooner than she expected? She may not have had a car -- so that would be a problem (I'm being serious here.) Mind-blowing. Is she sane? And in one of the articles, didn't a woman say something about her son being raped? Maybe I misunderstood what she was saying. LE must be dizzy and incredulous while trying to deal with this one. Whew. What more to say??? Just dayam.

What link please? Holy cow.......
ETA NM , I found it. Makes no sense..... and if the perps of the assault were her other children, how did she decide who got to live? God rest their little souls :(

Presser hasn't started yet, but I'm on the live stream link. WDIV also has a noon news report and will likely have an update.

Here we go...

Live on Channel 4, too.

Autopsies to be performed in next few days to determine cause of death.

Asks media to respect the privacy of the remaining children in the family.

That's it for now.

Child abuse charges against mother to hold her until autopsies are performed. Surviving children appear to have been physically abused.

Bodies of deceased children need to be thawed before autopsies can take place. One child COD reportedly blunt force trauma. Other child reportedly strangled but need medical examiner to confirm.

Extensive interview with mother yesterday. At times, she appeared to be "irrational".

Here we go...

Live on Channel 4, too.

Autopsies to be performed in next few days to determine cause of death.

Asks media to respect the privacy of the remaining children in the family.

That's it for now.

Thank You BDE! Had some work to get done here and missed the presser and appreciate the updates.

Yes we meet again for the sake of a child(ren) :tears: Those are the ones that get me the most <3

I still Think about Bianca all the time and still hold out hope for more answers/closure for her..........:confused:

Jersey's killer still has not gone to trial :sigh: :waiting:.....

The poor Babies .....:notgood:

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname